No announcement yet.

Vince carter: "i love toronto to this day"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vince would be a great SF option. He can still score better than DeHopeless when he wants to.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I been hating on Vince since before he quit on the team. Once he quit on them though I'll never stop. I was so sick of the weak D, soft as hell jump shooting game he fell in love with plus all the melodrama everytime someone set a brush screen on him that I couldn't wait for him to go.

Now? Now he has no choice but to play a weak version of an old man game. No speed, no hops and has never learned any tricks. Look how effective Paul Pierce still is. He's never had great athleticism but has always known how to work for his spots. VC still thinks long, off balance fadeaway jumpers = good offence.
      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
        ...Look how effective Paul Pierce still is. He's never had great athleticism but has always known how to work for his spots....
        I remember the year Vince won ROY, Hoops magazine said it should have gone to Pierce. No slam dunk contest, but overall a much better career. Vince stopped being relevant within a couple of years of going to the Nets.

Comment

Vince has the potential to be very relevant tonight in Dallas.

Comment

poll is flawed...

there should be a Jorge Garbajosa option.

i'd still vote for VC... but Garbs is the obvious second place for me

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              Vince Carter needs to fall in a pit and die
              He did, it's called New Jersey.

Comment

Earlier today hoopshype reported he wants to retire a raptor if the oppurtunity presents itself.

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
                  He did, it's called New Jersey.
                  LOL!!!!! Quote of the year

Comment

This is just more evidence of the dreadful excuse for a sports organization that has been in place since the Raps came into existence. Nobody knew then how to run the team and nothing's changed much.

There were breakups that were instigated by the player's arrogance (Shaq in LA) but there are a lot more that happened because the suits had their heads up their arses. This was one of those times.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                      I remember the year Vince won ROY, Hoops magazine said it should have gone to Pierce. No slam dunk contest, but overall a much better career. Vince stopped being relevant within a couple of years of going to the Nets.
                      Paul Pierce was becoming irrelevant the season before they landed Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

I don't believe in hating people and don't hate Vince but he clearly undid every thing he did when he left THAT WAY. I was a huge Vince Carter fan not only for his game but for his loyalty(seemingly). Loyalty IMO needs no reason to change and obviously in his case there were more than one. Did he make Toronto a popular NBA city? Yes. Should he be honoured? No.
                        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

anyone else think he would still be better than the scrubs we have at 3?

Comment

words cant describe how much i hate him...i dont care how long ago this happened..f'in quitter!

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                              anyone else think he would still be better than the scrubs we have at 3?
                              I know he would be.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I remember Vince....I mean Wince being drafted and traded to Toronto. I also remember him working hard when it suited him and not the team. I remember him being a bitch and not dunking. I remember him dragging his ass because we NEEDED him to take it hard to the rim. I remember him dissin Canada basketball saying he wasn't getting the recognition he wanted. I remember Shaq not inviting him to his All-Star party because Wince is a winey bitch that goes down because of a hang nail.

I really remember Wince screwing the Raptors for a whole year+ not playing hard and bitching. Wince got what he deserved. He played for the cameras and a pay check and not for the team.

Now I feel our team is young and the deepest its been since the Oakley days. I don't want Wince back. He would be a plague to our team chemistry we finally are developing.

Alvin Williams is a prime example of a player sacrificing himself for the betterment of the teams. Vince is a prime example of a bitch! See ya Wince... We ain't retiring your jersey!
                                Last edited by PapiJulio; Thu Nov 8, 2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X