Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: J Smoove up in this B****!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default J Smoove up in this B****!

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bcs7q4l

    IMO Bargnani is not going to do well in this fast paced offense we're trying to implement. On top of that his defense is back to its horrible ways, not rotating, being a lazy POS!

    J Smoove is just the man we need. Electric 4 man who can play some 3 in bigger lineups. Runs the floor like a boss, Defends, blocks the shit out of guys, nice offensive game with a decent mid range shot. Oh and he posterized the shit out of ibaka:


    In this trade we get rid of primo pasta and LK for J Smoove. We could also throw in a 2nd round pick to sweeten things up a bit.

    Kyle Lowry
    DeMar DeRozan
    Fields
    J Smoove
    J Val

    now thats a really nice lineup right there!

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,035
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    wouldnt you rather move him to SF?

    Lowry
    Derozan
    Josh Smith
    Davis
    Val

    Though, we are seriously lacking in outside shooting with this lineup

  3. #3
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    wouldnt you rather move him to SF?

    Lowry
    Derozan
    Josh Smith
    Davis
    Val

    Though, we are seriously lacking in outside shooting with this lineup
    Defensively we aren't lacking with that lineup.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    IF Smith decides to leave Atlanta, they(Hawks) would ask for at least one 1st rounder and expect us to take back more salary if they agree to take Bargs. and Klieza. However I agree that Bargs. is the guy they'd want. Again 'IF' he decides to leave Atlanta.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think Bargs, Kleiza, and a 2d rounder will do it. But if bargs magically starts playing like he was in 13 games last season i might reconsider this trade request. I do really like J Smoove tho, he would give us a huge lift

  6. #6
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I think Bargs, Kleiza, and a 2d rounder will do it. But if bargs magically starts playing like he was in 13 games last season i might reconsider this trade request. I do really like J Smoove tho, he would give us a huge lift
    Josh Smith for Andrea Bargnani + Kleiza (amnesty clause Summer of 2013) + 4 second rounders. Could also try to include another asset like Fields/Anderson for another wing from Atlanta.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,017
    Post Thanks / Like

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    how bout paul millsap for bargs straight up? we'll have to convince his ass to resign tho. And BC will probably give him some insane contract

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    how bout paul millsap for bargs straight up? we'll have to convince his ass to resign tho. And BC will probably give him some insane contract
    This is a good trade idea and as you say Millsap will have to be convinced to re-sign. Utah, for sacrificing flexibility, may ask for a pick or two as well.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    This is a good trade idea and as you say Millsap will have to be convinced to re-sign. Utah, for sacrificing flexibility, may ask for a pick or two as well.
    throw in a second rounder

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't see the point. Why Jazz would do it? Why would we do it

  12. #12
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    I don't see the point. Why Jazz would do it? Why would we do it
    I kind of agree with this. Both teams don't have sure fire positives. Bargnani wouldn't work in Utah.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    I don't see the point. Why Jazz would do it? Why would we do it
    Millsap's contract expires at the end of the season. I could be wrong but it seems like he is not going to remain in Utah 'cause no contract extn. has been signed. If he's leaving, Jazz will not lose him for nothing. Trading him for a 26 yr. old shooting PF and a future protected 1st rounder is an appealing proposition.

    Raps. on the other hand suddenly find their leading scorer struggle to adapt to the fast paced style of their new PG and decide to trade for a rebounding specialist who can play decent offence as well. Plus the opportunity to lock him up for the next few yrs. makes the decision an easy one.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That being said we should instead try to do it for Josh Smith.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    That being said we should instead try to do it for Josh Smith.

    Josh Smith would be good too, if not better. Only, chances of him re-signing with Atlanta are pretty good. Just seems like that after Ferry made all those moves in the off-season but did not trade Smith.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah but just like Millsap he didnt sign any extension

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Yeah but just like Millsap he didnt sign any extension
    Different situations. One is a rebuilding team and the other isn't. In Atlanta's case there clearly were signs of rebuilding in the off-season, yet Smith was not traded. This could mean that that Ferry's plan is to rebuild with Smith as a core piece. Again, could be. With Utah though, it makes sense to wait and watch until maybe the trade deadline as there are uncertainties. I mean depending on how things go it maybe Millsap, maybe Jefferson or maybe someone else.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Rookie phillythekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bargs + Jose for Smith + Harris

    PLEASSEEE BC, this will erase any wrongs you have have committed in the past!! Even if you have to thrown in Davis for a second rounder...get it done

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote phillythekid wrote: View Post
    Bargs + Jose for Smith + Harris

    PLEASSEEE BC, this will erase any wrongs you have have committed in the past!! Even if you have to thrown in Davis for a second rounder...get it done
    +1

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote phillythekid wrote: View Post
    Bargs + Jose for Smith + Harris

    PLEASSEEE BC, this will erase any wrongs you have have committed in the past!! Even if you have to thrown in Davis for a second rounder...get it done
    Superb trade idea. Realistic, fair and if Atlanta and Smith don't come to terms, definitely possible. Add Davis for no 2 nd rounder-still fair.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •