The case for DeRozan being the number 1 option over Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    If you ask me this question a year ago i would say Bargnani should be the #1 option. No question. But DeMar has improved so much this year to the point where he and Lowry should be the team's #1 option.

Raps should mainly use Bargnani as a spot up shooter. Think of Toni Kukoc with the Bulls in the 90's.
    I'm going to assume you didn't watch alot of Toni Kukoc when he was with the Bulls.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
      let Ed be your 4!!! He is looking to be a REALLY solid pro.
      enlightenment wrote: View Post
      and ross as your 3pt shooter
      Not sure if sarcasm, but that would be ideal. I actually really like Davis, he is a very good rebounder and if he got a chance to develop that post game he could be dangerous off the low block. He needs minutes more than anything which could be an issue unless someone gets hurt. Ross has great form on his jumper so that is also a possibility. Ah yes ridiculous optimism, how I've missed you.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

when demar has a string of bad games his contract will come up again here and how he is only a sixth man. lots of rap fans need someone to hate on their team every year. demar has started off well this season so he is awesome. bargs has faltered so he is the worst player ever.

we don't have a number one option. we have some players who can get the ball in the hoop when playing well who are prone to cold streaks. we need to ride the hot hand and when someone isn't producing offensively and isn't pulling their weight defensively they need to sit

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          What have you been watching?
          he grabs more boards in one game then bargnani can grab in a month. His D is also better, Bargs can shove his jumpshot up his ass.

Comment

oh stop getting your panties in a bunch, it's still early. as miekenstien said ride the hot hand....but I still think bargnani is needed on the floor even though he's not scoring because he spaces the floor and makes it easier for other players to get looks

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
              Not sure if sarcasm, but that would be ideal. I actually really like Davis, he is a very good rebounder and if he got a chance to develop that post game he could be dangerous off the low block. He needs minutes more than anything which could be an issue unless someone gets hurt. Ross has great form on his jumper so that is also a possibility. Ah yes ridiculous optimism, how I've missed you.
              Im not kidding whatsoever, KeonClark suggested I have not been watching the game by suggesting Ed looking like a solid pro. Clearly he doesn't realize that Ed was our top rebounder last year and played less minutes than both bargs AND amir.
              Ed will come together as a strong double double threat every night out as a starter.

Seeing Ross today was also great! I love his work on the defensive end. Sometimes he does too much, but he has the best jumper-contest Ive seen on the team. He has good defensive smarts as well, watching him be aware of passing lanes and seeing ahead of the play. His shot looks incredibly smooth. Im really really excited for Ross.
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                Bargs can shove his jumpshot up his ass.
                I think he already has
                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...erozan_growth/ It's nice that at least somebody is noticing Demar and man did he ever get stronger this summer, he looks huge in that picture.
                  Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                    I think he already has
                    +1 that is very true

Comment

remember when derozan had clearly regressed last season, bargnani was going to be an all star and landry fields was shane battier

Comment

Casey was on Sportsnet 590 last night and said that Bargnani is now option number 2 (and sometimes 3) behind Lowry (and DeRozan).

Comment

Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
                          http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...erozan_growth/ It's nice that at least somebody is noticing Demar and man did he ever get stronger this summer, he looks huge in that picture.
                          I know he looks stronger and all. But, that muscle definition for a guy who had none the past year is a little creepy. Loaded up on the creatine?
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                          X