Thread: Grange on Raptors: Raps embrace Lowry, forget Nash (SportsNet.ca)

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I think the argument becomes even more significant with the extension handed out to DeRozan, now that Ross has been relegated to long-term backup.
    As has been pointed out, its a bit ridiculous to think that Demars Extension was already lined up and ready to go, at that point in time.

And secondly, why is Ross "relegated to long-term backup"?
    I'm pretty sure Colangelo said ON DRAFT NIGHT he could see Ross playing the 2 or 3 beside Derozan.
    I believe his words were (summarizing, this is not an exact quote) "Wing players are Wing players. Traditional positions are slowly going out the window. Now its more a combination of Guards, Wings and Forwards, as opposed to PG, SG, SF, PF, C."

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    For me, it's not only the unwillingness to trade the 2012 #8 pick for Lowry that irks me, given the DeRozan extension. There were rumors in the aftermath of the Howard trade that said the Raps might have been able to acquire Iguodala from Philly, had they been willing to include the 2012 #8 pick (along with Calderon and Davis). It would have been conceivable for the conditions on the pick included in the Lowry trade to begin in 2014 (instead of 2013), which would have theoretically allowed the Raps to acquire both Lowry AND Iguodala, essentially for Ross & Davis & Calderon & a conditional 1st round pick. How good would that lineup have looked?
    While this is all well and good, I don't base my opinioin on 'Rumors'.
    Especially considering not ONE rumour "leaked" from BC has actually been accurate since he's been here. That I can think of anyway.
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Nov 6th, 2012 at 11:31 AM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Thread Information