Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Referee Bias? Discuss, vent, etc..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Referee Bias? Discuss, vent, etc..

In my opinion, this season we've seen some really horrible officiating going against Toronto, on a frighteningly consistent basis. I like to think I'm being as objective as possible here (obviously i'm slightly biased, but not terribly). Anyone else noticing this?

Have at it.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't scott foster the same clown that cost us the Lakers game? he has a douchebag type look to him. You can just tell he's an asshole by looking at his face

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Isn't scott foster the same clown that cost us the Lakers game? he has a douchebag type look to him. You can just tell he's an asshole by looking at his face
    So I see you've settled on venting ;P.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive never seen matt devlin and Andy go off on the refs and criticize them as much as this season. I think it says a lot. Ive been wondering what the official referee appeal system in the NBA is..

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe how bad it is. It's discouraging just thinking about it. They have the power to take teams out of games with their terrible bias and I feel like I've been seeing that a lot lately.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If the referees made the right call tonight mo Williams would've been at the line at the buzzer and raptors would've lost a lot sooner. I'm sure were not the only team that thinks the refs have a bias about them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    If the referees made the right call tonight mo Williams would've been at the line at the buzzer and raptors would've lost a lot sooner. I'm sure were not the only team that thinks the refs have a bias about them.
    No, see the way I see it, if the referees made the right calls tonight, the game would never have reached OT, and the Jazz would have lost by 5+ points in regulation.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

not just tonight....

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the thing is, if you ask fans of any teams most of them will say the refs are screwing them over, especially all the fans of bad teams. There are missed calls for both teams in each game, and sometimes they go one way. I don't think there is any intentional bias though.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah tonight's game was pretty bad. DeRozan only went to the FT line 7 times? he was getting hammered everytime he drives the ball inside!! And if you look at the replay of his game tying dunk in the 2nd OT, Millsap clearly fouled him but no call and the ref was right there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    I don't think there is any intentional bias though.
    I've been watching the NBA for far too long to believe that, sadly.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the thing is, if you ask fans of any teams most of them will say the refs are screwing them over, especially all the fans of bad teams. There are missed calls for both teams in each game, and sometimes they go one way. I don't think there is any intentional bias though.
    +1 this was the point of my first post. As raptors fans we only realize the missed calls on the raptors because we have a biased. But missed calls happen on every team and I doubt the referees think their reffing Toronto tonight so they better fuck up.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Derozan doesn't get many calls because he's always looking for the call, and falls to the floor whether he is fouled or not. What bothers me is the phantom calls that opposing teams' bigs always get. Like seriously, is Jose grazing Jefferson's arm really count as a foul?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Derozan doesn't get many calls because he's always looking for the call, and falls to the floor whether he is fouled or not. What bothers me is the phantom calls that opposing teams' bigs always get. Like seriously, is Jose grazing Jefferson's arm really count as a foul?
    Yes that is usually true, however tonight he didn't do that. He got creamed and didn't get the calls. Jump balls were being tossed towards the Jazz side. Unreal. I started a thread about this after the very first game so I'm not going to complain anymore. Now it's about accepting what's going on and make the best of if. We don't get many leads in a game and when we do, we blow it somehow. My girlfriend was right when she said "Why are you watching the raps? You know they're going to find a way to lose the game!"

I want someone to prove her wrong! LMAO! Good luck!

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In what fucking world is this not a foul call. The baseline ref had the best seat in the house to see Derozan get MAULED.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

that was a foul but if you think there's really a bias against Toronto you need to watch other teams feeds when they play against us. Pretty much any contested drive to the hoop in every game could have numerous fouls called on it. NBA refs HAVE to swallow the whistle sometimes because otherwise it'd only be scoring via FT. There were a lot of calls that went our way, Mo Williams shot at the end, Al J's Tech...etc but the real reason Utah had so many more free throws is because they pound it down low and force the action whereas the Raps are a jump shooting team. DD had a great game last night but he hit some ridiculous shots. If the rim isn't as kind this game is a blow out for Utah because on most of his jumpshots he's fading away. Next game he probably misses more of those than he makes. You want whistles? Gotta force the action at the rim, stop shooting so many jumpers and stop moving AWAY from contact.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Raptors Republic Rookie alexaussie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep waiting for the officiating to turn around. But it doesn't show any sign of doing so.
    Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

@alexhaggispinch

Toronto Raptors
    Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
    Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    No, see the way I see it, if the referees made the right calls tonight, the game would never have reached OT, and the Jazz would have lost by 5+ points in regulation.
    THIS.

If they made the right calls, and Demar had the dozen or so more free throws he DESERVED... The Raps would have ended the game with Quincy Acy on the floor...

I don't think in general there's an anti-Raptors bias amongst the refs... if you watch other teams games, you'll notice a trend... the refs are just plain AWFUL this season... moreso than ever before..

but last night... there was some serious bias going on... Millsap gets a slight tap on the wrist on a jumper, FOUL... Jose gets double teamed and physically mauled... nothing... Demar gets hacked across his face on a drive, nothing...

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate making excuses but I'm agreeing the Raps are hard done by when it comes to the whistle. Demar and Dre never get whistles. Lowry seems like the only guy on the team that gets his fair share. He also seems like the only one who stays in stead dialog with the refs. He's always talking to them and knows them by name. Demar hurt his rep with the refs the last two years bitching and moaning. I like that he's back to his rookie form in regards to shutting up and playing. If he keeps that up and helps his reputation with them he'll get some more love and trips to the line.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    +1 this was the point of my first post. As raptors fans we only realize the missed calls on the raptors because we have a biased. But missed calls happen on every team and I doubt the referees think their reffing Toronto tonight so they better fuck up.
    +2
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information