Ross Vs Drummond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ross Vs Drummond

If anyone is watching the OKC - Pistons game tonight, it is clear to see we got a raw deal on Ross.. Drummond is at another level that Ross is clearly not at. Why does this organization insist on making bad picks.. I know its too soon to tell.. but its clear to see this guy is going to be more useful than Ross.

We didn't draft Drummond because we have Jonas. And we already have a glut with the big guys.
    Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

@alexhaggispinch

Toronto Raptors
    Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
    Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

Comment

b2kelly wrote: View Post
      If anyone is watching the OKC - Pistons game tonight, it is clear to see we got a raw deal on Ross.. Drummond is at another level that Ross is clearly not at. Why does this organization insist on making bad picks.. I know its too soon to tell.. but its clear to see this guy is going to be more useful than Ross.
      Another level the man says...

More useful the man says...

Based on what?

You could say that a "useful" player would be a benefit to a team on the court, right? That he would be getting PT out the ass every game, right?

Drummond:

MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
      14.4 0.615 1.000 0.400 1.2 2.8 4.0 0.6 0.4 1.2 0.80 1.40 3.8

Ross:

MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
      8.8 0.375 0.250 0.000 0.0 1.0 1.0 0.5 0.2 0.0 0.75 1.75 3.5

Is there any difference that isn't marginal? We've barely seen either player play at all, so any conclusions at this point mean nothing. I have faith in Terrence, I think he's going to blossom next season when he gets some consistent minutes (since it's looking like he won't be getting any this year). He definitely has a lot more basketball skills than DeRozan.

You could say that Monroe is sucking up all of Drummond's minutes. But you could also say that DeRozan and Fields are sucking up Ross' minutes as well.

Comment

ffs We don't have Drummond... get over it people. This isn't the same as Hoffa, Ross isn't absolutely useless.
        TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Exactly, FFS what are we gunna do? go back to have a redraw or something?

Comment

Will Drummond be better or will Ross? Only time will tell. A GM should draft the best player available and not as per need. BC always claims he does so but may not have done so in this case. However his drafting as Raptors GM has not been bad at all. So I`m confident Ross will turn out OK. We`ve gotten off to a bad start and it`ll probably continue this way for a bit but let`s not get discouraged and negative about it.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
              However his drafting as Raptors GM has not been bad at all.

Comment

There's no looking back on the draft. If Ross becomes a solid rotation player this season I would consider the pick a good one. Drummond has surprised by being NBA ready, still the Pistons are winless. Pistons and Raptors meet up on Nov. 23 in Detroit.

Comment

My only response to this thread is that DD has four more years and Fields has three on his contract so where does Ross fit?
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    My only response to this thread is that DD has four more years and Fields has three on his contract so where does Ross fit?
                    I think that BC knew he had a project when he drafted Ross. He had plans of Ross being a 6th man for a couple of year but, in the future imagine DD and TR being a great wing tandem. That would complement each other very well.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think its fine to talk about it, but it's waaaay to early to tell whom will have the better career. Drummond is getting the "trial by fire" treatment from Detroit, much like JV is with Toronto. Ross is barely getting any pt because DeMar looks to have reached a new level in his game thus far this season and has erased any controversey of Ross challenging him for minutes.

I think if Fields continues to struggle you may see Ross given more opportunity to show us why BC picked him so high in the draft.

BC doesn't always go with the popular pick, but the players he's drafted are pretty solid. JV looks pretty legit, DD is having a mini breakout season, I'm not the biggest fan of AB, but he's a legit 20 point scorer in this league, and ED is slowly but steadily improving his game.

Comment

I think this was more of a Dwayne Casey influenced pick. But sticking to the subject of the thread, I am hating life everytime I see Andre Drummond highlights and I see Terrence Ross get blown over by the wind. Only time will tell, and I hope I am wrong in the near future.

Comment

I was big on Drummond. I wanted us to draft him over the likes of Barnes and MKG.

Athletic risky big over shooters for me anyday. What have we got to lose?

Comment

i am pretty sure we could have drafted dummond and trade either for the pick to draft ross or trade for him we had the assets. this organization is afraid to make big moves. oh well

Comment

You guys are hilarious. Ross is going to be good. Chill.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X