X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kleiza goes off tonight... for 42

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Marvin Williams starts for the Jazz would be mismatch to start the game. I like starting DM too. Ross and Klieza to come out big tonight!
      I don't recall Marvin Williams ever using his size to dominate anyone. Perhaps we're giving him too much credit based on nothing more than his measurements. With Mo Williams healthy, Marvin is easily the 5th option for Utah. Tonight, he's barely above Tinsley in the pecking order (a guy who played 40 minutes on Saturday and didn't score a single point).
      Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Nov 12, 2012, 03:01 PM.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
        Ya I don't like the raptors chances this game. Utah is suited well to blow us out.
        You're probably right.. But the Raptors are due for a random upset game. Hopefully it comes tonight with all the injuries

Comment

"marvin williams" and "dominate" don't really belong in the same sentence
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I think I'd like Ross starting over either McGuire or Kleiza.
            I'm on board with this idea

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              amazing!

Comment

Hayward vs Demar should be a nice match up as both will look to put the other in foul trouble. Really hoping for Mo Williams to have an off night shooting the ball as Jose won't be able to get around those picks by the Jazz bigs. Article on Kleiza was a nice read and fingers crossed that it's another similar outing for him tonight off the bench.

Comment

I think Kleiza hates mormons so he kills the Jazz whenever he can. LOL
                  NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

I think Kleiza hates mormons so he kills the Jazz whenever he can. LOL

NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I don't recall Marvin Williams ever using his size to dominate anyone. Perhaps we're giving him too much credit based on nothing more than his measurements. With Mo Williams healthy, Marvin is easily the 5th option for Utah. Tonight, he's barely above Tinsley in the pecking order (a guy who played 40 minutes on Saturday and didn't score a single point).
                      M Williams, this year:

- 1st game, vs Dallas/Marion: 29 minutes, 7/13, 5/5 FTs, 21 pts, 3 RBs, 1 STL, 1 BLK
                      - In 24 minutes vs LAL/Metta WP (massive compared to Ross), 4/7, 3/3FTs, 11 pts, 4 RBs, 2 Stls
                      - Last game vs Phx/Beasley, 5/10, 13 pts, 7 RBs

All of those guys with much more experience, and MUCH more size and strength than TRoss. Put TRoss out there against Williams and Corbin will have Williams posting up every play and he'll likely be 1st or 2nd option all night.

Look, Ross isn't built like a LeBron. He's very slight right now and the coach has to pick his spots where he throws Ross to the wolves. Kobe,,,,,, KOBE for heaven's sake, played in 2 games (14,17) over 8 minutes in his first 10, and by the end of the year, only averaged 15 minutes. Was his progress hampered by bringing him along one step at a time?

Comment

Lets pray for this (5% probability).
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                          M Williams, this year:

- 1st game, vs Dallas/Marion: 29 minutes, 7/13, 5/5 FTs, 21 pts, 3 RBs, 1 STL, 1 BLK
                          - In 24 minutes vs LAL/Metta WP (massive compared to Ross), 4/7, 3/3FTs, 11 pts, 4 RBs, 2 Stls
                          - Last game vs Phx/Beasley, 5/10, 13 pts, 7 RBs

All of those guys with much more experience, and MUCH more size and strength than TRoss. Put TRoss out there against Williams and Corbin will have Williams posting up every play and he'll likely be 1st or 2nd option all night.

Look, Ross isn't built like a LeBron. He's very slight right now and the coach has to pick his spots where he throws Ross to the wolves. Kobe,,,,,, KOBE for heaven's sake, played in 2 games (14,17) over 8 minutes in his first 10, and by the end of the year, only averaged 15 minutes. Was his progress hampered by bringing him along one step at a time?
                          Ross would have a tough time with Williams size agreed.

Good comparison to Kobe's development and playing time in year one. Someone might point out that Kobe was a teenager (18 I believe) and coming out of high school while Ross is 21...

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Lets pray for this (5% probability).
                            I forgot how much more athletic he was back then...

Comment

Yeah I'm all about giving the rooks time but if you put Ross in the starting lineup already it's like saying you're giving up on the season. Ross hasn't been nearly consistent enough, in garbage time at that. At least with DM you know you're gonna get defense and rebounding.
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                                Ross would have a tough time with Williams size agreed.

Good comparison to Kobe's development and playing time in year one. Someone might point out that Kobe was a teenager (18 I believe) and coming out of high school while Ross is 21...
                                I don't see age being such a big factor as is playing against boys vs men, particularly when a rookie has such little meat on him. My point is that not every rookie is a LeBron or a Dwight, and some need to be brought along slowly. The Raps feel they're in a position to bring Ross along slowly, and from what I've seen to date, it seems like a wise choice, and I fail to see any sense in getting up in arms over his playing time, 6 games into the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X