Thread: GT: Sixers @ Raptors 11.10.2012

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We need Philly type fans. Boo the shit out of the team if they play bad

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    We need Philly type fans. Boo the shit out of the team if they play bad
    Meh .... booing doesn't do anything. If it did the Leafs would of won a Cup since '67.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe they're right... maybe pro sports teams in Canada really has a huge disadvantage... maybe american born players really don't want to play here... maybe it's really true that it's hard to get big names to come to T.O.. maybe we won't be relevant for a long while... maybe we should have treasured the Carter years... because I don't know if we'll ever experience something that amazing again any time soon. Just trying to figure out why the Jays, Leafs, Raps and TFC can't do well. I really don't know what it is. Do you guys have any idea at all why pro teams don't do well??? Why are we so unfortunate?

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna go against what a lot of people seem to be saying here about DC. Lets keep in mind that the raptors, although still sucky, overachieved by about 10 games last season all credited to coach Casey. The defense this year isn't his fault. He can't help it if JV is too small and is getting bullied by other centers, or if bargnani doesn't put in the effort that he showed for ONLY 13 games last season. In regards to the rotations what options do you think he has? Lowry is out and everyone is ripping on him for playing JL3 a lot. Jose's not gonna play 48 minutes. With that small ball lineup he had in at the end based on philli's lineup that was his best option. He's not gonna put in his big guys against the quick small guys that Philli had in, just so that they can blow passed them and blow us out by more than 10. Tonights game was a game of matchups and imo he put out the players that matched up the best with what philli was doing. With regards to the offense I didn't know coaches could teach players to forget how to shoot. It's not like Toronto in any of these past few games hasn't had open shots because their offensive schemes are shitty, they've had open shots but have been to shitty themselves to hit them. It's 6 games in and people are already blaming the coach that helped us so much last season because they're being too oblivious to see the logic in what he does.

Post Thanks / Like

Problem with our teams is garbage management and coaching staff

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

But you're still watching Doc... you're still following our beloved raptors, and yes, as you said, you still love them... deep inside I know you hurt... let it out doc. I think you're a Vulcan with pent up emotions. You're like Spock who just lost his planet. You're emotionally compromised, admit it... just got to get it out of you that you care. It's ok doc, let it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jaworski wrote: View Post
    But you're still watching Doc... you're still following our beloved raptors, and yes, as you said, you still love them... deep inside I know you hurt... let it out doc. I think you're a Vulcan with pent up emotions. You're like Spock who just lost his planet. You're emotionally compromised, admit it... just got to get it out of you that you care. It's ok doc, let it out.
    LMFAO ... hahaha .. How dare you make me spit out some of my Macallan's.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

its not them. it us. well support them no matter what. and losing has become acceptable as long as money is made.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote wtfraps wrote: View Post
    its not them. it us. well support them no matter what. and losing has become acceptable as long as money is made.
    Isn't that MLSE's motto?

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

forget the second quarter. The following sums it up. Twice...twice in the second half, a raptor lay on the ground under the basket when philly went the other way. For as much of the shot clock as they used, and they used most of it, philly played 5 on 4 offence (not like the raps playing 4 on 5 offence with McGuire on the floor...actually only 4 defenders on the floor). One play ended with a three in the key turnover and the next ended with a travel. Philly did not get a shot off either time. And the Raptors still lost this game.
    Last edited by Jclaw; Sat Nov 10th, 2012 at 11:15 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was at the game tonight and left with 5+ minutes to go. The first time in 17 years I've left a Raptors game that early. Just a complete embarrassment of a team right now.

Charles Barkley was bang on....this team should have no expectations whatsoever.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Charles Barkley was bang on....this team should have no expectations whatsoever.
    The team SHOULD have expectations. Its good to have expectations to motivate them. Its the fans that shouldn't have expectations.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really disappointed with the coaching so far this season. Minutes are up and down so drastically it's crazy. C'mon Casey.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I'm really disappointed with the coaching so far this season. Minutes are up and down so drastically it's crazy. C'mon Casey.
    Agreed. 9-man rotation please. Starters: (Lowry, Derozan, Fields, Bargnani, Valanciunas.) Bench: Calderon, Anderson, Johnson, Davis.

Post Thanks / Like

I think 10 man rotation is good. We need to give Ross some burn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Sam Mitchell was the problem. Then Triano was the problem. Now it's Casey.

Maybe, just maybe, there are some other common denominators that might be the problem. Just a thought.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information