Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so whats our pick lotto protected to this year again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so whats our pick lotto protected to this year again?

just wondering
    @sweatpantsjer

i think the protection is if the pick is top 3 we keep but it has to be lotto for the transaction to be complete

Comment

Top 3, Top 2, Top 2, Top 1, Top 1

So if we're going to be bad we better be really bad, not just regular Raptors bad.

Comment

Does anyone else hate these highlight reels where one kid, that is clearly more skilled than all of the competition combined, just dunks and blocks people repeatedly? Come to my rec league, theres a guy that looks like that because the rest of us suck so bad. you can dunk, congrats, you can block, congrats, youre tall. congrats.

RANT OVER.

Comment

Five. Games.
          TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

The protection on the pick is crazy if you think about it. Lowry is still worth it, but the fact that the Raps lose the ability to trade away any first-round picks until it's used really ruins their trade flexibility.

Comment

Zewo wrote: View Post
              The protection on the pick is crazy if you think about it. Lowry is still worth it, but the fact that the Raps lose the ability to trade away any first-round picks until it's used really ruins their trade flexibility.
              agreed. should have just given them the Ross pick

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                that's what ive been saying from day one. I like ross but draft workouts and practice are completely different from the real game. the dude was projected to go 17th and colangelo decided to use the 8th pick on him. i don't really see the kid in the nba 2 years from now to be honest
                "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Colangelo didnt want to be in the lottery this year
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                    that's what ive been saying from day one. I like ross but draft workouts and practice are completely different from the real game. the dude was projected to go 17th and colangelo decided to use the 8th pick on him. i don't really see the kid in the nba 2 years from now to be honest
                    Fair enough if thats what you think of Ross .. but that doesnt change that trading our #8 pick from this year would have been a WAY worse deal for us. This was a LOADED draft .. so the #8 pick might be worth a top 5 pick easily in next year's draft (which is thought to be weaker). Throw in the fact that, with Lowry and JV coming into the mix, its hard to say that you'd project us to be worse than we were - so, the expected value of the pick is something like 10th-14th in a weak draft.

On the off chance we get lucky, we are top 3 protected. Im not saying I love the deal (Id like to think we could have got better lottery protection) .. but trading the Ross pick would have been a much worse deal.

Take exception with picking Ross himself (as opposed Drummond .. who btw isnt exactly lighting the league on fire <4ppg and 4rpg although a good start tonight .., T Jones, whoever) .. but Im not buying that trading that pick/ player would have been better than trading a future pick

Comment

That video looks an aweful lot like my highschool highlight tape, except my flattop was tighter and taller.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                        Houston wouldn't want Ross to give up Lowry. In their mind, he's a projected 14th pick that was picked 6 spots earlier.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

We may get a top 3 pick to keep after all this year!
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

well Chicago got derrick rose literally a game out of playoffs...
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                            X