Time to end the Bargnani experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Tim Chisholm takes the hammer and hits the nail on the head.

I don't care how 'ugly' people think it is but I would take the grind it out style we saw last year and versus the Pacers any day of the week over what we have seen prior to last night this season.
    I think that this is exactly the point....so my question is why do you guys think that he continues to start? are we that bad offensively?

Comment

I've said this before, Raps should use Bargs as a 6th man and should be mainly used as a SPOT UP 3 POINT SHOOTER.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Chisholm wrote pretty much the exact same article 17 months ago (Triano era) http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=362496

Has anything changed since Chisholm wrote these words?

The biggest failure this year was, and has been for a while, his inability to develop areas of his game that don't have to do with his scoring.
        What is basically being illustrated is that not only did Bargnani not improve his pathetic rebounding and defense, but in some areas he actually REGRESSED from already embarrassingly low standards.
        He's probably got more in common with J.R. Smith than Dirk Nowitzki at this point in his career...
        Perhaps if he were a lights-out shooter the team would feel compelled to work around his shortcomings, but the fact is he's one of the least efficient 20 ppg in the NBA this season...
        His insistence on going one-on-one has led to a dramatic increase in shots from the 16-23 foot range (the dreaded 'long two'), which is basically the laziest shot he could take. So not only does the team's offense need to basically stop to allow him his forays with the ball, but he 'rewards' the team by taking bad shots.
        Bargnani has become something of the poster child for a player refusing to work to the best of their abilities, so why should fans keep paying to sand him and his indifferent play continue to be the most visible part of every Raptors game?

Comment

I'm trying to think of a Granger, West trade for Toronto but having a hard time balancing it out. Bargnani, Calderon and Ross was the best I've been able to come up with. I've wanted Granger since Demar really starting getting into the post game because Granger is a good three point shooting and he would compliment the front court so they could have a Granger, Amir and JV starting line-up. Granger also seemed to really get under Lebrons skin in the playoff's last year.

We would have a starting line-up of Lowry, Derozan, Granger, Amir and Jonas
          Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
            Bargnani is not a starter. end of discussion.
            +1
            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

I'm getting really frustrated watching this guy play too. It seems like he's got one move - stand behing the 3 point line, get the defender to run at him, and pump fake to try and get a foul. If I were BryCo, I'd let him know that he better do something or he's out the door. We've been patient buddy.

Comment

ugh... Bargnani on defense against the Celtics right now... pitiful...
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

If this song is not on Bryan Colangelo's iPod it should be. And when he is listening to it, I hope the first thought he has is of Andrea Bargnani.

"Drop that mothafucka"

Comment

Working...
                  X