Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should Kleiza Take Anderson's Minutes When He Returns?

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Should Kleiza Take Anderson's Minutes When He Returns?

So Keiza is out with a personal issue (anyone hear anything else about this?) and Anderson has taken a lot of the SF backup minutes. I really do like Anderson, he does take some bad shots once in a while but overall he's a smart tough player. But man I think this team might need some Kleizerbeam right now. They just seem really nice right now and he could really help give the bench some scoring punch when he's on.

So who should get the minutes?
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

are u kidding? anderson should have more minutes he can have fields tho

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    So Keiza is out with a personal issue (anyone hear anything else about this?) and Anderson has taken a lot of the SF backup minutes. I really do like Anderson, he does take some bad shots once in a while but overall he's a smart tough player. But man I think this team might need some Kleizerbeam right now. They just seem really nice right now and he could really help give the bench some scoring punch when he's on.

So who should get the minutes?
    Lateral movement at best - I would argue that AA is a much better defender and shooter from range. Kleiza is more creative at getting his own shot with a nice repertoire of moves inside of 15 ft.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see both of them, instead of playing Jose or Lucas at the 2

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    I'd like to see both of them, instead of playing Jose or Lucas at the 2
    Yeah true Anderson could definitely play the 2.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote d749 wrote: View Post
    are u kidding? anderson should have more minutes he can have fields tho
    +1

The way Anderson is playing you don't punish him by playing him less and risk regression. He's been one of the few bright spots on this team thus far. Currently he's our 6th man and much needed offense and energy coming off the bench. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

back in Lithuania there are a lot of rumours of why Kleiza is not playing. the main one is - his girlfriend is pregnant and there was some medical complication. however, this is not comfirmed
    Last edited by Skaloon; Thu Nov 8th, 2012 at 12:03 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Skaloon wrote: View Post
    back in Lithuania there are a lot of rumours of way Kleiza is not playing. the main one is - his girlfriend is pregnant and there was some medical complication. however, this is not comfirmed
    oh shit, that's terrible. Best of wishes to him and his lady.
    "Analytics has a place. It can’t be the be all end all. I’m still trying to figure out when the Oakland Athletics won a championship with all the analytics they have."
    —Coach Hollins, who is a better basketball mind than you are.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kleiza needs to come in a drain some triples. He needs to solve this family issue and come back, we need you Kleiza!

Raptors Republic Starter Fuchan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope everything works out for him and his family. Start him over fields, at least he remembers how to put the ball in the basket

Raptors Republic Rookie alexaussie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he definitely needs to eat into Landry's minutes when he comes back. If he goes anywhere near recapturing his Olympic form, that's gonna help us out.
    Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

@alexhaggispinch

Toronto Raptors
    Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
    Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A week ago everyone was ready to drop Kleiza all together. What with Fields our new starter putting up 16 a game and...yeah.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    A week ago everyone was ready to drop Kleiza all together. What with Fields our new starter putting up 16 a game and...yeah.
    Don't act like you saw this coming, cause you didn't bro. No one could have predicting Landry Fields playing this bad

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone before the season starting, was taking about how much Kleiza doesn't fit puzzle (including myself), as of right now, he looks like he would be a key piece.

Kleiza isn't a wing runner, but is a very good wing 'trailer'. Kleiza can create shots, and hit shots from anywhere on the floor. He's tough, can rebound, and post up. Doesn't have great lateral quickness, thus resulting in below average perimeter defense, but he is no Bargnani defensively.

Kleiza's fitness will be an issue not being with the team in the past week, but seeing him fit into the lineup:

Lowry, Derozan, Kleiza, Bargnani, Valanciunas. Those bad offensive starts aren't going to be much of a problem, and defensively a guy like Kleiza's toughness can really make a guy think twice.

I'm a huge Anderson fan, but man he's going out of his boundaries recently. Taking shot after shot..

Ross needs to get some more damn run. The guy will hit open shots. At this moment as a rookie, his job is to be a 3-and-D guy.

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kleiza would be welcomed back with open arms
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

NEVER FORGET... NUMERO OCHO 👌 #saluteJose

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Kleiza can shoot above 35%, he can play all 48 minutes at SF from now on.

Seriously, Anderson is shooting a blistering 31% from the field and for the life of me is taking 7 shots per game. This needs to stop. Fields is only shooting 21% but at least he's only taking 5 shots per game.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Don't act like you saw this coming, cause you didn't bro. No one could have predicting Landry Fields playing this bad
    It's not possible for Fields to keep up this level of poor play.

There's literally nowhere to go but up.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    It's not possible for Fields to keep up this level of poor play.

There's literally nowhere to go but up.
    hahaha i actually laughed at this.

I agree, he cant be this atrocious.
    Something might be bothering him. GF dumped him? Injury? somebody sick in the family?
    There has to be a reason!!!!

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Ebrian for point out his FG%. I dont want anything to do with Anderson being our 6th man or someone we're going to rely on for consistant points night in and night out. I'd much rather see the minutes go to Ross as he needs time to showcase what he can do. We need a threat from outside and someone to hit open shots and Ross can fill that role just as good as AA. Alan is a scrapy player and his grit is needed on the team but more so in practices, blow outs or if there is an injury. Nice 3rd shooting guard to have on the roster but dont want to see him logging a ton of minutes. DD, Fields, Ross, Kleiza, McGuire then Anderson in my depth chart for the wing and absolutely no more JL3 and Jose on the floor together anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Currently he's our 6th man and much needed offense and energy coming off the bench. Don't fix what ain't broke.
    But what if you can improve upon what is not broken?

Kleiza, in my opinion, is an upgrade over Anderson. Period.
    AA is a great story, and solid role player; but if he is our Best Substitute, and thus our 6th man, and is shooting 31% from 3, and has barely registered a stat besides points in the last two games, it leads to me think that just because it may not be broken, doesn't mean it can't use a little grease.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Thread Information