ED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ED

has got nice elevation on that jump shot this year. seems to be falling.

Instead of rolling to the basket and banging in the post, which is a lost cause if you ask me , he should work off that jumpshot and become more of a pick and pop player, like bosh. and shitnani.

d'accord? ou non d'accord?

non d'accord, he is our TOP rebounder (last season, and this season) even with limited minutes (almost never eclipses 30 mins). He has some serious hops, has great positioning, good width to his frame (though could always get thicker imo), plays his best on the help defense, and basically should live in the post. Last thing I want is to settle our best rebounder out at midrange.

Since JV is the one who needs to do all the pick & rolls, adding a pick & pop to his repertoire could be key. He has already shown he isnt afraid of shooting the midrange (unlike Ed who hesitates each and every time, though I give you credit, he has been extending better as of late). JV is the man who needs to learn the midrange, I still see him as a top rebounder because of how much movement goes into his plays. He would shoot the ball and with his length and quickness would STILL have the ability to challenge for a rebound. Ed is much slower and less lengthy, and a midrange placement would affect his rebounding skills even more.

I like the idea of JV and ED playing together. If JV learns the fake + drive, the pick and pop, and continues to develop in pick & roll situations, he would compliment ED, a more traditional pivot much better.

As Shaq would say, Ed is an 'oldschool' center, whereas JV much more 'European' in his pick and roll style.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
      As Shaq would say, Ed is an 'oldschool' center, whereas JV much more 'European' in his pick and roll style.
      WTF are you talkin bout willis?

Ed is not an old school centre in anyway shape or form. He doesn't bang, nor does he finish well. He has virtually no moves much less any post moves and I like him! I agree about having him out at midrange being a mistake. He's not a stretch 4 by any means.

As for JV being a euro centre I also don't know what you mean. He plays with his back to the basket, has a jump hook, a lil up n under action and pivots nicely in the post. He sets hard screens and rarely pops, almost always dives toward the rim. These are all old school centre attributes. As he fills out and gets stronger he won't get pushed around as much and be able to better hold his spot. There is very little "euro" in his game other than he's got rock solid fundamentals and isn't 6'11" trying to handle and shoot like a guard.
      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

If you know the reference, Shaq is just referring to pivots, instead of PnR men. Ed is a pivot. Jv is a PnR, SnR, and very rarely gets the ball in strong position for a post up. Jv usually receives the ball at the elbow.

Now I dont agree with Shaq's classification (he said Dwight was not a pivot, but a euro style center), but like its the difference between Pau Gasol, and Tim duncan.

Comment

Also I never said Ed was a GOOD offensive pivot, though he can be a little more refined with his footwork.

Comment

I think Ed would be best served developing his game in the low post. He's just now beginning the process of filling out his body and i already noticably bigger this season from the last. Imo, he should continue to work on his jump hook and add a few other low post moves to his game. He doesn't rung the floor as well as JV nor does he look as explosive as JV when finishing around the rim, so I think keeping JV as the PnR big and Ed as the low post big would be the best thing going forward. If both those guys continue to develop their games together and are still on the team in say 2 - 3 years they could make for a pretty good tandem in the starting line up.

Comment

Working...
            X