Power Rankings. (Apparently we suck)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Rankings. (Apparently we suck)

Wow, ESPN and Bleacher Report (not saying they're good) just ranked us in the 20s. I am amazed. I have to ask, we're they even watching the games. Because even tho were 1-2, we coulda been just as easily 3-0. I'm not saying that we are title contenders, but it seems like other than Raptors fans, everybody is biased. They are seriously gonna be surprised if Bargs gets it going. The way I see it, is we have a top 15, arguably top 10 backcourt, if they stay this way.
    And a rookie who may struggle this year but will be a BIG difference maker during the season.

All we need is a shooter on the wing. Not playing down on Fields' abilities, but he just doesn't fit. Whether we're getting JJ Redick or J-Rich, we need to upgrade the wing, and I think we'll be good. We may think we are stuck in mediocrity, or even lower, but we have a lot of upside. I think BC has done a very good job, he may have struck out early but it seems he's on the verge of hitting a home run.

We're close, everyone knows it, but can't grasp. It is an amazing feeling

We're almost there.

We've been having games on NBA TV, but with no one watching
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Its weird, because offense (10) and defense (9) are top-10 in the league... yet we are now 21st in the rankings... at 22 GS has a middle of the pack offense (15) and below average def (18)...
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
        Wow, ESPN and Bleacher Report (not saying they're good) just ranked us in the 20s. I am amazed. I have to ask, we're they even watching the games. Because even tho were 1-2, we coulda been just as easily 3-0. I'm not saying that we are title contenders, but it seems like other than Raptors fans, everybody is biased. They are seriously gonna be surprised if Bargs gets it going. The way I see it, is we have a top 15, arguably top 10 backcourt, if they stay this way.
        And a rookie who may struggle this year but will be a BIG difference maker during the season.

All we need is a shooter on the wing. Not playing down on Fields' abilities, but he just doesn't fit. Whether we're getting JJ Redick or J-Rich, we need to upgrade the wing, and I think we'll be good. We may think we are stuck in mediocrity, or even lower, but we have a lot of upside. I think BC has done a very good job, he may have struck out early but it seems he's on the verge of hitting a home run.

We're close, everyone knows it, but can't grasp. It is an amazing feeling

We're almost there.
        Last time I checked, 16 teams make the playoffs. Im pretty sure we were a consensus borderline playoff team at best three games ago. That puts us somewhere around 15-20th. Considering we started 0-2, including blowing a huge lead to a Granger-less Pacers .. I cant see any reason why we should be much higher than 20th. Am I missing something??

Listen, I like this team, Im optomistic, etc - but they havent shown enough to warrant a higher ranking yet. These rankings look very fair to me.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
          it seems like other than Raptors fans, everybody is biased.
          Lulz. Suuure, Raptors fans are totally objective. Everyone else just really, really underestimates and disrespects us because......well, i'm sure there's no reason for it. They must be biased!

Comment

I believe they use the teams offensive and defensive ranking as well as pace and and win/loss record to create the ranking.

Comment

it seems like other than Raptors fans, everybody is biased.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                I believe they use the teams offensive and defensive ranking as well as pace and and win/loss record to create the ranking.
                and our off was 10th in the league, and our defense was 9th. So I dunno how we are the 21st best team...
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Win/Lose is huge. Nba.com had us at 21st, and looking at other teams win/loss records, it seemed pretty fair. Not gonna bother looking at bleacher report or ESPN

Comment

I'm more surprised that the Lakers are ranked so high after their start to the season. 0-3 in the first the games and their first win came against the lowly Pistons. I'm not saying they should be ranked 30th but 15 seems a little high for them (judging by their start).

Comment

Hoopsworld has us at 26th, ESPN's got us at 23rd.
                      http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-power-...gs-week-one-2/
                      http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings/_/year/2013/week/1

Comment

That's just ridiculous...

Comment

Power rankings usually go by record. I mean Stein writes the ESPN ones by himself, you think he watches every game? And he's usually quick to defend the Raps relative to other American writers. Give it some time, if they're still playing well after 15-20 games the recognition will come.

Comment

More recognition has come from NBA Gametime and Fantasy Insider on NBATV. Every show you'll hear a good dose about Lowry/Derozan/Valanciunas during these shows recently.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

we are not a good team lowry is a next level player but outside of that maybe jv but he needs a year. demar hurts us on offense because he cant extend the floor with 3's he has been downgraded to 3rd or 4th option. why you think calderon and lowry are on the court so much together because demar clogs the lanes and bottle necks the offense. I personally think they gave him this contract to match money for a trade.

Comment

Working...
                              X