The Saving Factor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Saving Factor

A 1-5 record, new acquisitions hardly living up to expectations, injuries to key players and to add to this , all of last years effort seeming a waste are normally reasons for hopelessness. pessimism, discouragement and so on. Normally. It's time for extra-normalcy folks. To think negatively when things are not looking good is normal. To think positively in bad times, is what we could call extra-normal. I'm sure the Raps. brass and coaching staff are trying not to give in to adversity. Lets stay behind them and share their positivity.

In my opinion Jonas V can be the saving factor. I think he has the ability to be a Franchise player. Coach Casey IMO should make things go through him. Especially offensively. Make him the "go-to guy" and see what happens. Draw plays for him. He has the size, agility and talent to be a threat. If his production goes up significantly, complementary pieces are there for sure. In-fact it's what our roster is made up of.

Over to you guys.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

JV isn't even close to ready to have an offense run through him, almost all his points have come on fast breaks and put backs this year, he doesn't have an offensive game to carry a team (also he's a centre, outside of D. Howard and Bynum there isn't a single C in the league that has the ability for the offense to run through them).

Also Lowry has exceeded expectations.

Comment

if Linas keeps playing like the first half tonight against Utah.. he just may be the saving factor at SF

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
        JV isn't even close to ready to have an offense run through him, almost all his points have come on fast breaks and put backs this year, he doesn't have an offensive game to carry a team (also he's a centre, outside of D. Howard and Bynum there isn't a single C in the league that has the ability for the offense to run through them).

Also Lowry has exceeded expectations.
        What Jonas has done so far may not be indication of what he could be capable of. The truth is, things have not gone well so far and there doesn't seem to hope in the horizon at-least in the near future. There's absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain by giving this strategy a shot. If done carefully, coaching staff can ensure that his development is not hindered.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Lowry has been ABOVE my expectations so far,
          JV is greater than my expectations..
          Even DD is looking like a pro (tonight in Utah especially, but last few games as well),

Linas may be the darkhorse, but I am not betting on him as of yet..
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Although JV has been a pleasant surprise on the offensive end of the floor he's not anywhere near ready to have the offense run through him. Isn't strong enough to post up yet or have any quality moves to finish with his back to the basket. Yes he has the swooping hook but that isn't enough to warrant him as option 1 IMO. Offensively I'm fine with how he's getting his shots now. Offensive rebounds, alleyopps and wide open looks are sufficient for now.

Comment

Bargnani and Calderon need to go, or at least make them part of the second unit. If they can get legit starters and get Jose, Bargnani and Amir in the second unit, it would be an awesome team. Good play by McGuire last night on MoWill, but IMO, McGuire has no business playing in end minutes.

BC needs to get Triano back or a good offensive coach. DC doesnt have a clue what he's doing. He may be a defense guru, but he doesnt know shit about offense. there were two perfect opportunities to win the game last night and he blew it. why the fuck would you put a 6 footer and 6 foot 3 guard to inbound the ball? He knows a perimeter shot will definitely be contested, why would you run Demar on an ISO? Didnt he see the double screen minny did to free up Love for the 3 pointer? Maybe its time to overpay Sloan or Dunleavy. Sloan would be perfect for Lowry and JV pick and roll, the Stockton and Malone of the modern era!

Who knows, maybe theyre on tank mode to get Shabbaz
              Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Tue Nov 13, 2012, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X