Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Raptors vs. Mavericks: Wednesday, November 7th

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lmao "this isn't community league basketball" quote of the night right there.

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DeMar's D sucks too, in fact it sucks badly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    DeMar's D sucks too, in fact it sucks badly.
    Its better than bargnani's. Thing is, bargnani hurts us 2x more because when he doesn't box out the other team gets easy 2nd chance points.

Post Thanks / Like

Derozan should be out there 40 mins. He's the only guy you can trust on the wing. Same with Lowry. 40 mins. I'd be real tempted to roll with those 2 and Calderon. Give Ross some spot minutes. This wing situation is just a disaster.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish we traded for Wilson Chandler. Fuck BC man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Its better than bargnani's. Thing is, bargnani hurts us 2x more because when he doesn't box out the other team gets easy 2nd chance points.
    VC absolutely schooled DeRozan tonight on both ends of the court.

At the end of the day, we're not improving from last year, and it's all because of our 2 best players being flaky at best. I'm not sticking up for Barg's anymore even though I used to, he can't even hit the rim on a contested shot, so what does being 7 feet help?

Very frusturating.

Post Thanks / Like

No he didn't that one block doesn't prove shit bro. DeMar was playing better than carter all night. The rest of the team played so shit that you didn't notice. Carter hit a couple of ok shot but thats it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    No he didn't that one block doesn't prove shit bro. DeMar was playing better than carter all night. The rest of the team played so shit that you didn't notice. Carter hit a couple of ok shot but thats it
    Still, DD probably leads all guards in getting swatted this year. I will admit though I'm not a big fan of DD so when he does play good I'm overly harsh. He had a good game.

Post Thanks / Like

rough game to watch

the minutes getting thrown around thing isn't really helping, i don't think.

fields is awful :/
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I hate the referees. How can bad teams improve when the refs make it that much harder on them? VC held Calderon for a long time = no offensive foul. Collison got BLOCKED BY McGuire = foul. It's a joke. There's a reason why the Raptors are giving up 30-40 free throws every game. These fuck!ng referees need to call games down the middle. It's a joke.

P.S. Fields is baaaaallllsssssssssss. D-League material
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I think it was just the first Q that was terrible. It dug us into a huge hole that was impossible to come back from. On the bright side Andrea finally got going and Demar continues his fine play. The best thing about this is that Kyle got a day to heal.

Post Thanks / Like

I loved Demar's play tonight. He was aggressive. This guy is really loving up to his expectations... FOR NOW.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol @ the comments, you guys realize it was a road game, plus the Raptors are missing their best player in Lowry. And they were playing 4 games in 5 nights. No wonder Bargs is looking horrible on defense its because the season just started and he hasn't fully been able to perform in season-form just yet.

Geez, Fields is bad, like really horrible on offense, but when Lowry is on the court he is a much more easier pill to swallow on offense. Wait for it when the Raptors start stringing along couple winning streaks all will be well in Raptorland, and the comments will be like night and day.

If Lowry is still isn't ready for the next couple games we need to insert AA in as the starting lineup.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad I didn't surf over to any Mavericks fan board to monitor their in game comments about the Raptors. Probably have thrown the laptop through the window.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

The positives from last night are that from the second quarter on the offense was working very efficiently and Amir had a fantastic second half. He and Calderon are on the same page. With Lowrey out Casey should consider starting Amir and having JV coming off the bench.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They only lost by 5.. if it weren't for the first quarter, they'd probably have won. The horrendous starts are really beginning to bite them in the ass

Post Thanks / Like

Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    No wonder Bargs is looking horrible on defense its because the season just started and he hasn't fully been able to perform in season-form just yet.
    Yep, by mid-season, Bargnani will be back to playing the shutdown defence that is his calling card. No need to worry....

Thread Information