Brotherston @ HoopsWorld.com: Fields is not a bust afterall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have to cut some slack to Fields

I'm not a medical doctor, but I know how to google. lol.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00069

Weakening of the grip and difficulty with finger coordination
    Ulnar nerve anterior transposition. More commonly, the nerve is moved from its place behind the medial epicondyle to a new place in front of it. This is called an anterior transposition of the ulnar nerve. The nerve can be moved to lie under the skin and fat but on top of the muscle (subcutaneous transposition), within the muscle (intermuscular transposition) or under the muscle (submuscular transposition).
    Surgical Outcome

The results of surgery are generally good. Each method of surgery has a similar success rate for routine cases of nerve compression. If the nerve is very badly compressed or if there is muscle wasting, the nerve may not be able to return to normal and some symptoms may remain even after the surgery. Nerves recover slowly, and it may take a long time to know how well the nerve will do after surgery.

Seems like a legitimate operation. Hopefully Landry will return post All-Star game. Until then, we'll have to suck it up and give the guy some slack.

Comment

RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
      I'm not a medical doctor, but I know how to google. lol.

Seems like a legitimate operation. Hopefully Landry will return post All-Star game. Until then, we'll have to suck it up and give the guy some slack.

Well I'd certainly hope so.

Comment

The only expectation I had from Fields is that he turns out to be better than Kapono. And from the first few games he played in he surprisingly played worse (which is a miracle). Since there is an actual issue that needs to be corrected the only thing I can do is continue to wait and see and assume the games he played in were just write offs.

Comment

Last I checked basketball players need and use their hands.

So yeah, I'd say the surgery he just had on it is a legit reason for the suckage.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Obviously thus far he's has been terrible, but the injury seems like a legitimate reason for the suckage. I'm going to hold off labeling him a complete bust until we see him at full strength.
            Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

@alexhaggispinch

Toronto Raptors
            Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
            Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

Comment

alexaussie wrote: View Post
              Obviously thus far he's has been terrible, but the injury seems like a legitimate reason for the suckage. I'm going to hold off labeling him a complete bust until we see him at full strength.
              I thought in the pre-season and the early games he was playing good positional basketball. He was making cuts, drawing his man away form the ball (opening up the inside for other team members) and getting himself open. He made some pretty passes, the kind that showed good court vision. If the operation fixes things so that he can hold a basketball again, I expect him to be an asset.

Comment

No question he's been extremely disappointing up until now. I think he was relieved to hear that it was something physiological that he could blame his shooting woes on, so that he could tell the media "You see, I don't suck, it's the nerve in my arm". So, he's safe for now, but all he's really done is delay the debate a little on whether BryCo made a big mistake signing him for the money that he did.

Comment

Working...
                X