No announcement yet.

Great moment in Raptors History: The Layup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mean to pick on the guy but that was brutal. I've been watching it all day laughing uncontrollably in my office. Pretty sure the new assistant thinks I'm insane.

Even still, in Fields' defence, this isn't the worst shot in Raptors history. I'd go with:

1. Chris Childs forgets the score in Game 5.
    2. Araujo's screaming breakaway dunk.
    3. Fields' layup.

Any other contenders?

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
      I don't mean to pick on the guy but that was brutal. I've been watching it all day laughing uncontrollably in my office. Pretty sure the new assistant thinks I'm insane.

Even still, in Fields' defence, this isn't the worst shot in Raptors history. I'd go with:

3. Fields' layup.

Any other contenders?
      Chris Bosh's missed layup for the win

Comment

Fields has been simply wretched. I get that he's supposed to be super 'glue' guy, but he's not even Post-It note strength, let alone Krazy glue. And what exactly does Fields do that Mickael Pietrus can't do for half the price? I guess we have to chalk this up to a BC gambit for Nash that blew up in his face ala Wile. E. Coyote.

Comment

Comment

Fields for VC.. make it happen BC... as a fan id let VC off the hook if we can dump Fields & his contract ASAP!!!!!

Comment

He couldn't even handle the Jose pass from 9.5 inches away today.

Whenever Landry Fields frustrates you, just remember that he makes $550,000 every 2 weeks all season.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

3. Fields' layup.

Any other contenders?
                It's more of a play than a shot, but Will Soloman's drive into the lane, see Dwight Howard, shit himself, jump in the air, realize a teammate is nowhere to be seen, and pass the ball out of bounds, is pure comedic gold!

Comment

It's still early. Fields probably still has some nerves (new team, expectations, that huge salary). I would hope by mid season he has most of this worked out, we'll just have to wait - we have no choice HAHAH
                  in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

The fast-break Dunk/Layup that he bobbled last night was almost worse than the one this thread is about!

Comment

koncept wrote: View Post
                      It's still early. Fields probably still has some nerves (new team, expectations, that huge salary). I would hope by mid season he has most of this worked out, we'll just have to wait - we have no choice HAHAH
                      If he takes until mid-season to figure out how to put the ball in the hoop, we're in deep trouble. I give him until next week.

Comment

bumbling play sure, but you could make a longer youtube of Bargs hitting front iron or airballing.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Hoffa losing jump ball to Nate Robinson

How about Hoffa losing the jump ball to Nate Robinson.

Comment

So much negativity on the fan's own team. There's a reason why fans are getting called out as well, our fan base is very impatient and not very 'fan-like.'

*sigh* It is what it is.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Part 2:

TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                So much negativity on the fan's own team. There's a reason why fans are getting called out as well, our fan base is very impatient and not very 'fan-like.'

*sigh* It is what it is.
                                On the contrary. I think the fans have been extremely patient. It's been 17 years and we have nothing to show for it. Just think about that time span for a second. A kid could be born, and finish high school before he gets to see a deep Raptors playoff run.

I can't blame the fanbase for running out of patience. MLSE should be thanking their lucky stars they still have a fanbase to sell tickets to.

Even if we look at the "neo" raptors in the Colangelo era, all we've got is 3 playoffs wins to brag about. It's been an incomprehensible run of awful basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X