No announcement yet.

GT: The Indy Rematch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW, Jose's reaction after the final buzzer was priceless. That arms to the sky pose captures it all. Maybe these guys want to win as much as we want them to.

Comment

• with luck this game was the monkey off the back game of close ones. this was the 4th game we have gone into the 4th with a really good chance to win and finally pulled one off.

2-6 not the best but not the worst with 3 of the 4 losses either games we should have won but didn't, first indiana game and the stupid triple ot game the ones we should have won and the jersey game that i feel the refs gave away.

i am more upset with the last minute of the utah game when we were up 5 then the second ot missed foul on demar, that dunk and one should have been a statement moment for our season but demar and jose coming and running off of fumes this game was incredible.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        with luck this game was the monkey off the back game of close ones. this was the 4th game we have gone into the 4th with a really good chance to win and finally pulled one off.

2-6 not the best but not the worst with 3 of the 4 losses either games we should have won but didn't, first indiana game and the stupid triple ot game the ones we should have won and the jersey game that i feel the refs gave away.

i am more upset with the last minute of the utah game when we were up 5 then the second ot missed foul on demar, that dunk and one should have been a statement moment for our season but demar and jose coming and running off of fumes this game was incredible.
        We honestly should have been 3-4 or 4-3. If we can close out games and consistently play the same (solid) game throughout, we should be near .500.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• What. A. Finish.

5 points in the 4th after a triple overtime game and Raps win??? Great D from Amir on DWest, didn't let him get anything easy, banged, bodied up boxed out and was a menace on the glass. The difference between Amir and Bargs in 12 scintillating minutes. Demar had an off shooting night but played very good D. Stuck to George late and really bothered him. Help D from him was really good and he was finding a white shirt to box out all night. DM also showed us why he's in the league.

Jose with the triple double and just all out effort on a night nothing was supposed to right. That heads up play to Amir on the break was such a beautiful pass, he got the ball and just fired it 2/3rds the way down the court, past two athletic guards perfectly into the hands of a streaking Amir.

Casey did an excellent job with everything. He's been criticized for the "up tempo" pace and his rotations and in game management but I thought he did a great job tonight. Got back to his roots in a slow it down, defence first style and used his TOs and bench effectively.

Ross had his best stretch yet. I think this kids gonna be alright. Needs some strength but other than that he's a ball hawk on D, gets in the lanes but recovers well and his shot is butter.

LAst but not least I want to admit that I have been very anti "refs vs raps" despite some questionable officiating. Tonight they let them play for 3q of the game but didn't call anything Torontos way in the 4th. The Hill travel (seriously he took like 10 steps), Psycho T's impression of a hockey player, Ian's body blocks and no rewards for any Raptors driving the lane. In fairness the raps were a step slow in the 4th but some of those calls/no calls were crazy.
          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• Ross looked good. What a fantastic defender.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Bargs being in on that last defensive possession was mind boggling, thank god it ended at regulation.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                Bargs being in on that last defensive possession was mind boggling, thank god it ended at regulation.
                Your giving Casey way too much credit. Andrea should have been pulled mid way through the 3 and put in around 7-8 minute mark on an extremely short lease. He It was glaringly obvious he was exhausted and wasn't able to run the floor, beat his man of the dribble or have legs in his shot. He looked live a 70 year old man running in quick sand. Casey should have let JV have his minutes late and we should have seen more Ross as well. The kid was fantastic in limited minutes yet again.

Super gutsy performance by Jose and Amir. JV and Ross were nice, rest of the team ordinary and Dre should have been in a pair of jeans and blazer. Great win for the guys in red but coach has been out coached in every game this year IMO.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  BTW, Jose's reaction after the final buzzer was priceless. That arms to the sky pose captures it all. Maybe these guys want to win as much as we want them to.

Fantastic pic

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    BTW, Jose's reaction after the final buzzer was priceless. That arms to the sky pose captures it all. Maybe these guys want to win as much as we want them to.

The only thing that would make this better is Jose flipping the bird with BC in the background.

Trade who?

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      Ross looked good. What a fantastic defender.
                      Agreed, was the first time I saw him really play minutes (I turned off the OKC game before he played much) and I was really impressed. He plays very good position and doesn't get exposed, but at the same time he gets to his rotations very well and has very quick hops which he uses to bother passes. He's pesky.

I really, really liked what I saw from him last night and don't see any reason not to be excited and to think he can't become a starter.

Comment

• Just now watching yesterdays games. I'm at hallf time. The first game in a week or so I'm watching; can't watch them live (of course) and the comments on here weren't really enticing ...

I'm really enjoying this game as I think there are a lot of positives to take (from the first half).

DeRozan's post-up games is as good as it was in the pre-season, still don't like when he handles the ball anywhere else as he's got some turnovers from overdribbling and does still settle for long two's.

Bargnani wasn't as bad till the second part of the second quarter as I expected. He seems to have conditioning problems (which lots of you stated) and unfortunately this is something which has happened a lot in his career; he's getting slower on defense, legs don't get into his shots. His defense wasn't that bad, but sometimes he just has those rookie moments, where he looks to have no clue where to be. That baffles me.

Ross was great, showed some really nice stuff on offense which, for me, confirms the idea that he can become a player of (near) allstar calibre: he has the potential to create his own shot which as a shooter and solid defender should give him a chance to become a five tool player.

Valanciunas has typical rookie struggles, I find he has sometimes trouble with his lateral movement and he needs the game 'to slow down'. He showed no hesitation to shoot the midrange shot and even though he hit only 1/3 (I think) he stays ready to receive the ball and gets his shot off pretty quickly (certainly when compared with Amir) and it looks pretty good (just a bit too hastily). He showed some Evans like will to get the rebound on some plays. And he actually has basketballtalent. Hope he stays healthy for years to come and develops his game. Predicting he'll get us a 30-30 game sometime in the future doesn't even seem weird.

Calderon was solid, some great stuff to get us in the game after Indiana's running start.

Wasn't really impressed by the others.

Comment

Working...
                        X