Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors send in complaint about Reffing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors send in complaint about Reffing?

Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

Raptors definitely aren't happy with the reffing so far. Word is they have been vocal in explaing why and sending in evidence of bungling
    Collapse

is this for real? If so, very happy to hear that!

Comment

lol you guys are fools if you think this is gonna do anything. If anything comes from this, Raptors are gonna get fined for complaining or something. When anyone voices an opinion that reflect badly on the NBA in anyway, regardless of how small, they usually get fined. It's the NBA's way of shutting people up...

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
        lol you guys are fools if you think this is gonna do anything. If anything comes from this, Raptors are gonna get fined for complaining or something. When anyone voices an opinion that reflect badly on the NBA in anyway, regardless of how small, they usually get fined. It's the NBA's way of shutting people up...
        If they sent an official complaint I don't think they would be fined.

Comment

It doesn't matter whether or not they get fined, at least they're bringing this out to light. The same way Phil Jackson would complain about the reffing against his own players. All it takes is to get noticed. In the very least, it's showing that we're not going to be push overs... yeah, some may see it as whining but every complaint is a form of whining...
          #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
            If they sent an official complaint I don't think they would be fined.
            Agreed. It's when they say stuff through the media that fines get handed out. I'm sure this happens a lot more than people think.

Comment

phillythekid wrote: View Post
              Agreed. It's when they say stuff through the media that fines get handed out. I'm sure this happens a lot more than people think.
              Exactly. It's the way the NBA deals with this kinda stuff. They don't like what you say? They fine you...

Comment

Complaints from the Raps never work.

Remember this? The NBA sent an official video to show that the refs calls were "correct" (Hint: They don't show Casey calling the timeout.)

TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Great move in my opinion. Even if the get fined so be it. That would be even better in fact. Companies don't send cease and desist letters because they want to go to court, it's to scare you in to stopping doing whatever you're doing. In context, the Raptors don't expect a "hey you're right and we're sorry" they're putting it out there so it stops and refs have it in their heads that "maybe I should give this call to TO because they will think (or know) that Im effing them with an unlubed dildo." Good tactical move to get slight advantage over the course of the seaz!

Comment

Ya even if the raptors get fined atleast it's in the back of the officials minds that we are upset with the no calls that are going on. It definitely couldn't hurt.

Comment

FINALLY.

Ive asked about official ways of referee appeals for a while now, I guess no one actually knows when it happens because the NBA doesn't like the bad press.

This is great news. Hopefully the employer will set things right with its employees.
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

not gonna help, just going to make us look like crybabies.. we dont get calls cause we are "soft" and canadian in my opinion
                        No Dissrespect...
                        With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

Lots of teams do this when they feel like things are getting out of hand. Who knows what happens though? The L will never reveal it. I'm sure if they see it the teams way they may send out a notice to all the refs saying something along the lines of "pay attention, you're making us look bad" or "we've noticed some sloppy play calling on x types of plays involving x types of players, if this continues to be an issue repeated offenders will be punished, fined etc". It's all kept so close to the vest with the refs and the league though we'll never know.
                          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                            you only get fined if you complain in post game interview or to media. Sending in video to the league is fine and a good idea.
                            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

In some ways complaining about reffing to the media and accepting a fine is more worth it than submitting an official complaint. The NBA can't hide or bury what's out there in the media, wheras official complaints will get you a "duly noted" memo from the NBA with no changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X