Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAM MITCHELL: "Vince Carter didn't want to get traded (the day before he was dealt)"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAM MITCHELL: "Vince Carter didn't want to get traded (the day before he was dealt)"

http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_deman...-Interview.mp3

So the saga continues ^ mannn Tim & Sid are pulling some remarkable quotes out of VC and Sam Mitchell about what ACTUALLY went down the year VC got traded. According to Mitchell, Rob Babcock traded VC even though there was room for reconciliation. Carter went as far as telling Mitchell, "I want to stay here, I see what you're building, and I like it." THE DAY BEFORE HE WAS TRADED!!! Mitchell says "I told Rob Babcok, but he said he had a deal on the table... (in retrospect) I should have went straight to Larry Tanenbaum and I should have implored Vince to speak with Larry Tanenbaum as well..."

Unbelieveable.

Mitchell: "I just think what happened with Vince, like a lot of guys, his feelings got hurt... and I think at the end of the day, if we could have got in a room, and apologies would have been extended to Vince, I think all of this, we could have got past."

Are you FREAKING kidding me ROB friggen Babcock! How is story just being told NOW?!!!!

Unreal...

Mitchell (on what would have happened if he wasn't traded): "Think about this... with Chris Bosh turning into what he turned into, Vince Carter still at the top of his game, we add another piece or two, we could have still been playing. Think about how good we would have been, we would have had one of the best power forwards, one of the best 2-guards, so we would have had two legit-superstars on our team. We may not have won a championship, but we might, could have got to a Finals."

Wow. Man, every Raptors fan should listen to this interview. Such crazy mismanagement by Rob Babcock. Even if Vince had half a foot out the door, something could have been done to fix things if it was handled right. Mitchell definitely believes that.

CONFIRMATION FROM ROB BABCOCK ^ regarding Mitchell's statements.
    Rob Babcock
    35.48%
    Vince Carter
    64.52%
    Sam Mitchell
    0.00%
    Last edited by bhattmagandhi; Wed Nov 7, 2012, 07:45 PM.
    "Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's true about the game, and in some ways about life too." ~ Michael Jordan
    ------------------------------------------
    "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~ Dale Carnegie

Ugh....knowing Vince's (lack of) work ethic, he would've just got fat and lazy in a Raptors uniform.

And even if he wasn't traded, we'd probably still be looking back thinking, "remember when Vince was good for 2 years"?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Ugh....knowing Vince's (lack of) work ethic, he would've just got fat and lazy in a Raptors uniform.

And even if he wasn't traded, we'd probably still be looking back thinking, "remember when Vince was good for 2 years"?
      It's not like Vince fell off the map right after being traded. We would've had a few good years and possible contenders. Interesting though.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
        It's not like Vince fell off the map right after being traded. We would've had a few good years and possible contenders. Interesting though.
        I know....but this is just my way of making myself feel better.....

Comment

I think it was Vince quitting on the team that got him out the door. They should have gave his mom a parking spot!!!!!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I know....but this is just my way of making myself feel better.....
            I don't even want to feel better about this... I was mad at VC for YEARS with what happened, but to now know Rob Babcock COULD HAVE potentially done something to fix it, and change the fate of the Raptors organization forever, just by extending a few apologies and making Vince feel like the king of the castle, I mean if that's all it would have took... I would have done that times 10!! Mitchell clearly thinks Babcock fucked the whole VC thing up, big time.
            "Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's true about the game, and in some ways about life too." ~ Michael Jordan
            "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~ Dale Carnegie

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
              I think it was Vince quitting on the team that got him out the door. They should have gave his mom a parking spot!!!!!
              He did quit on the team. But the organization eventually quit on him too. Big mistake, especially in this business when you have a franchise player. And even though he wasn't the best sport, he was still the only legit franchise player we've had.

Comment

Like Jalen Rose said, why are you treating the superstar like this?! Thats what the other 14 scrubs are for.

