NCAA Hoops 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Hoops 2012-2013

Another NCAA basketball season is upon us. It all begins officially on Friday and there are some interesting match ups on the very first night. Kentucky plays Maryland, Florida and Georgetown, North Texas is at Creighton, and Michigan State is at UConn.

I follow a number of teams from Indiana, IU, Notre Dame and Butler, because I used to live there. Syracuse has also been a favorite over the years and more recently, I have been checking out Gonzaga basketball with a few Canadians on the roster. 7 foot 5 inch Brampton native, Sim Bhullar will soon be making his debut at New Mexico State and Myck Kabongo hasn't been cleared by the NCAA to play yet. Ditto for Shabazz Muhammad at UCLA.

March Madness is just 4 months off!

Keennnnttucccckkkyyy wiiilllldddcaaaatttsssss :-)
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

where did wiggins end up going again? Kentucky?
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

anyways, i hope the shabazz business gets sorted soon (its not looking good) cause UCLA is my team. with him, they're a final four lock.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Wiggins has not decided yet. The scuttlebutt says it's a battle to the death between Kentucky and Florida State, though Wiggins camp is saying UNC, Kansas, Ohio State, and Syracuse are still in the running. Wiggins parents went to FSU plus his friend Rathan-Mayes has committed there.

Comment

Shabazz!
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Kabongo is travelling with his Texas team mates to Hawaii but has not been cleared to play.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                Wiggins has not decided yet. The scuttlebutt says it's a battle to the death between Kentucky and Florida State, though Wiggins camp is saying UNC, Kansas, Ohio State, and Syracuse are still in the running. Wiggins parents went to FSU plus his friend Rathan-Mayes has committed there.
                I want him on the Wildcats,but Florida State seems like the school with the edge here. Being it's a place known to him (like you said parents, and good friend committed.)
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

No Conscience

Jack Taylor of Division III Grinnell scored 138 points last night and he did it hitting less than 50% of his shots! Yup, he shot 108 times, made 52, including 27-for-71 from the 3-point line.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...scoring-record
                  Last edited by stretch; Wed Nov 21, 2012, 04:30 PM.

Comment

holy shit

Comment

Anthony Bennett is playing fantastic at UNLV so far this season, averaging 19.5 ppg with a 56% fg%, plus 8.3 rpg. How do spell lotto pick?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...-for-22-in-win

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                        Jack Taylor of Division III Grinnell scored 138 points last night and he did it hitting less than 50% of his shots! Yup, he shot 108 times, made 52, including 27-for-71 from the 3-point line.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...scoring-record
                        I saw the video, and as impressive as the shooting was:

He averaged a shot every 20 seconds. By the end of the 3rd till the end of the game he never ran back to defense because his team was up by 50. He proceeded to get the pass from the other side and jack up a shot. rinse and repeat.

Still incredible he made 52 shots, but its lost some of the feats luster.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Jack Taylor had "just" 21 points tonight, making 6 of 21 shots, in a loss.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...aylor/1725865/

Comment

Also the defense sucked so hard.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I watched Nerlens Noel play in a losing effort against Baylor. He didn't start but came off the bench and was a beast on the boards with 17 rebounds. Super athlete. NN is numero uno on my draft board. Kentucky disparately needs help at point guard, as a March Madness title run seems unlikely at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X