GT: Sixers @ Raptors 11.10.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AJ360 wrote: View Post
    I was pretty pissed off when the game ended and still am, specifically with Lucas' play in the second quarter and the overall lack of flow/set plays being run to get guys open.

This was a game we should have won, but didn't, there will be other games that we shouldn't win, but do. We're only 6 games into the season, and in reality, if Lowry was playing, I wouldn't have to complain about Lucas in the second quarter, because it would have been Jose's steady hand on the offense and we'd probably be talking about this game in a different manner. I'm not saying that Lowry is some sort of saviour, but having him means we know we'll always have a PG on the floor that can run an offense.

Let's just hope he can come back soon.
    I was so upset I didn't even finish the game... turned if off with 2 min left. The game against Dallas, stopped watching just a few minutes after the second half started. This didn't happen last year. Raps, why you doing this to me?

Comment

the sad thing is... the teams we've played so far had key players missing in them. In this game they didn't have Richardson and Bynum. In the previous game, they didn't have Nowitzki, Brand and Marion. Indiana didn't have Granger. Still we can't beat these teams without their best players out. What does that say about our team?

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
        It's kinda funny, considering how we all thought our "depth" would help us a lot this year.
        Our depth is great, its just that with our starters nursing injuries, its suddenly non-existent.

Comment

I'm so numb to this franchise and I can't even get mad anymore. I love my Raptors, but am I surprised with another poor start to a season? Absolutely not. People and media peeps talked up this team prior to the season as a year that this was a bound for a solid run at playoffs. I don't see it, but I hope they prove me wrong. Injuries aside, I don't see it. We have bench depth, but are far too weak with our starting five to make any noise.

"You can clean up a pig, put a ribbon on it's tail, spray it with perfume, but it is still a pig."

Comment

well said Doc. I haven't reached numbness yet. I still feel pain, anger, hurt, pulling my hair out, cussing... but I'm beginning to feel like I'm getting there.

Comment

Jaworski wrote: View Post
              well said Doc. I haven't reached numbness yet. I still feel pain, anger, hurt, pulling my hair out, cussing... but I'm beginning to feel like I'm getting there.
              I feel you guys. At one point I just lied on my pillow blindlessly staring at the tv not reacting to anything.

Comment

Jaworski wrote: View Post
                4 or 5 years ago I'd be cursing at my TV and in a pissy mood now. Now, I just brush off like its nothing and continue sipping my single malt.

Comment

toronto media isnt as critical on raptors management as they are on the leafs

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    I feel you guys. At one point I just lied on my pillow blindlessly staring at the tv not reacting to anything.
                    LOL .... "Mommy!!!!"

Comment

• wtfraps wrote: View Post
                      toronto media isnt as critical on raptors management as they as on the leafs
                      When there isn't any hockey they are.

Comment

• We need Philly type fans. Boo the shit out of the team if they play bad

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          We need Philly type fans. Boo the shit out of the team if they play bad
                          Meh .... booing doesn't do anything. If it did the Leafs would of won a Cup since '67.

Comment

• maybe they're right... maybe pro sports teams in Canada really has a huge disadvantage... maybe american born players really don't want to play here... maybe it's really true that it's hard to get big names to come to T.O.. maybe we won't be relevant for a long while... maybe we should have treasured the Carter years... because I don't know if we'll ever experience something that amazing again any time soon. Just trying to figure out why the Jays, Leafs, Raps and TFC can't do well. I really don't know what it is. Do you guys have any idea at all why pro teams don't do well??? Why are we so unfortunate?

Comment

• I'm gonna go against what a lot of people seem to be saying here about DC. Lets keep in mind that the raptors, although still sucky, overachieved by about 10 games last season all credited to coach Casey. The defense this year isn't his fault. He can't help it if JV is too small and is getting bullied by other centers, or if bargnani doesn't put in the effort that he showed for ONLY 13 games last season. In regards to the rotations what options do you think he has? Lowry is out and everyone is ripping on him for playing JL3 a lot. Jose's not gonna play 48 minutes. With that small ball lineup he had in at the end based on philli's lineup that was his best option. He's not gonna put in his big guys against the quick small guys that Philli had in, just so that they can blow passed them and blow us out by more than 10. Tonights game was a game of matchups and imo he put out the players that matched up the best with what philli was doing. With regards to the offense I didn't know coaches could teach players to forget how to shoot. It's not like Toronto in any of these past few games hasn't had open shots because their offensive schemes are shitty, they've had open shots but have been to shitty themselves to hit them. It's 6 games in and people are already blaming the coach that helped us so much last season because they're being too oblivious to see the logic in what he does.

Comment

• Problem with our teams is garbage management and coaching staff

Comment

Working...
                                X