Time to hit the 'Panic' button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    Don't even joke about that stuff. You know it's coming....
    let me guess rupaul's coming back & bringing LBJ with LOL thats a pipe dream id like to smoke LOL

thts about the only way id accept Bosh back here !!!!

LBJ: Im bringin my talents to Hogtown! doesnt exactly have the same ring to it LOL
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Thu Nov 8, 2012, 06:34 PM.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
      let me guess rupaul's coming back & bringing LBJ with LOL thats a pipe dream id like to smoke LOL

thts about the only way id accept Bosh back here !!!!
      "Well we won one here, let head over to Toronto and then Cleveland!" lol

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        "Well we won one here, let head over to Toronto and then Cleveland!" lol
        that would be funny LOL has any player in history been the franchise guy for title winning teams in 3 diff. NBA cities???

Comment

Definitly not time to hit the panic button.
          But as many people have eluded to already there are many glaring issues Casey and Co. need to address.
          Through the first 5 games, I understand their defense has been an obvious issue, but specifically over the past 2 games their offense has been extremely hard to watch. All they (ie. JL3, Calderon, Bargs) seem to do is dribble around the perimeter aimlessly, and jack up 3's. At best, they try to pick and roll with little success (I think alot of NBA teams are figuring out how to easily defend the old pick and roll). On offense, they seem lost, hesitant, timid, and easily intimidated. During half time last night (Dallas) Casey was asked to address the teams lack of offense and all he could muster up was "we need to pop out more often and work the pick and roll with bargnani better". My mother could have given a better response than that. I feel most comfortable when the ball is in DD's hands. To some it up, I feel like they are developing some very worrisome habbits, but it is way to early to hit the panic button. This thread should be reposted at the 30 game mark.

Comment

You raptor fans are interesting. Ask yourself if this team minus Lowry was a playoff team, then ask yourself what the expectations were after adding a player like him were. It skyrocketed from possibly top 4 worst team in the NBA to making the playoffs. At best this team was 35-41 wins and IF Bargnani played the way he played prior to his injury, IF Derozan became a high level scorer, IF the defense takes a step forward and IF Lowry was the playmaker they desperately needed. Lots of ifs, one is bound not to happen and hammer us into the lottery. We aren't Atlanta circa 2009 throwing out 4 potential All stars on the court, we got 1 all-star and 4 bench guys, please lower the expectations for this squad.

Comment

I don't know why we would panic, we're supposed to suck, and more than likely we will

Comment

that would be funny LOL has any player in history been the franchise guy for title winning teams in 3 diff. NBA cities???
                Big Shot Bob aka Robert Horry!!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                  Big Shot Bob aka Robert Horry!!
                  i ment the franchise guy.. Robert Horry was a good player with very clutch shots but he did ride the coat tails of some elite players aka Kobe/Shaq/Duncan/Parker the list goes on..

Comment

not sure its time for the panic button...but id like to hit the eject button on a couple of our guys LOL
                    LOL - for real!

Comment

Why is everybody THIS hard on Bargs? Like he didn't have the best game on the team last night....at least he's able to score 15 every single night, we only have 2 other guys capable of that, and you need at least 3. If we just ship Bargs off because off his "lazy" play or whatever, hope we enjoy going back to scoring less than 90 a night.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

i ment the franchise guy.. Robert Horry was a good player with very clutch shots but he did ride the coat tails of some elite players aka Kobe/Shaq/Duncan/Parker the list goes on..
                        At the same time, without guys like Horry, none of those guys would have chips.

Comment

Panic? If you put enough fuel in your plane and plan to fly to New York, would you panic when you realize you don't have enough fuel to get you to Vegas? How can you panic about us being exactly where we're supposed to be instead of somewhere we're not? We are at best case, a .500 team. That would be a huge improvement. Who would have put money on us being something more than 1-4 given our first five opponents? Wait til we have played 5 each of the top ten, middle ten and bottom ten teams. Take those 15 games and if we win 7 or 8, don't panic, celebrate.
                          I just heard the Hoops radio usual suspects saying that it was time to mix up e starting lineups given our poor starts. Good luck, but that is not the answer. I love them but we have an ok team. Our best player would not be the best player on any other team. Most of our starters would be challenged for starting spots on many other teams. We fall behind in the first quarter because we are not as good as the other team. We play better later on because the other team begins to let up and our subs are pretty good (compared to other subs, not starters). Changing the starters will not likely change that. We're not that good. But we're getting better. That's why it's not time to panic.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            Panic? If you put enough fuel in your plane and plan to fly to New York, would you panic when you realize you don't have enough fuel to get you to Vegas? How can you panic about us being exactly where we're supposed to be instead of somewhere we're not? We are at best case, a .500 team. That would be a huge improvement. Who would have put money on us being something more than 1-4 given our first five opponents? Wait til we have played 5 each of the top ten, middle ten and bottom ten teams. Take those 15 games and if we win 7 or 8, don't panic, celebrate.
                            I just heard the Hoops radio usual suspects saying that it was time to mix up e starting lineups given our poor starts. Good luck, but that is not the answer. I love them but we have an ok team. Our best player would not be the best player on any other team. Most of our starters would be challenged for starting spots on many other teams. We fall behind in the first quarter because we are not as good as the other team. We play better later on because the other team begins to let up and our subs are pretty good (compared to other subs, not starters). Changing the starters will not likely change that. We're not that good. But we're getting better. That's why it's not time to panic.
                            This is very true, we've won and lost every game expected so far. With that said, I think we should definitely beat a Bynum-less Philly squad at home, so we'll see after that game. Have no fear people, the schedule is tough for like the entire first half, so don't be surprised if we finish the first 41 with like 15 wins and still finish the season with 38-40 wins.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

nopropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              "well we won one here, let head over to toronto and then cleveland!" lol
                              lol!!!!
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I am not ready to hit the panic button on the season, but for Fields and the defence without Lowry? Panic away.

Comment

Working...
                                X