Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    All thanks to your new avi!
    and my public plea????? lol
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a question: what the hell is wrong with Ross? What is going on that he can't get ahead of McGuire in the rotation? Is this Casey? What is going on?

Post Thanks / Like

Ross still needs to get his confidence up

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Casey should give him the start tomorrow. Everyone else is tired, and I"m guessing Landry and double A will both still be out. He needs some PT to gain his confidence, and its a perfect opportunity with the injuries and second game of a back-to back

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Tough game. I'm not one to get all over the refs, but they lost this game for the Raps. It was just plain bad. I've seen a lot of REALLY bad officiating this season and not just the Raps games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Ross still needs to get his confidence up
    How is that going to happen playing 3 minutes a game?

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel that there were a lot more positives than negatives from this game though. Obviously the team collapsed at the end of the 4th quarter, but they kept the buffer of 5-7 points for 3 and a half quarters, and they battled for each of the 3 overtimes. I know it's all well and good to say we're competitive for 3 quarters or whatever, but at the end of the day we need victories.

I just felt like the Raptors showed a hunger to win this game, and were let down by a series of poor plays and unlucky breaks (Jefferson 3 pointer, that loose ball scramble near the end of the 4th quarter leading to the Millsap dunk)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    How did that dunk DD had not get called an and 1? I'm not going to shit on the refs other than that.

Raps gave away another win. Utah goes on 15-5 run to end the game.

This loss is on Calderon and Casey.

Calderon: great line, no question. But he had 4 turnovers in the final couple of minutes and OT. He choked. And what the fuck are you doing giving the ball to Gray in a pick and roll in a crowd?

Casey: End of regulation, game on the line, you go to Bargnani??????????? Did you not notice the career game going on by DeRozan? Fuck man. Seriously?
    Those 2 plays just drives me nuts along with the quick Bargnani 3 in the 3rd OT.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There was too much Gray, McGuire and Bargnani (who looked scared of the ball last night) in OT. Bargs was cold and DM/AG should never see the rock on offence in a tight situation. I understand the need for D, specially with Jose and AB looking like they'd never seen a pick n roll before but you gotta get another threat on the floor. Ross was needed in OT. Hell Ed Davis was needed in OT, ahead of Gray. Utahs bigs were having a lot of trouble with the athleticism of AJ/ED. Forget Gray!

Man, when Amir fouled out the game was over.
    "Analytics has a place. It can’t be the be all end all. I’m still trying to figure out when the Oakland Athletics won a championship with all the analytics they have."
    —Coach Hollins, who is a better basketball mind than you are.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Superchunk wrote: View Post
    Tough game. I'm not one to get all over the refs, but they lost this game for the Raps. It was just plain bad. I've seen a lot of REALLY bad officiating this season and not just the Raps games.
    have to agree... im not one to rag on the refs either...

but holy fuck what were they doing?! how much money did they bet on the jazz!?

its one thing to be consistently bad... i get that... the game moves fast... you miss calls..

but you dont call touch fouls on one end, and then on the other end let the other team get physically molested

what i will say though... it seemed like Derozan got personally offended by the refs and went out of his way to showcase how shit they were... constantly throwing himself to the wolves, taking hits, over and over again, despite getting no love from Utah's 6th man on the court... dude was a monster... if he got even half the calls he deserved, that could have been just shy of a 50 pt game for him

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Millsap went off at the end of regulation and the 3 overtimes but pinning it on McGuire is a reach IMO. Yes he was the man checking him but every wide open 3 was because Jose got beat off the dribble and McGuire came to help pervent a wide open layup. I only saw 1 time where he came to help but a man was already there the rest of the rotations were okay. To be the game was lost in regulation when Casey played with Kleiza. He's a streaky shooter and it was obvious was no longer hitting shots so have confidence your team can hold onto a 10 point lead with 6 minutes to go. Last night was exact same as the opener accept it was Kleiza instead of Jose.

Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets just leave it at, the more experienced players showed more composure in the waning minutes, and that was enough for them to beat us.

Thread Information