Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors send in complaint about Reffing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as this league allows "star" calls, then complaining about bad officiating with the league is a reasonable response.

Comment

I'd be shocked if there's a fine associated with this. The NBA has official self-improvement avenues, and I believe this is one of them.

At the very least, as mentioned above, refs will be more consciously aware of the previous discrepancies the Raptors were dealing with.

Comment

Why would they be fined? What are people talking about? Every team in the NBA does this. Every year.

Comment

RPT23 wrote: View Post
          It doesn't matter whether or not they get fined, at least they're bringing this out to light. The same way Phil Jackson would complain about the reffing against his own players. All it takes is to get noticed. In the very least, it's showing that we're not going to be push overs... yeah, some may see it as whining but every complaint is a form of whining...
          The Phil Jackson approach did result in fines. At least he could afford it as he was making 12 million per season. I like his logic, figuring that "going through the proper channels" would have zero effect, but giving officials a chance to read about their ineptitude in the papers would get his message across and influence public opinion, potentially influence future calls.

Comment

Happy to hear this.

Refs will be wary now. For sure there will be no backlash because now they know they are under the spotlight when it comes to Raps games.

Now i hope some other team puts in a complaint so that the legitimacy of refs stupidity will be validated.

Comment

Wake up and smell the coffee. This official complaint of officiating, if in fact it is official, will go nowhere and will have no impact on the officiating of Raptors games. It's just a formality, an internal process for teams to vent and complain.

Really now, if the Raptors want some respect, the best thing to do is go out and win a bunch of games.

Comment

Much ado about nothing. As others have pointed out, teams are constantly sending these things in to the league. The league might mention something to certain officials if they find evidence of consistently missing certain types of calls, but aside from that nothing will come of it. Officials already review every game they work, and if they missed calls they're going to see them.

Comment

Probably will go nowhere. But watching some of these games how our guys get clobbered and get a no call, but on the other end of the floor then most gentle of finger grazes gets a foul call...something is up. It's been this way for a long time, it ain't nothin' new at all. I think submitting the official complaint is good, but the best thing to do now is to just get W's. Just get out there, make shots, keep driving to the lane (call or no call), play D and win games. That's the only way to earn respect.

Comment

Working...
                  X