Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why are Raps fans so hard on DeMar?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why are Raps fans so hard on DeMar?

So we have been complaining for a couple years now since DD was drafted that he has not lived up to all the hypes of the Young Ones, Young Gunz, Vince Carter comparisons and all that. Now he is playing the best basketball of his young career and already fans are talking or suggesting that he be traded because his value will be at it's highest.

If he continues to play the way he is, the we got him for a steal at $40 mil. instead of going through free agency and that would be a great move by BC. And give the guy credit for playing his heart out after getting that huge contract. I think it was Casey who said that Demar will play even harder now that he has the contract because he want to prove that he deserved it. BUT If BC didn't resign him and he played well all season, people would say that he played well because it was a contract year and get even more upset if he leaves to go to another team instead of resigning with us. He is in a no win situation with us Raps fans.

I know everyone is talking about Rudy Gay but we know that if Rudy comes to Town it will be because of the Money not the City or the Team for the Fans. Demar loves the city. He loves the Fans and he Lover the organization and he especially love the team. Instead of showing him that we want him out of town, why not show him that we appreciate him trying his hardest and show him some love.

Don't forget guys, if you know that people in a specific company don't like you or don't want you there and you have a chance to work there, will you go? I know that I would not. We are better than that.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...erozan_growth/

Go DeMar Go! Go Raps Go!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

It's because we know how inconsistent he is, and I'm willing to bet that we will see the old Derozan again (hope I'm wrong!). But yeah, just like the Bargs 13 game sting last year, I'm waiting for another dissapointment.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Clipse2001 wrote: View Post
    It's because we know how inconsistent he is, and I'm willing to bet that we will see the old Derozan again (hope I'm wrong!). But yeah, just like the Bargs 13 game sting last year, I'm waiting for another dissapointment.
    wow, that's pretty harsh. What about some encouragements? Just a thought! But I guess if you expect him to fail or disappoint you then you should be upset if he does end up disappointing you right?

Raptors Republic Starter Fuchan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Demar is a baller. Demar, paired with Lowry and JV are going to turn some heads. Everyone is just frustrated with never winning, that they've grown impatient.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    wow, that's pretty harsh. What about some encouragements? Just a thought! But I guess if you expect him to fail or disappoint you then you should be upset if he does end up disappointing you right?
    because encouragement via the internet is going to change him?

The reason fans are 'hard' on Derozan, much like they are Bargnani, were Bosh, Rose etc etc. is because of the role they play for the team. If you are going to be treated, played and function as a core long term peice for the franchise you damn well have to play like it.

What I'm more curious about is why are some fans so easy and willing to make excuses for players when they consistently aren't performing?

Post Thanks / Like

The recent disdain for DeRozan is quite similar to the hate that's been spewed at Bargnani for the past several seasons. In fact, I see quite a few comparisons between the two of them.

- both were top-10 draft picks in strong drafts

- both are inefficient volume scorers, who have been inconsistent in their execution so far in their careers

- both are below average in key areas typically associated with traditional players at their positions (Bargnani-rebounding, DeRozan-3pt shooting)

- both have struggled to provide significant, consistent secondary stats (ie: rebounding, assists, steals)

- both are below average defenders at their position

- both have been forced to become #1 (or #1a/1b) scoring options for their team, when they have neither the skillset or personality to be a #1 guy

- both have been marketed as the cornerstone / face