Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Injury update: Lowry, Fields & Anderson

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Injury update: Lowry, Fields & Anderson

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=409545

With only two wins in eight games to start the season, the injury updates on Kyle Lowry, Landry Fields and Alan Anderson added salt to the wound.

Guard Kyle Lowry has been diagnosed with a bruised cuboid bone in his right foot and is out 1-2 more weeks. He has been out since suffering the injury during a game on November 6.

Forward-guard Landry Fields underwent ulnar nerve transposition surgery on Wednesday in New York City and there is no timetable for his return. He will be re-assessed by doctors in two weeks.

Guard-forward Alan Anderson has a partially torn plantar fascia in his left foot and will be out 3-6 weeks during the rehabilitation process.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man. Just, wow. 2 weeks without arguably our best player. And probably awhile without 2 key players.

Calderon and Derozan are gonna be GASSED.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Falling like flies. Reminds me of the Blue Jays this summer

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When it rains, it pours :|

Glad I picked up Calderon off waivers though
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Projected: Calderon, Derozan, McGuire, Bargnani, Valanciunas.

Bench: Lucas, Ross, Kleiza, Ed, Amir, Acy, Gray.

Man on man. I'm cringing at this very moment.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess we're all officially terrible people for putting Fields down. Apparently his hand would involuntarily clench and spasm. That sucks man.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Starter Fuchan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I kind of figured something was wrong with Fields, I wonder was this known about before he signed. Wishing him all the best in his recovery

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fuchan wrote: View Post
    I kind of figured something was wrong with Fields, I wonder was this known about before he signed. Wishing him all the best in his recovery
    Is it bad that I was wondering if an undisclosed injury would allow us to void his contract, without the cap hit? hehe

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Jose can play well enough to boost his trade value. (come on, brightside people!!) We need Lowry to be healthy but his presence alone seems to have help Demar, so at least he is helping the team. Hopefully Fields can come back healthy and refreshed (mentally as well). Tough break for Anderson since he had been playing reasonably well.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    I guess we're all officially terrible people for putting Fields down. Apparently his hand would involuntarily clench and spasm. That sucks man.
    I heard somewhere that this was bothering Fields for the past few weeks. If true, that doesn't explain why he couldn't shoot last year.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

T-Minus 2weeks till Jose's groin pulls & his ankle rolls LOL i guess the fields bashing has to be on hold now..hopefully he regains form after..BC has to be thinking of making a trade or a FA signing soon. AA is stealing the show right now with the jays trades..time for BC to regain the title as "best used car salesman in T.O"

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Two potential bright sides to this unfortunate bit of news:

1. Maybe Fields's shooting problems will disappear along with his injury (or at least, be reduced).

2. I looked at our schedule over the next two weeks (which looks like worst case scenario for Lowry's return). I think we can go 3-4. We play Boston, Orlando, Phili, Charlotte, Detroit, San Antonio, Houston and then Lowry SHOULD be back for Memphis. If he isn't, we can probably chalk it up as 3-5. But that would be worst, worst case scenario.

Just by looking at teams I see as being better/worse than us, I figured we lose to Boston, Phili, San An, and Houston (and of course, Memphis if we play them sans-lowry), and we beat Orlando, Charlotte and Detroit.

Knowing the Ratptors, they'll probably lose to at least one of the teams I consider to be worse than us, and beat one of the teams I consider to be better, but either way, if we can come out of this within 5 games of .500, I think we'll be okay.

Things could be worse?

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote themasao wrote: View Post
    Two potential bright sides to this unfortunate bit of news:

1. Maybe Fields's shooting problems will disappear along with his injury (or at least, be reduced).

2. I looked at our schedule over the next two weeks (which looks like worst case scenario for Lowry's return). I think we can go 3-4. We play Boston, Orlando, Phili, Charlotte, Detroit, San Antonio, Houston and then Lowry SHOULD be back for Memphis. If he isn't, we can probably chalk it up as 3-5. But that would be worst, worst case scenario.

Just by looking at teams I see as being better/worse than us, I figured we lose to Boston, Phili, San An, and Houston (and of course, Memphis if we play them sans-lowry), and we beat Orlando, Charlotte and Detroit.

Knowing the Ratptors, they'll probably lose to at least one of the teams I consider to be worse than us, and beat one of the teams I consider to be better, but either way, if we can come out of this within 5 games of .500, I think we'll be okay.

Things could be worse?
    We just need to keep are head above water till January. That's when will have a chance to make up a lot of grown.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I heard somewhere that this was bothering Fields for the past few weeks. If true, that doesn't explain why he couldn't shoot last year.
    Well even last year's numbers would be an improvement.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Landry Fields Out Indefinitely, No Timetable for Return, Reassessment in Two Weeks

Our prime time summer signing is out indefinitely.

The news just keeps getting worse for the struggling Toronto Raptors.

With only two wins in eight games to start the season, the injury updates on Kyle Lowry, Landry Fields and Alan Anderson added salt to the wound.

Guard Kyle Lowry has been diagnosed with a bruised cuboid bone in his right foot and is out 1-2 more weeks. He has been out since suffering the injury during a game on November 6.

Forward-guard Landry Fields underwent ulnar nerve transposition surgery on Wednesday in New York City and there is no timetable for his return. He will be re-assessed by doctors in two weeks.

Guard-forward Alan Anderson has a partially torn plantar fascia in his left foot and will be out 3-6 weeks during the rehabilitation process.

The Raptors return to action on Saturday when they visit the Boston Celtics.

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raps have been competitive in each game with out Lowry. Hopefully when he's back it's enough to put them over the top and give them that much needed boost. Saturday has the potential to be a huge boost in confidence for them. Would love a W in Boston with Orlando the next day at home.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

When it rains, it pours :|

Glad I picked up Calderon off waivers though

The second lowry went down I did the same. Everyone laughed and called me a homer. then Caldy went HAM.

Feel bad, i was giving Fields a really hard time. Any surgery involving nerves cant be good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Our prime time summer signing is out indefinitely.

Forward-guard Landry Fields underwent "ulnar nerve transposition surgery" on Wednesday in New York City and there is no timetable for his return. He will be re-assessed by doctors in two weeks.

I called it! Now as someone who has suffered the exact same symptoms and consulted on having the exact same surgery. The recover for normal function is around 6 weeks. Not sure how much longer after that it would take a pro athlete to regain full function. But look at February for a full return to form

Post Thanks / Like

that had more to do with Melo than anything
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is perfect.

This is EXACTLY what we need.

-Calderon is going to put up starters numbers (10 pts 9 assists 50% fg 90% ft) and will have his trade value skyrocket. Perfect for any midseason trade

-Ross and Derozan are going to get a lot more burn. And we get to see if Dominique McGuire is really that elite defender GS fans were raving about. This is great for the development of Derozan as a number 1 scorer, and even better for Ross's playing time!

Overall, Lowry and Fields are going to come back in to an improved Derozan, a more settled Ross, and a tradable asset in Calderon, right in time for the easier half of our schedule!

I predict many wins after all-star break.
    The only thing that pisses me off, is Lowry might lose his allstar bid because of his injuries..

Thread Information