GT: Sixers @ Raptors 11.10.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Encase you forgot its an 82 game season. We're not even close to a quarter of a way through the season. I think its way too early to say whether or not we make the playoffs.
    What part of the play has given you reason to hope for the playoffs? JV has been somewhat of a positive, but because of fouls he's limited to 15 min/game.
    The defense has regressed to the point that it looks like Triano's in charge again and the offense makes it look like the bucket is an inch wide.
    Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

@alexhaggispinch

Toronto Raptors
    Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
    Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

Comment

I think Lowry should sit out for the season, that ankle reeeeeaaallllyy hurts right now. I'm dusting off the tank commander helmet already. Certain GMs might need a firin' also so certain players I will not name can get traded more easily.

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
        The Raptors are going to have to pass either Milwaukee or Atlanta to make the playoffs and based on the first 5 games, I don't know if that's possible. The Bucks and Hawks look good, the Raptors are playing like shit
        How many times do i have to tell you guys. Its been 6 games...
        Those teams are going suffer through injuries and droughts too

Comment

alexaussie wrote: View Post
          What part of the play has given you reason to hope for the playoffs? JV has been somewhat of a positive, but because of fouls he's limited to 15 min/game.
          The defense has regressed to the point that it looks like Triano's in charge again and the offense makes it look like the bucket is an inch wide.
          6 games...
          With your logic the lakers aren't making the playoffs either

Comment

Jaworski wrote: View Post
            why does Derozan keep doing the difficult turn around post ups... he should face his man and drive or shoot! These raps keep playing one on one... I'm getting very close to turning away from these raps... after many years of patience... why do toronto sports teams do so poorly? and the few remaining hard core fans the raps have are getting their hearts ripped apart over and over again. This has got to stop.
            There are two ways to cope. Either become clinically detached, or become a ridiculous fanatic (think English football fans).
            If you go for detachment, then you just won't care if they win or lose, and you'll watch it for background entertainment. If you go fanatic, you'll be too drunk to give a fuck.

In all seriousness though, I think a lot of fans feel the same way. There was a lot of optimism about the team this season, with JV and KLowry coming in. But realistically, this is a 7th seed at best, and a 13th seed at worst, and right now we're seeing the worst. There's still time for them to turn it around, but the system that Casey has put in is not working right now, and needs to be changed.

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
              I think Lowry should sit out for the season, that ankle reeeeeaaallllyy hurts right now. I'm dusting off the tank commander helmet already. Certain GMs might need a firin' also so certain players I will not name can get traded more easily.
              if we tank... this upcoming draft is not deep... and even if we get a potential star, we'll have to wait a few years. Ok, 10 more games to evaluate the team we have and if they still don't start winning, then I say blow it all up.

Comment

Think about this, if Calderon was on the bench and lowry had the starter units charge, the rotations wouldve been tighter. Lucas really drained this team today, and I could only feel that Calderons offensive playmaking off the bench was missed bad in the 2nd quarter.

Though, Dwayne Casey needs to take the fall for multiple things:
                -Ed played nothing. Literally nothing. Kleiza was at the 4 more than Ed played.
                -Val was clearly the best player in the game. ehhh, better pull him before the 4th and NEVER PUT HIM BACK ON. EVEN ONCE YOU GET IT TO 6 in the 4th.
                -John Lucas? John Lucas should not have started the 4th, should not have played with Calderon, should not have been around at all.
                -Last by not least, why are we running iso plays? Demar and Bargs, I get it feed them, but feed them with the defense rotating!
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  Think about this, if Calderon was on the bench and lowry had the starter units charge, the rotations wouldve been tighter. Lucas really drained this team today, and I could only feel that Calderons offensive playmaking off the bench was missed bad in the 2nd quarter.

-Val was clearly the best player in the game. ehhh, better pull him before the 4th and NEVER PUT HIM BACK ON. EVEN ONCE YOU GET IT TO 6 in the 4th.
                  -John Lucas? John Lucas should not have started the 4th, should not have played with Calderon, should not have been around at all.
                  -Last by not least, why are we running iso plays? Demar and Bargs, I get it feed them, but feed them with the defense rotating!
                  This guy gets it, although 'best player in the game' is a stretch at best.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post

Even though Val played great the first 3 quarters... I felt he was too inexperienced to be plugged in the 4th... I'd be nervous playing him late... but unfortunately we have no one else, so we got to play him. John Lucas is looking his age. He's slow compared to the younger quicker guards. I'm beginning to accept the reality that Calderon has lost a step. When is Bargs going to get in shape? How come others teams look stacked compared to ours? The "Big man shooting 3s staying out in the perimeter"
                    experiment doesn't work... he doesn't have the same lift as Nowitzki and will never be the kind of player he is.

Comment

Maybe its my Val-bias

Though his rebounds, putbacks, and transition effort really put energy into our comeback
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

the other thing about having Bargs playing in the perimeter is that we only rely on our Centre (ie JV) to rebound, and when the other team boxes him out, we're done for... we can't have 4 guys in the perimeter while only JV fights for rebounds.

Comment

dude, i swear it seems like were made up of a bunch of scrubs and the other teams are stacked. wtf is going on. i swear i could have better given BC's job from the beginning.

Comment

it was a sell out crowd. poor torontonians.

Comment

I was pretty pissed off when the game ended and still am, specifically with Lucas' play in the second quarter and the overall lack of flow/set plays being run to get guys open.

This was a game we should have won, but didn't, there will be other games that we shouldn't win, but do. We're only 6 games into the season, and in reality, if Lowry was playing, I wouldn't have to complain about Lucas in the second quarter, because it would have been Jose's steady hand on the offense and we'd probably be talking about this game in a different manner. I'm not saying that Lowry is some sort of saviour, but having him means we know we'll always have a PG on the floor that can run an offense.

Let's just hope he can come back soon.

Comment

let's go Argos.

Comment

Working...
                                X