Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sam Mitchell was right

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    I actually think he was trying to be different, sort of a rebel coach, trying to put his niche out there. In the beginning his tactics were kinda fun to watch but later on it just became annoying. everytime he faced the media he seemed annoyed at all the questions, turning the questioning into banter, then he refused to do the half time segments. he always had a smirk on his face like nobody else knew basketball except him. i think he was glorified way to early, and his head swelled. if he was really that good, how come he's not coaching anymore?
    He was a bit of a d!ck to the media, but I don't think it was because of a swelled head. I just think Smitch didn't have much patience in his personality.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    He was a bit of a d!ck to the media, but I don't think it was because of a swelled head. I just think Smitch didn't have much patience in his personality.
    I cant believe I am actually agreeing with you on something... but here goes.

Smitch was so combative with the media it made MLSE higher ups very upset. The loosing drove Sam nuts and the answering to the media after the loosing was more than he could handle. He lost it.

Now he is on gametime trying to rebrand himself as a calmer more laid back former-coach-of-the-year-and-and-can-I-pleeeeeeeese get a coaching gig somewhere.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information