X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto - New Orleans

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=adzdlao

Kleiza for Aminu and Henry.

I was just reading and apparently the hornets don't plan on resigning either of these guys but would like a scorer...

Works well for both teams, i'm a fan of Aminu and think he's got really high potential. Henry intrigues me, i think he can be a good "3 and D" player with the right coaching and that's exactly what Casey wants. If one or either doesn't work out you let them walk. At least we get Kleiza's contract off the books. I'd even throw in a second rounder to sweeten the pot if need be.

Cut Mcguire or Anderson for the roster spot.
    @sweatpantsjer

Two things, one: That is New Orleans not Charlotte
    And Two: I think I would do this.

I think if Klieza stays here he will start playing well again. With Fields out he will get more playing team, and he is finally healed from the injury. I see him having a break-out year.

In spite of this I might still do the trade. We shed a decent size contract, and a player who does not currently get much playing time, for two young prospects. I advocated trying to pick up Aminu when he was still in LA, and still think he has some potential. Henry less so, but still a change of scenery for an under-performing player is never a bad thing. If we do the trade and dont like either player, we simply don't resign them and get more cap-space.

Comment

Hello wrote: View Post
      Two things, one: That is New Orleans not Charlotte
      drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

can someone with mod powers fix my goof please
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

But why are they looking to get rid of Aminu.. I thought he was working out for them? Trading for Kleiza is really giving up on him...
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

i have no idea what their issues are with him, just that they don't plan on resigning him at the end of the year.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

maybe thats something to research before advocating for Aminu? Perhaps he is really deficient at a certain part of his game
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

he's averaging 13, 8 and 2. he's a upgrade at the 3 regardless. like i said, if he doesn't turn out you let him walk.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I've thought Aminu would be somebody that would help but at the same time with demar on the court the three point shooting would be very bad. Aminu does however rebound very well for a small forward and has a 7'3.5 wingspan so if they put up a zone on d they would really alter a lot of shots in a line-up of Aminu, Amir and Jonas.
                  Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

his shooting has been significantly better this season from the couple of games i saw him play.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I haven't seen much of him this year but based on what I've seen on him in the past and then adding Henry as well for Kleiza would be very much worth it. Though Evan Turner is playing not so great this year, Aminu is putting up similar numbers and also the fact that they don't need to resign him if he doesn't pan out has me sold that this would be a good deal for us. IMO a second rounder would be necessary to get it done.
                      Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

I like this trade

Comment

Working...
                        X