Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should Kleiza Take Anderson's Minutes When He Returns?

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Should Kleiza Take Anderson's Minutes When He Returns?

So Keiza is out with a personal issue (anyone hear anything else about this?) and Anderson has taken a lot of the SF backup minutes. I really do like Anderson, he does take some bad shots once in a while but overall he's a smart tough player. But man I think this team might need some Kleizerbeam right now. They just seem really nice right now and he could really help give the bench some scoring punch when he's on.

So who should get the minutes?
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

are u kidding? anderson should have more minutes he can have fields tho

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote d749 wrote: View Post
    are u kidding? anderson should have more minutes he can have fields tho
    +1

The way Anderson is playing you don't punish him by playing him less and risk regression. He's been one of the few bright spots on this team thus far. Currently he's our 6th man and much needed offense and energy coming off the bench. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Currently he's our 6th man and much needed offense and energy coming off the bench. Don't fix what ain't broke.
    But what if you can improve upon what is not broken?

Kleiza, in my opinion, is an upgrade over Anderson. Period.
    AA is a great story, and solid role player; but if he is our Best Substitute, and thus our 6th man, and is shooting 31% from 3, and has barely registered a stat besides points in the last two games, it leads to me think that just because it may not be broken, doesn't mean it can't use a little grease.
    In Masai we Trust.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

AA is a great story, and solid role player; but if he is our Best Substitute, and thus our 6th man, and is shooting 31% from 3, and has barely registered a stat besides points in the last two games, it leads to me think that just because it may not be broken, doesn't mean it can't use a little grease.
    That's the gamble you take then. I'm just not sold on Linas period. Injuries aside, he too has been a disappointment since coming to Toronto. He's not the same player then when he plays for Lithuanian. Like I said on Twitter this morning, it has to be a confidence thing. When he knows he's the best on his team (ala national team) he plays like the best. Here in the Toronto, its a different story. Frustrating that he can't be more consistent.

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed you always have to improve what you can even if it's a strength. IMO the wing position is definitely broken outside of Demar.

Jose and Amir would be much better 6th men then AA and Ross to me has to be the first wing off the bench.

Avatar is amazing by the way lol

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly what i was going to say! I swear Joey, you and me were probably brothers in a past life, hehehe

I give AA props for coming in and providing scoring but if the Raptors plan to kick it with the best in the Eastern conference then no way should AA be playing more than 5 mins on a regular game, unless its a blowout, let alone being the 6th man. I'd definitely take Kleiza over him just for the sake of the argument of this thread, but none is actually deserving to play heavy minutes on any NBA team.

BC needs to clean house on that SF position and do whatever he can to give that spot a lift.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    Exactly what i was going to say! I swear Joey, you and me were probably brothers in a past life, hehehe

I give AA props for coming in and providing scoring but if the Raptors plan to kick it with the best in the Eastern conference then no way should AA be playing more than 5 mins on a regular game, unless its a blowout, let alone being the 6th man. I'd definitely take Kleiza over him just for the sake of the argument of this thread, but none is actually deserving to play heavy minutes on any NBA team.

BC needs to clean house on that SF position and do whatever he can to give that spot a lift.
    Ain't no one taking Fields or Kleiza's contract now. Might as well get used to what we got for a while!
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    So Keiza is out with a personal issue (anyone hear anything else about this?) and Anderson has taken a lot of the SF backup minutes. I really do like Anderson, he does take some bad shots once in a while but overall he's a smart tough player. But man I think this team might need some Kleizerbeam right now. They just seem really nice right now and he could really help give the bench some scoring punch when he's on.

So who should get the minutes?
    Lateral movement at best - I would argue that AA is a much better defender and shooter from range. Kleiza is more creative at getting his own shot with a nice repertoire of moves inside of 15 ft.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see both of them, instead of playing Jose or Lucas at the 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    I'd like to see both of them, instead of playing Jose or Lucas at the 2
    Yeah true Anderson could definitely play the 2.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

back in Lithuania there are a lot of rumours of why Kleiza is not playing. the main one is - his girlfriend is pregnant and there was some medical complication. however, this is not comfirmed
    Last edited by Skaloon; Thu Nov 8th, 2012 at 12:03 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Skaloon wrote: View Post
    back in Lithuania there are a lot of rumours of way Kleiza is not playing. the main one is - his girlfriend is pregnant and there was some medical complication. however, this is not comfirmed
    oh shit, that's terrible. Best of wishes to him and his lady.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kleiza needs to come in a drain some triples. He needs to solve this family issue and come back, we need you Kleiza!

Raptors Republic Starter Fuchan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope everything works out for him and his family. Start him over fields, at least he remembers how to put the ball in the basket

Raptors Republic Rookie alexaussie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he definitely needs to eat into Landry's minutes when he comes back. If he goes anywhere near recapturing his Olympic form, that's gonna help us out.
    Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

@alexhaggispinch

Toronto Raptors
    Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
    Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A week ago everyone was ready to drop Kleiza all together. What with Fields our new starter putting up 16 a game and...yeah.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    A week ago everyone was ready to drop Kleiza all together. What with Fields our new starter putting up 16 a game and...yeah.
    Don't act like you saw this coming, cause you didn't bro. No one could have predicting Landry Fields playing this bad

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Don't act like you saw this coming, cause you didn't bro. No one could have predicting Landry Fields playing this bad
    It's not possible for Fields to keep up this level of poor play.

There's literally nowhere to go but up.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    It's not possible for Fields to keep up this level of poor play.

There's literally nowhere to go but up.
    hahaha i actually laughed at this.

I agree, he cant be this atrocious.
    Something might be bothering him. GF dumped him? Injury? somebody sick in the family?
    There has to be a reason!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information