Struggling Game-plan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling Game-plan.

Now, this post is really towards Demar Derozan.

I have a serious problem with whoever is calling the offense. Be it the floor general (Jose Calderon/John Lucas) or Coach Casey. Throughout this Pacers game, the defense has been outstanding, but offensively started slowing down in the 3rd quarter.

During that third quarter, it was very frustrating to see constant outside jumpers. It really got on my nerves. At this point, this team should really know who they're running to.

They needed to get something inside, and consistently, Derozan was being looked off. Most of that quarter, he wasn't even involved in the offense. Derozan had an in-efficient shooting night, no doubt because he hasn't gotten calls, but, he's going to force it, for he is our best guy on the floor.

My point is, this team needs better recognition offensively. Derozan is your best bet to score inside, that jump-shot should be to space the floor, NOT be the number 1 option...

Obviously when Lowry comes back, he's already mentioned he's looking for Derozan first, so that should make a difference. Thoughts? Maybe you feel other things are struggling with the game-plan?

I'm also writing this as I watch the game, and I don't know what Casey is doing with Amir, Ed, Kleiza, Ross, and Lucas?! Goodness gracious.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

SOMEBODY PLEASE! Give the ball to Demar!!! Holy Shit!

Comment

derozan was looking gassed, I don't think he would've been effective with the ball.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        I'm also writing this as I watch the game, and I don't know what Casey is doing with Amir, Ed, Kleiza, Ross, and Lucas?! Goodness gracious.
        Bingo. That lineup almost lost us the game again in the 2nd half.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

there was like consecutive pick & roll play where either jose or amir taking bad shots at the end of the shot clock.. pacers got it covered. casey had good defensive philosophy but definitely need to work on his coaching patterns decisions..

Comment

Yeah that pick and roll with amir shouldn't be a go-to play down the stretch. They need more off-ball screens and movement, which is what every other team in the NBA does more of, and it works. Way too much isolation and post ups. The only ones that can post up effectively is demar, kleiza, JV, and Barg (when he is primo primed and ready to perform)

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
              Yeah that pick and roll with amir shouldn't be a go-to play down the stretch. They need more off-ball screens and movement, which is what every other team in the NBA does more of, and it works. Way too much isolation and post ups. The only ones that can post up effectively is demar, kleiza, JV, and Barg (when he is primo primed and ready to perform)
              Derozan should be the first option in this instance. Get something to the rim. Better put pressure on the refs than bricking shots from the outside.

Comment

Pacers were doing a really great job of denying DeMar the ball and after 60 minutes and a trip to Indy the night before I;m not sure he had the legs to get by the defence. They kept putting George on him and made sure to hit him hard everytime he got free, hence leaving Amir on the roll. Sometimes you gotta take what the defence gives you. If Bargnani hadn't been such a total liability at both ends Amir would be able to finish and Indys post D wouldn't of been able to collapse so hard on cutters.
                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X