Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: GT: Sixers @ Raptors 11.10.2012

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tonious35 wrote: View Post
    I think Lowry should sit out for the season, that ankle reeeeeaaallllyy hurts right now. I'm dusting off the tank commander helmet already. Certain GMs might need a firin' also so certain players I will not name can get traded more easily.
    if we tank... this upcoming draft is not deep... and even if we get a potential star, we'll have to wait a few years. Ok, 10 more games to evaluate the team we have and if they still don't start winning, then I say blow it all up.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Think about this, if Calderon was on the bench and lowry had the starter units charge, the rotations wouldve been tighter. Lucas really drained this team today, and I could only feel that Calderons offensive playmaking off the bench was missed bad in the 2nd quarter.

Though, Dwayne Casey needs to take the fall for multiple things:
    -Ed played nothing. Literally nothing. Kleiza was at the 4 more than Ed played.
    -Val was clearly the best player in the game. ehhh, better pull him before the 4th and NEVER PUT HIM BACK ON. EVEN ONCE YOU GET IT TO 6 in the 4th.
    -John Lucas? John Lucas should not have started the 4th, should not have played with Calderon, should not have been around at all.
    -Last by not least, why are we running iso plays? Demar and Bargs, I get it feed them, but feed them with the defense rotating!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Think about this, if Calderon was on the bench and lowry had the starter units charge, the rotations wouldve been tighter. Lucas really drained this team today, and I could only feel that Calderons offensive playmaking off the bench was missed bad in the 2nd quarter.

-Val was clearly the best player in the game. ehhh, better pull him before the 4th and NEVER PUT HIM BACK ON. EVEN ONCE YOU GET IT TO 6 in the 4th.
    -John Lucas? John Lucas should not have started the 4th, should not have played with Calderon, should not have been around at all.
    -Last by not least, why are we running iso plays? Demar and Bargs, I get it feed them, but feed them with the defense rotating!
    This guy gets it, although 'best player in the game' is a stretch at best.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post

Even though Val played great the first 3 quarters... I felt he was too inexperienced to be plugged in the 4th... I'd be nervous playing him late... but unfortunately we have no one else, so we got to play him. John Lucas is looking his age. He's slow compared to the younger quicker guards. I'm beginning to accept the reality that Calderon has lost a step. When is Bargs going to get in shape? How come others teams look stacked compared to ours? The "Big man shooting 3s staying out in the perimeter"
    experiment doesn't work... he doesn't have the same lift as Nowitzki and will never be the kind of player he is.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe its my Val-bias

Though his rebounds, putbacks, and transition effort really put energy into our comeback

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

the other thing about having Bargs playing in the perimeter is that we only rely on our Centre (ie JV) to rebound, and when the other team boxes him out, we're done for... we can't have 4 guys in the perimeter while only JV fights for rebounds.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

dude, i swear it seems like were made up of a bunch of scrubs and the other teams are stacked. wtf is going on. i swear i could have better given BC's job from the beginning.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

it was a sell out crowd. poor torontonians.

Post Thanks / Like

I was pretty pissed off when the game ended and still am, specifically with Lucas' play in the second quarter and the overall lack of flow/set plays being run to get guys open.

This was a game we should have won, but didn't, there will be other games that we shouldn't win, but do. We're only 6 games into the season, and in reality, if Lowry was playing, I wouldn't have to complain about Lucas in the second quarter, because it would have been Jose's steady hand on the offense and we'd probably be talking about this game in a different manner. I'm not saying that Lowry is some sort of saviour, but having him means we know we'll always have a PG on the floor that can run an offense.

Let's just hope he can come back soon.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

let's go Argos.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote AJ360 wrote: View Post
    I was pretty pissed off when the game ended and still am, specifically with Lucas' play in the second quarter and the overall lack of flow/set plays being run to get guys open.

This was a game we should have won, but didn't, there will be other games that we shouldn't win, but do. We're only 6 games into the season, and in reality, if Lowry was playing, I wouldn't have to complain about Lucas in the second quarter, because it would have been Jose's steady hand on the offense and we'd probably be talking about this game in a different manner. I'm not saying that Lowry is some sort of saviour, but having him means we know we'll always have a PG on the floor that can run an offense.

Let's just hope he can come back soon.
    I was so upset I didn't even finish the game... turned if off with 2 min left. The game against Dallas, stopped watching just a few minutes after the second half started. This didn't happen last year. Raps, why you doing this to me?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

the sad thing is... the teams we've played so far had key players missing in them. In this game they didn't have Richardson and Bynum. In the previous game, they didn't have Nowitzki, Brand and Marion. Indiana didn't have Granger. Still we can't beat these teams without their best players out. What does that say about our team?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    It's kinda funny, considering how we all thought our "depth" would help us a lot this year.
    Our depth is great, its just that with our starters nursing injuries, its suddenly non-existent.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so numb to this franchise and I can't even get mad anymore. I love my Raptors, but am I surprised with another poor start to a season? Absolutely not. People and media peeps talked up this team prior to the season as a year that this was a bound for a solid run at playoffs. I don't see it, but I hope they prove me wrong. Injuries aside, I don't see it. We have bench depth, but are far too weak with our starting five to make any noise.

"You can clean up a pig, put a ribbon on it's tail, spray it with perfume, but it is still a pig."

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

well said Doc. I haven't reached numbness yet. I still feel pain, anger, hurt, pulling my hair out, cussing... but I'm beginning to feel like I'm getting there.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jaworski wrote: View Post
    well said Doc. I haven't reached numbness yet. I still feel pain, anger, hurt, pulling my hair out, cussing... but I'm beginning to feel like I'm getting there.
    I feel you guys. At one point I just lied on my pillow blindlessly staring at the tv not reacting to anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jaworski wrote: View Post
    4 or 5 years ago I'd be cursing at my TV and in a pissy mood now. Now, I just brush off like its nothing and continue sipping my single malt.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

toronto media isnt as critical on raptors management as they are on the leafs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I feel you guys. At one point I just lied on my pillow blindlessly staring at the tv not reacting to anything.
    LOL .... "Mommy!!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote wtfraps wrote: View Post
    toronto media isnt as critical on raptors management as they as on the leafs
    When there isn't any hockey they are.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information