Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're officially the third worst team based on record...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're officially the third worst team based on record...

Early, yes, but pathetic showings the last three games. And the schedule isn't getting any easier.

Didnt our team that won the atlantic division start off with an 2-8 record? I woudnt really worry yet.

Comment

Six. Games.
      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
        Six. Games.

And we've won 1. We've actually only been competitive in 3. You're OK with that?
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          And we've won 1. We've actually only been competitive in 3. You're OK with that?
          6 out of 82.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            6 out of 82.
            Buddy above you said "Six. Games." I saw his post from yesterday, it said "Five. Games." If we get our asses kicked that badly at home against Utah, what will you guys say? "Seven. Games." At what point do we start expecting more from our team? Why is it cool for this team to have a brutal start when they've averaged 22.5 wins the last 2 years?

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Buddy above you said "Six. Games." I saw his post from yesterday, it said "Five. Games." If we get our asses kicked that badly at home against Utah, what will you guys say? "Seven. Games." At what point do we start expecting more from our team? Why is it cool for this team to have a brutal start when they've averaged 22.5 wins the last 2 years?

What I'm saying that it's too early to react like this. We could still lose half of the rest of our games and possibly sneak into the 8th.
              TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                What I'm saying that it's too early to react like this. We could still lose half of the rest of our games and possibly sneak into the 8th.
                +1.
                We could honestly lose 41 games straight, and win 40 games in a row. Like, anything can happen in a long, 82 game season. Not to mention other teams in the East usually slow down, or bump teams down to get up a spot or two. Unlike the West, where there is constant movement of spots after 2-3 games mid-season.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                  +1.
                  We could honestly lose 41 games straight, and win 40 games in a row. Like, anything can happen in a long, 82 game season. Not to mention other teams in the East usually slow down, or bump teams down to get up a spot or two. Unlike the West, where there is constant movement of spots after 2-3 games mid-season.
                  How very optimistic of you saying we could win 40 games in a row, I however look it at much more realistically.

We need to finish 40-42 or better to make 8th place, which equates to 39-37 from here on in. So now we're asking an inconsistent Raptor team that we are praying to finish 2 games under .500 at best to play over .500 basketball from here on in.

We already blew a game to a ravaged Dallas team missing there best player, as well Philly missing there best player, oh let's not forget at home vs Indy missing there best player as well. Only Toronto fans win 1 of the first 6 and are happy.

Comment

Let me ask a question to Rap fans, are you happy being an 8th seed? If yes, note that this team clearly nowhere to grow except JV. We will be swept by Miami in the playoffs and hopefully look to improve for the next season. But where will that growth come from? Lowry and Bargnani will be 27 and proven commodities, Demar is Demar and fair to say we aren't planning any all-star trips for him, Ed Davis and the rest of the bench aren't enough to carry the Raps to a top 5 seed. Personally I'd rather be Detroit and have the Knight-Monroe-Drummond trio to look forward to. And they might suck enough to get Wiggins or Jabari Parker next year. Trust me, I HATE losing, it sucks but I'd rather lose for a chance at something than be a .500 team getting swept every year or fighting for the last playoff spot because I promise you that winning will get old quick if we consistently get swept, ask Atlanta.

Comment

ibzilla wrote: View Post
                      Let me ask a question to Rap fans, are you happy being an 8th seed? If yes, note that this team clearly nowhere to grow except JV. We will be swept by Miami in the playoffs and hopefully look to improve for the next season. But where will that growth come from? Lowry and Bargnani will be 27 and proven commodities, Demar is Demar and fair to say we aren't planning any all-star trips for him, Ed Davis and the rest of the bench aren't enough to carry the Raps to a top 5 seed. Personally I'd rather be Detroit and have the Knight-Monroe-Drummond trio to look forward to. And they might suck enough to get Wiggins or Jabari Parker next year. Trust me, I HATE losing, it sucks but I'd rather lose for a chance at something than be a .500 team getting swept every year or fighting for the last playoff spot because I promise you that winning will get old quick if we consistently get swept, ask Atlanta.
                      Toronto's basic strategy should be to "wait out Miami". As in, once LeBron and Durant hit 30 plus, we are hoping Valanciunas has become a top 15 player and we have surrounded with with a couple other quality players. Right now the only hope really is Val's prime, that's why we shouldn't have traded this year's 1st, it'll probably be in the top 8 again and we should be stacking those right now.

Comment

This team is sh!t until proven otherwise.

Yes, the 2006-07 started badly too, but they didn't get worse with each and every loss. This team has shown no improvement since game 1.

Comment

The problem with people saying six games is that it is not that we lose 5 games it is how we lost those 5 games. It is all about playing and so far this season our defense is worse then last year and our scoring is worse. We have no energy it seems in all the games. If we could play ball for 48 min I think we would have a decent team but right now we are lucky if we get 24 min out of our team. Last nights game against Philly was a disgrace. First time this year that we have had a good start but after that the second quarter a disaster.Can't get any worse their play as of now!!!! Can't shoot and can't defend!!!

Comment

Are you out there Mike Brown?
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Bottom of the heap!

WOW, I waited all spring/summer/fall for this embarrassing display of bb - if only I had the inner strength
                              to say "goodbye" my beloved Raptors...but I can't...so I'm stuck with the pain of watching mid-low level
                              talent (mostly overpaid), get torched a different way every game night. Will they win 30 this year - MAYBE,
                              but not much more. I'm evening questioning Casey's coaching now, that the most unpredictable substitutions
                              are put into games - it's nearly (but not quite) as unpredictable as BC's bizzare draft choices, and contracts.
                              Anyway, I'll suffer it out like the rest of you, but am hoping the "booing" in the stands and empty seats gets someone's attention in the MLSE/Roger's boardroom. So far, we suck and as much as eagerly await Lowry's return - he can't perform miracles, so let's just sit back, and get used to (again) life at the bottom of the heap..

Comment

Working...
                              X