Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Time to hit the 'Panic' button?

Raptors Republic Starter Fuchan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why we would panic, we're supposed to suck, and more than likely we will

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    that would be funny LOL has any player in history been the franchise guy for title winning teams in 3 diff. NBA cities???
    Big Shot Bob aka Robert Horry!!

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Big Shot Bob aka Robert Horry!!
    i ment the franchise guy.. Robert Horry was a good player with very clutch shots but he did ride the coat tails of some elite players aka Kobe/Shaq/Duncan/Parker the list goes on..

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

not sure its time for the panic button...but id like to hit the eject button on a couple of our guys LOL
    LOL - for real!

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is everybody THIS hard on Bargs? Like he didn't have the best game on the team last night....at least he's able to score 15 every single night, we only have 2 other guys capable of that, and you need at least 3. If we just ship Bargs off because off his "lazy" play or whatever, hope we enjoy going back to scoring less than 90 a night.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i ment the franchise guy.. Robert Horry was a good player with very clutch shots but he did ride the coat tails of some elite players aka Kobe/Shaq/Duncan/Parker the list goes on..
    At the same time, without guys like Horry, none of those guys would have chips.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Panic? If you put enough fuel in your plane and plan to fly to New York, would you panic when you realize you don't have enough fuel to get you to Vegas? How can you panic about us being exactly where we're supposed to be instead of somewhere we're not? We are at best case, a .500 team. That would be a huge improvement. Who would have put money on us being something more than 1-4 given our first five opponents? Wait til we have played 5 each of the top ten, middle ten and bottom ten teams. Take those 15 games and if we win 7 or 8, don't panic, celebrate.
    I just heard the Hoops radio usual suspects saying that it was time to mix up e starting lineups given our poor starts. Good luck, but that is not the answer. I love them but we have an ok team. Our best player would not be the best player on any other team. Most of our starters would be challenged for starting spots on many other teams. We fall behind in the first quarter because we are not as good as the other team. We play better later on because the other team begins to let up and our subs are pretty good (compared to other subs, not starters). Changing the starters will not likely change that. We're not that good. But we're getting better. That's why it's not time to panic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Panic? If you put enough fuel in your plane and plan to fly to New York, would you panic when you realize you don't have enough fuel to get you to Vegas? How can you panic about us being exactly where we're supposed to be instead of somewhere we're not? We are at best case, a .500 team. That would be a huge improvement. Who would have put money on us being something more than 1-4 given our first five opponents? Wait til we have played 5 each of the top ten, middle ten and bottom ten teams. Take those 15 games and if we win 7 or 8, don't panic, celebrate.
    I just heard the Hoops radio usual suspects saying that it was time to mix up e starting lineups given our poor starts. Good luck, but that is not the answer. I love them but we have an ok team. Our best player would not be the best player on any other team. Most of our starters would be challenged for starting spots on many other teams. We fall behind in the first quarter because we are not as good as the other team. We play better later on because the other team begins to let up and our subs are pretty good (compared to other subs, not starters). Changing the starters will not likely change that. We're not that good. But we're getting better. That's why it's not time to panic.
    This is very true, we've won and lost every game expected so far. With that said, I think we should definitely beat a Bynum-less Philly squad at home, so we'll see after that game. Have no fear people, the schedule is tough for like the entire first half, so don't be surprised if we finish the first 41 with like 15 wins and still finish the season with 38-40 wins.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote nopropsneeded wrote: View Post
    "well we won one here, let head over to toronto and then cleveland!" lol
    lol!!!!

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not ready to hit the panic button on the season, but for Fields and the defence without Lowry? Panic away.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The season just started and 3 out of the 4 losses they endured were very competitive as well as they are just 1.5 games from a playoffs spot.

No panic yet but if they don't improve in the next 10 games then it maybe time to make some radical changes.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The Mavs aren't "pathetic" by any means. Sample size is too small for doom-and-gloom, but on the other hand, what in the hell do you expect when Lowry is the closest thing to a really good player on this roster?

Post Thanks / Like

No need to panic yet. I love the raps but we're honestly not that good compared to other playoff teams. That, and we're getting nothing out of the 3 spot. Kleiza needs to come back with a vengeance or else we'll be stuck with Fields and his no-shot-hittin-mangina killin us every night. Bargs seems lost, what with the recent emergence or Lowry and Derozan and legitimate scoring threats and having the ball more in their hands. He needs to man up, but if history is any indication, we'll be waiting a while.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not that they're forgetting defense, it's just that they have Bargnani, Fields and Derozan on the court together to start. It didn't help that Jose started with them last game too. I don't think even Thibs would get this line-up to play top 10 defensively.

We have to understand that last year, the pace was very slow, teams were tanking & Bargnani was out of the line-up for majority of the season. Ed and Amir together make a better defensive line-up than one featuring Bargnani.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    At the same time, without guys like Horry, none of those guys would have chips.
    A better perspective on guys like Robert Horry is that without franchise guys like Kobe/Shaq/Duncan/Parker, guys like Horry might go through an entire 16-year career without ever playing a single meaningful NBA game.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Why is everybody THIS hard on Bargs? Like he didn't have the best game on the team last night....at least he's able to score 15 every single night, we only have 2 other guys capable of that, and you need at least 3. If we just ship Bargs off because off his "lazy" play or whatever, hope we enjoy going back to scoring less than 90 a night.
    I'm sure 99% of the league could score 15 points on 15 attempts. The only guys who couldn't would be Reggie Evans and DeAndre Jordan (EDIT): and Landry Fields.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Nov 9th, 2012 at 09:46 AM.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Rookie footarez's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on now - DeAndre has a real shot of scoring 15 even if he just throws around dunk attempts. Imagine a dunk attempt from outside the paint. Yes - at least 30 % of those should go in > than Fields

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dre hasn't played nearly as bad as it's being made out to be. The guy has missed a ton of wide open looks that he normally would hit. Once his confidence is back (seems like it in the second half of Dallas game) he'll be alright. He's never gonna be a work horse out there gobbling up rebounds and playing stellar D but he's a player that can mesh well with JV, Lowry, Demar and a defensive wing (hopefully Fields can be that guy). Lowry and Jose are polar opposites offensively so give him some time to figure things out with Lowry and please no more talk about him coming off the bench.

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm sure 99% of the league could score 15 points on 15 attempts. The only guys who couldn't would be Reggie Evans and DeAndre Jordan (EDIT): and Landry Fields.
    The edit took the humor of this to a whole different level. If dont on purpose well done! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Can 99% of the league score 15 every single night? No. In fact, nobody can on the Raptors except Lowry, Derozan and Andrea.

Thread Information