Comment

The Williams brothers was apparently too good an offer to refuse :|

Comment

did the interview change your opinion of babcock?

not for me.... i already thought he was a blithering idiot

VC had to go... he already gave up on the team... him crying to mitchell is akin to me telling my ex-girlfriend that we should work things out after i already got caught with my dick out cheating on her..

this doesn't outweigh the babcock blunders of the returns on the VC trade and the Araujo pick

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                      did the interview change your opinion of babcock?

not for me.... i already thought he was a blithering idiot

VC had to go... he already gave up on the team... him crying to mitchell is akin to me telling my ex-girlfriend that we should work things out after i already got caught with my dick out cheating on her..

this doesn't outweigh the babcock blunders of the returns on the VC trade and the Araujo pick
                      Bingo!

The team should have apologized to him for what?????? Not kissing his ass every time he acted the spoiled brat not getting his way? pfffffffffffffft, Babcock was an idiot for doing the deal he did, but the great wasted talent had to go. I can't believe Sam is spouting this. My view of him just dropped a few notches.

Comment

Interesting for sure. Vince was ridiculously immature and had character issues but his talent was undeniable. Babcock should have sat down with Vince after hearing that from Sam...

Comment

bhattmagandhi wrote: View Post

So the saga continues ^ mannn Tim & Sid are pulling some remarkable quotes out of VC and Sam Mitchell about what ACTUALLY went down the year VC got traded. According to Mitchell, Rob Babcock traded VC even though there was room for reconciliation. Carter went as far as telling Mitchell, "I want to stay here, I see what you're building, and I like it." THE DAY BEFORE HE WAS TRADED!!! Mitchell says "I told Rob Babcok, but he said he had a deal on the table... (in retrospect) I should have went straight to Larry Tanenbaum and I should have implored Vince to speak with Larry Tanenbaum as well..."

Unbelieveable.

Mitchell: "I just think what happened with Vince, like a lot of guys, his feelings got hurt... and I think at the end of the day, if we could have got in a room, and apologies would have been extended to Vince, I think all of this, we could have got past."

Are you FREAKING kidding me ROB friggen Babcock! How is story just being told NOW?!!!!

Unreal...

Mitchell (on what would have happened if he wasn't traded): "Think about this... with Chris Bosh turning into what he turned into, Vince Carter still at the top of his game, we add another piece or two, we could have still been playing. Think about how good we would have been, we would have had one of the best power forwards, one of the best 2-guards, so we would have had two legit-superstars on our team. We may not have won a championship, but we might, could have got to a Finals."

Wow. Man, every Raptors fan should listen to this interview. Such crazy mismanagement by Rob Babcock. Even if Vince had half a foot out the door, something could have been done to fix things if it was handled right. Mitchell definitely believes that.
                          that my friend is fuggin preposterous, fabricated, completely unbelievable.

if he truly wanted to play here why did he go from averaging 5 ppg to 20 after the trade?

if you were a fan of the team at the time you'd realize......not that I myself had THAT much insight at the time as I was still in middle school and not the basketball fan I am today....

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                            that my friend is fuggin preposterous, fabricated, completely unbelievable.

if he truly wanted to play here why did he go from averaging 5 ppg to 20 after the trade?

if you were a fan of the team at the time you'd realize......not that I myself had THAT much insight at the time as I was still in middle school and not the basketball fan I am today....
                            Dude, what are you talking about?

I've been a Raptors fan since the franchise began. I remember watching Alvin Robertson's first bucket (first Raptor to score a point in franchise history). I was a fan then, and i'm a fan now. It's not unbelievable when it's coming from a primary source: namely, the HEAD COACH at the time the trade happened. He's the one letting us in on what happened and on what he said. So unless you think Mitchell is making this up for no good reason, that's what happened.

And Rob Babcock confirmed it.
                            Last edited by bhattmagandhi; Wed Nov 7, 2012, 07:46 PM.

Comment

bhattmagandhi wrote: View Post

Unbelieveable.

Unreal...

Vince Carter could have said anything he wanted to, but it was too late. One can complain about the package Babcock got for Vince, but NOT for trading him. Vince had spent too long doing too little and saying too much to salvage anything from the situation.

Out of curiousity, where has all this Toronto love for Vince come from over the last year? The guy is the epitome of everything wrong with players in this game. The guy doesn't deserves any respect for his actions or lack there of.
                              Last edited by Craiger; Wed Nov 7, 2012, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X