Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Nobody can shut down KD.

I am looking forward to a heavy dose of McGuire - earn your roster spot, Dom!
    Shutting him down is maybe a poor choice of words from my part, maybe to contain him and make things uncomfortable for him. The last thing I want to see is Durant going for 30+ points and getting easy baskets especially the last 5 minutes of the game. It will be especially dangerous if Kevin Martin gets hot from the 3 pointer because then you are really screwed.

Again I don't see the Raptors pulling this off unless Bargs gets that stick out of his ass and starts playing some serious basketball + Lowry and Derozan still continueing going strong.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Shutting him down is maybe a poor choice of words from my part, maybe to contain him and make things uncomfortable for him. The last thing I want to see is Durant going for 30+ points and getting easy baskets especially the last 5 minutes of the game. It will be especially dangerous if Kevin Martin gets hot from the 3 pointer because then you are really screwed.

Again I don't see the Raptors pulling this off unless Bargs gets that stick out of his ass and starts playing some serious basketball + Lowry and Derozan still continueing going strong.
      I really have this weird gut feeling, that the bench & Front-court is going to be key against OKC. OKC doesn't have that great bench anymore other than maybe Kevin Martin.. No other significant pieces that make it competitive for guys like Durant and Westbrook.

If Derozan & Lowry have great games, it's not nearly going to be enough for the win. Nor don't I feel Derozan will have a great game, because he's being covered by Sefolosha.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Lowry vs. Westbrook match up should be interesting. Westbrook seems to always make his match up's personal and is always talking trash, and Lowry doesn't back down from anyone. Still it could be really tough for Lowry because Westbrook is such a big pg and really athletic.

Comment

I hope Lowry (and the teams defense) forces Westbrook to cough up the ball a lot, disruptive defense on the pg makes it so much easier to contain the oposing teams offence

Comment

I hope they both go off on each other in an epic duel between elite PGs, but I could be bias since I have both of them on my fantasy team.

Seriously though, this is a tough match-up for Lowry because of Westbrook's speed and explosiveness. But Lowry's no slouch and this should be a great head to head match-up. They actually are similar players in a lot of aspects, slightly undersized but very physical guards who are better scorers than passers and both defend hard. Westbrook is more explosive but Lowry has the better outside shot. Can't wait.

I foresee KD getting 35 points because we don't have enough wing defenders to slow him down and Ibaka is exactly the type of defender that will give Bargnani fits (fast, tall, and athletic). Ibaka can defend Barg's on the dribble drive, and still get a hand up on all his shots. I don't see Barg's bouncing back offensively but he could still have a good game if he stays active and draws Ibaka away from the hoop.

I think for the Raps to pull this one out, they'll need a monster performance on the glass, which would could do. JV is much more mobile than Perkins, and Amir has the length over Collison, so we could get an edge there if someone (Barg's - looking at you) can get a body on Ibaka.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

It's all about the turnovers. In OKC's two losses they coughed up the ball 18 times (against SA), and 20 times (against Atlanta). If we can get them to turn the ball over, then we have a shot. Otherwise I think it will be a long night. This is easier said than done, but if we put the pressure on RW and Martin then it may work to our advantage.

I looked at the box score from last season when we got pummeled by OKC. The reason we lost was because our bench was putrid. This year we should have a stronger bench (at least Jose is an upgrade over Uzoh) and OKC's bench got arguably worse with the Harden trade.

Comment

I found this interesting (and encouraging):

Take away the last five minutes of the loss to Indy and the first six minutes of the second quarter in the loss to Brooklyn and the Raptors were up by a collective 11 points in the two losses. In those 11 minutes they were torched a combined 27-7.

That’s a plus-11 in 85 good minutes and minus 20 in 11 bad ones.

The message was clear. Even with an 0-2 record, the Raps were controlling over 88% of the game. Improve that other 12% and good things would happen.

That’s what happened Sunday night and it’s why the Raptors are heading off on a two-game road trip feeling good about themselves rather than dragging an 0-3 start.
                http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/04...re-from-fields

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  The Fans chose Raps Vs OKC! The US fans be recognizing us. We gotta show em how boss we are
                  I'm pretty sure the fans chose to watch Kevin Durant play, period.

Even though we're miles apart I like the way our team matches up with the Thunder, other than at the SF position, for obvious reasons.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

Will be nice to see OKC. Love watching Durant play. Plus, playing OKC means we'll get good officials for the first time this year. That will be a welcome change.

Looking for Val to bounce back after a couple of bleh games. Guards need to get him some easy looks.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                      Will be nice to see OKC. Love watching Durant play. Plus, playing OKC means we'll get good officials for the first time this year. That will be a welcome change.

Looking for Val to bounce back after a couple of bleh games. Guards need to get him some easy looks.
                      I love Val and hope for great success and a long illustrious career... but so far he seems to be outplayed and outWEIGHED by every center we've faced so far... Hibbert, Lopez, Pekovic. Physically speaking, he looks like a kid playing with men. I wonder if he can gain another 20lbs of muscle in the next couple of years or else he's gonna get beat up.

Comment

Jaworski wrote: View Post
                        I love Val and hope for great success and a long illustrious career... but so far he seems to be outplayed and outWEIGHED by every center we've faced so far... Hibbert, Lopez, Pekovic. Physically speaking, he looks like a kid playing with men. I wonder if he can gain another 20lbs of muscle in the next couple of years or else he's gonna get beat up.
                        I think you're right. He's getting outmuscled pretty bad. Perkins ain't a baby either. But it's common for rooks. He'll get bigger I'm sure. Meanwhile he should be trying to use his speed a little more.

BTW i am feakin amped for the Westbrook vs. Lowry matchup!
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I am 6'7"/6'8".

When I was 18 I weighed 175.

When I was 20 I weighted about 205.

When I was 23 I was at 235.

I have no question he will add weight and more strength. For the majority of tall, lanky people, it just takes time. There are always exceptions to the rule, of course, but that relates to genetics.

You can see differences just in looking at pictures from now and 2 years ago.

Comment

...I have no question he will add weight and more strength. For the majority of tall, lanky people, it just takes time...
                            And in JV's case, advice and training from one of the world's best trainers. He should get himself a nutritionist - actually the Raps should pay for one for him.

Comment

I am 6'7"/6'8".

When I was 18 I weighed 175.
                              When I was 20 I weighted about 205.
                              When I was 23 I was at 235.

I have no question he will add weight and more strength. For the majority of tall, lanky people, it just takes time. There are always exceptions to the rule, of course, but that relates to genetics.

You can see differences just in looking at pictures from now and 2 years ago.
                              I believe the exception to the rule was Lebron. He was a beast at 18 yrs old, a complete man-child.

JV is better off than a lot of young bigs coming in at least. He is lean but muscular compared to skinny beanpoles like Marcus Camby. Camby now came in at 223 lbs, while JV is already 240 (both listed as 6'11"). Also, look at Anthony Davis, 6'10", 222lbs. He is already behind JV in the mass game. A guy who was 240 lbs coming in was Patrick Ewing, so maybe JV is the next Patrick Ewing. I think most Rap fans would take that.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

LOL, you got me thinking about how much I weighed when I was 20 and how much I weigh now (35..sigh). JV shouldn't have a problem putting on the pounds as he gets older.

Comment

Working...
                                X