Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kinda crazy trade with Bulls... What y'all thinkin'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda crazy trade with Bulls... What y'all thinkin'?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bgushat

Bargs, Ed and Kleiza for Boozer and Hamilton. I just think that this trade would make us a lock for the playoffs this year. Espn says that it would be minus 9 wins for the Bulls... I don't agree with this. Also, they are trying to trade those 2 since sometime now.

We could then sign a guy like Kenyon Martin, Kyrylo Fesenko or Mehmet Okur to complete our roster.

Valanciunas/Gray/Martin
    Boozer/Johnson/Acy
    Fields/Anderson/McGuire
    DeRozan/Hamilton/Ross
    Lowry/Calderon/Lucas

We need more production from the wing players and Rip will give you this. As for Boozer, he can score and rebound like no others; exactly what we want from a starting PF.

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post

Bargs, Ed and Kleiza for Boozer and Hamilton. I just think that this trade would make us a lock for the playoffs this year. Espn says that it would be minus 9 wins for the Bulls... I don't agree with this. Also, they are trying to trade those 2 since sometime now.

We could then sign a guy like Kenyon Martin, Kyrylo Fesenko or Mehmet Okur to complete our roster.

Valanciunas/Gray/Martin
    Boozer/Johnson/Acy
    Fields/Anderson/McGuire
    DeRozan/Hamilton/Ross
    Lowry/Calderon/Lucas

We need more production from the wing players and Rip will give you this. As for Boozer, he can score and rebound like no others; exactly what we want from a starting PF.
    I wonder if we would be able to lowball for boozer, he has a bad contract and they did lock up that gibson guy.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
      I wonder if we would be able to lowball for boozer, he has a bad contract and they did lock up that gibson guy.
      Sorry I don't understand, what means lowball? And I also forgot Magloire for the 3rd string center.

Comment

Valanciunas/Gray/Martin
        Boozer/Johnson/Acy
        Fields/Anderson/McGuire
        DeRozan/Hamilton/Ross
        Lowry/Calderon/Lucas

I think Davis and Hamilton should be removed from the trade and of course stay with their respective teams. As much as Boozer has lost peoples favour, I agree with you that he would instantly make us contenders. Kleiza's absence won't be felt much 'cause Anderson is proving to be quite capable. Since Boozer's contract is proving to be a tough one to move, we might even be able to squeeze a 2 nd rounder from Chicago. Overall, I like the idea.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
          I think Davis and Hamilton should be removed from the trade and of course stay with their respective teams. As much as Boozer has lost peoples favour, I agree with you that he would instantly make us contenders. Kleiza's absence won't be felt much 'cause Anderson is proving to be quite capable. Since Boozer's contract is proving to be a tough one to move, we might even be able to squeeze a 2 nd rounder from Chicago. Overall, I like the idea.
          Thanks for your answer, but why would not you take Hamilton back? I mean it's clear that we need some more production from the wing players and he would be a perfect backup for DeMar, also giving him and Ross a great guy to look up to.

I think it would give us the perfect Veteran/Young team mix. Also, I wouldn't trade Bargs and Kleiza for only Boozer, as I'm not even sure it helps the Bulls, since they want to trade Hamilton.

Comment

Thanks for your answer, but why would not you take Hamilton back? I mean it's clear that we need some more production from the wing players and he would be a perfect backup for DeMar, also giving him and Ross a great guy to look up to.

I think it would give us the perfect Veteran/Young team mix. Also, I wouldn't trade Bargs and Kleiza for only Boozer, as I'm not even sure it helps the Bulls, since they want to trade Hamilton.
            The wing position is a little bit of a concern but I'm quite confident it won't last long. Ross's production should pick up and make up for what seems like a concern now. Even if it doesn't, to get wing help is probably one of the easiest things. I like Hamilton but not if it means giving up Davis.

From Chicago's point of view, replacing Boozer with Bargs. should be an easy decision to make. As good as Boozer has been and IMO still is, his present value is not good. Besides if Klieza decides not to pick up his player option, there is a financial benefit as well.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Sorry I don't understand, what means lowball? And I also forgot Magloire for the 3rd string center.
              offer less for boozer, or even better, offer up a lot more and get boozer and deng. I would be happy with that.

Comment

Right now I don't see why we should keep Ed Davis. Amir is doing a really good job as the primary backup.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                  offer less for boozer, or even better, offer up a lot more and get boozer and deng. I would be happy with that.

Ok thank you, but I don't see the Bulls trading Deng right now. He's been an all star for the first time last year and I don't think we have a lot more to offer.

Comment

Valanciunas/Gray/Martin
                    Boozer/Johnson/Acy
                    Fields/Anderson/McGuire
                    DeRozan/Hamilton/Ross
                    Lowry/Calderon/Lucas

Boozer is nice. Not to mention a change of scenery could really spark his production. But, let's keep in mind here, that he and Rip Hamilton are NOT in their primes anymore. Not to mention Boozer's contract will hamper any type of flexibility for the future, taking away our ability to make a bigger move for a Rudy Gay/Josh Smith type player.

In my opinion, this doesn't make us any significantly better overall. Probably better low post production, and rebounding, but defensively we are at the same level. Unless acquiring a guy like Gay, who significantly makes us a better offensive team right away, or same situation with Josh Smith, but defensively.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Right now I don't see why we should keep Ed Davis. Amir is doing a really good job as the primary backup.

I have nothing against trading Ed but for good value. He is a young, improving PF who can fetch us something really good in a trade. Ed for a protected 1 st rounder is easily possible IMO. Just an example.
                      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                        Boozer is nice. Not to mention a change of scenery could really spark his production. But, let's keep in mind here, that he and Rip Hamilton are NOT in their primes anymore. Not to mention Boozer's contract will hamper any type of flexibility for the future, taking away our ability to make a bigger move for a Rudy Gay/Josh Smith type player.

In my opinion, this doesn't make us any significantly better overall. Probably better low post production, and rebounding, but defensively we are at the same level. Unless acquiring a guy like Gay, who significantly makes us a better offensive team right away, or same situation with Josh Smith, but defensively.
                        Future flexibility is the main reason I am not in favour of acquiring Hamilton. Now, if he's waived IMO Raptors should look to acquire him. Acquiring Boozer though should not hamper future flexibility 'cause an equal amount of money in Bargnani's and Kleiza's salaries is being exchanged.

As far as his production is concerned, with Lowry showing that he can score and Demar quickly adapting to Lowry, I think even a 70% Boozer would be a big improvement over Bargnani defensively. This is not to take away anything from his(Bargs) improving defence and of course offensive skills.
                        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I kinda like this trade but if there is any chance we can pry Deng from that team too, we fleeced them over Rose + Marshall for Davis and JYD, we can fleece them again. Bargs > Boozer. Davis + Calderon +Future First = Deng. Possibly a separate trade, don't want any part of R.Hamilton. I want to see Ross flourish.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                            I kinda like this trade but if there is any chance we can pry Deng from that team too, we fleeced them over Rose + Marshall for Davis and JYD, we can fleece them again. Bargs > Boozer. Davis + Calderon +Future First = Deng. Possibly a separate trade, don't want any part of R.Hamilton. I want to see Ross flourish.
                            Tenforthewin! Man, not a bad idea! goodness! Wow! I'm speechless! ;-)
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bw7ppfq

How 'bout this? + draft picks and all that

Comment

Working...
                              X