• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barg's & Jose for Al Jeff & J-Smith

So this is obviously going to be a 3 team deal broken down as follows:

Atlanta gets:
    Bargnani and Ed Davis

Utah gets:
    Jose, Linas Kleiza and a frist round pick (preferably from Atlanta)

Toronto gets:
    Al Jefferson
    Josh Smith

Atlanta makes the move becuase they are clearing out the old team and rebuilding. Ed Davis is the guy they want, Barg's is the guy they have to take to make it work. ED would be fantastic next to Horford and is the type of player that the Hawks would want. Barg's would provide some shooting and likely be a 6th man type role for them.

Utah might be the only team in the league where Jose would likely be the starter. They get to clear the log-jam and can try to re-sign Jose for a cheaper deal or even try to peddle him again (still an expiring deal). LK is a servicable bench player for them, and they get a first round pick for a player that they weren't going to be able to re-sign anyway.

Toronto does it for obvious reasons, more talent. Both players immedately start (moving JV to form the bench front line with Amir) forming a truly defensive team with Josh Smith. Al Jefferson hopefully re-signs. If Al Jeff doesn't resign, then we carve out some nice cap room with his deal expiring and target a SF who can shoot.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

dream on
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

From everything I heard this past offseason, Atlanta still plans on making a run at Howard in free agency. Howard and Josh Smith are good friends. Atlanta basically wants to use Smith and max cap space as bait to lure Howard, if he doesn't re-sign with the Lakers.

If Atlanta does trade Smith, I expect they'd want more legitimate young talent than a non-traditional PF like Bargnani, in addition to multiple 1st round picks and salary dumping.

Comment

Between Jefferson and Millsap, I think the Jazz are more likely to re-sign Jefferson because Favors is waiting in the wings.

I'd alter this deal where it's Millsap coming in, Jose going out. They could add Earl Watson to even out the salary. Not sure about the Atlanta side, you guys are bigger fans of Josh Smith than I am.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

Working...
        X