Thornton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thornton?

Does anyone think it would be possible to snatch Al Thornton from the Clips?

Rasho +2nd round pick +cash for Thornton?

I know this is outlandish, but the Clips seem to be losing faith in this kid, his minutes are way down and he's always on the bench come crunch time (mainly because of Butler's ability to defend the 3 spot) plus Dunleavys chastised the kid a few times this year . Yet I still beleive he and E.Gordon have some serious talent just waiting to be unleashed (Gordan's being realized the day Baron stops ball hogging or leaves town)

I'm pretty sure the clips wouldnt do this, but does anyone think BC could package somehting together for him? Insight is appreciated

What does he have to offer us? Can't shoot the three..poor scorer, poor rebounder.
    And I doubt he has any upside remaining..just turned 26.

How is he an upgrade over Wright? If he can't even defend the 3, then his is far worse.

Basically, it looks very bad that Rasual Butler took all his minutes. He is not known as a defender.

Comment

meh. it's not like the raps are giving up much (but please, no more throwing draft picks away in deals). thornton's a decent player, but what hole does he fill for the raps? i'd say he's about average defensively, doesn't rebound much, is a streaky shooter...sounds kinda familiar, actually.
      TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

16.8ppg, 5.2rpg, .9 blk, 45% fg as a starter last year ( his 2nd in the league). Hes definitly an upgrade over Wright, and the fact that he can rebound is one of the reasons I'd go after him(kaman and camby gobble up alot of rebounds) He is a bit of a streaky shooter, but when he drives the lane he is very successful. His range is limited to about 19ft with the jump shot, but do we really need another 3pt shooter? Its one of the main reasons we don't get alot of Off reb, all our guys hang out at the 3pt line. The only real knock on his game is he loses focus on the court and misses assignments on D, and is why Dunleavy is on the hate train with him. I like his game, and if he could be taken for little to nothing Id be all over it.

Comment

No, the Clips will not be giving him up. He's got a cheap contract for the next couple years, I just don't see Sterling parting with such value.

Comment

Rasho and a 2nd for Thornton? The Clips would laugh in our faces.

Comment

in the immortal words of KG...anything is possible!!!

pretty much all trades are financially motivated by at least one side. I don't think the clips are making any money and they have a pretty hefty pay roll. They are hoping to major buyers in 2010 free agency and looking to unload payroll right now.

I don't see how getting rid of Thorton really addresses those issues, unless Sterling is thinking long term and unwilling to lock him up. This is a league where the reigning defensive player of the year (Camby) can get traded for a 2nd round pick.

I really like Al's game and think he would be a great fit.

Comment

Working...
              X