#SupportAndrea, #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs
Furthermore RULE#1 of draft - take the best player available (not by position).
"I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"
2) trade Charlie V for Ford
3) trade Ford and 1st round pick for o'Neal
4) trade O'Neal and 1st round pick for Marion
5) trade Marion for Turkoglu
6) trade Turkoglu for Barbosa
7) trade Barbosa for 2nd round pick
8) use Indiana's #56 pick to draft Thomas Zubcic
So basically we traded 3 1st round picks for Thomas Zubcic
And I support BC why? I need a drink...
Just to play Devil's advocate, but at least BC isn't Rob Babcock. Bargs isn't great, but he's not Rafael f***ing Araujo.
Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under
Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim
Colangelo's biggest mistake in my opinion were:
1. Drafting Bargnani 1st overall in 2006. Nothing against European players. But drafting a Euro 1st overall is a huge risk. The guy that i was hoping they would take 1st overall was Rudy Gay. I'm still not sure how he fell to the Rockets at 8th because i watch alot of NCAA basketball, Rudy Gay was one of the most talented players in college basketball that time. And the Raptors that time had Bosh and Villanueva, so drafting another PF doesn't make sense.
2. Losing Bosh for nothing. Blame also goes to Bosh because i think he, LeBron and Wade planned to build a super team in Miami years before their contract expired.
3. Signing Landry Fields. Colangelo said after the season ended last year that he's going to upgrade the SF position. Landry Fields in my opinion is barely an upgrade over James Johnson. Heck, you can make an argument that Johnson had a better year last year than Fields.
As for the JO trade and the Turk signing. I thought it was a good move it just didn't work out. It happens. Turk had a great year for Orlando the previous year, can't really blame BC for overpaying. As for JO, not really sure what happened he just didn't work out here. And who knew Roy Hibbert would be this good. Hibbert was a stiff in college. I didn't know he's going to be this good.
Jermaine O'Neal missed 38, 31, 13 and 40 games respectively in the four seasons leading up to Colangelo trading for him, and his points per game went from 24.3 to 13.6 during that time. Even people with a passing interest in the NBA could see that his body was letting him down and his game was drastically declining. It was a terrible move.
I don't feel like re-hashing all of the bad moves that Colangelo has made during his tenure in Toronto. Let's just say that I didn't think he deserved the previous extension he got, and I don't think there's any way he should be able to continue as the GM of the Raptors.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)