Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Barg gots to go

Raptors Republic Starter imaginelino's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ab7 wrote: View Post
    as on of his biggest fan an defender (named ab7) i am now at ease with the fact i was wrong
    and he need to go for us to be successfull

at this point i dont even care what we get ill take the cap releif and addition by substration

still early or fact?

i say fact
    Sadly I feel the same way, I have seen the light, his impact on the floor is a big negative and we are losing a chunk
    Offensive with him on the floor. I think at this point management see's this and a trade is in the works.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still trying to figure out why this reaction from fans took this long. It's about 3 years overdue. He's the same player he's always been.

What's even more mind-boggling is how people are STILL defending him. Fanboyism is bordering on extreme psychosis.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another fan fed up with Bargniani

Bargniani needs to go but I doubt Colangelo has the balls to admit he lost his
    gamble to trade him right now.

I think this would have to wait until the 2013 off season.

First Colangelo needs to be let go. I mean if the team does not make the Play Offs then
    why in the world would he deserve an extension anyways?
    So whoever comes in after Colangelo has to make a priority getting rid of Il Mago.

So going into the free agent season, Jefferson and Millsap are both free agents and I doubt Utah will be able
    to sign both guys. I think their prefrence will be to sign Jefferson.

I think if the Raptors amnesty Kleiza (because he is the perfect candidate, his knee is done basically)
    they will be about 8 millions under the cap and maybe that will be enough to sign Millsap.

So this is one scenario to consider, trading Bargs and going after Millsap.

Unless a miracle happens and Bargniani starts playing like an all star, the Raps make the Play Off and Colangelo gets an extension. Very Unlikely!

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote benitonicoya wrote: View Post
    Bargniani needs to go but I doubt Colangelo has the balls to admit he lost his
    gamble to trade him right now.

I think this would have to wait until the 2013 off season.

First Colangelo needs to be let go. I mean if the team does not make the Play Offs then
    why in the world would he deserve an extension anyways?
    So whoever comes in after Colangelo has to make a priority getting rid of Il Mago.

So going into the free agent season, Jefferson and Millsap are both free agents and I doubt Utah will be able
    to sign both guys. I think their prefrence will be to sign Jefferson.

I think if the Raptors amnesty Kleiza (because he is the perfect candidate, his knee is done basically)
    they will be about 8 millions under the cap and maybe that will be enough to sign Millsap.

So this is one scenario to consider, trading Bargs and going after Millsap.

Unless a miracle happens and Bargniani starts playing like an all star, the Raps make the Play Off and Colangelo gets an extension. Very Unlikely!
    The problem in free agency is other teams are fishing as well. Houston has a big hole at PF and just $40M in contracts next year.

Just to clarify, Colangelo still has a team option for a 3rd year on this contract. He is in year 2 of the current 3 year deal.

I also would not be disappointed at BC's firing right now if it meant ridding Bargnani.

Raps with a couple of moves could easily have max money available but it still doesn't mean anything will come of it, unfortunately.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

a collective RR mind >>>>>>>>> Brian Colangelo

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the good thing about attracting Jefferson or Millsap is that they for sure remember Toronto - after the 2 multiple OT games this year and last.

I'm not sure if that means anything, but they gotta have that in the back of their heads.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

The thing is, Casey's still putting the ball in his hands at crunch time.

Andrea getting big minutes and playing like he's on prozac is killing the team spirit. Guys like Ed, J.L and Kleiza must be thinking WTF ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote wtfraps wrote: View Post
    a collective RR mind >>>>>>>>> Brian Colangelo
    These execs who ride their father's reputation live in a fish bowl. They don't understand how things look from the perspective of the hoi polloi.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoah, I just checked Hoopshype here:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

The dude's got 2 more years on his current deal. Can he be dealt to the Lakers for Pau already?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6pgqb82
    Last edited by Balls of Steel; Sun Nov 18th, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I know it's been said a million times before but it's just so damn frustrating to watch him play. I have no idea why teams don't pick up on the fact that he's a lazy defender. He's very one-dimensional on offense and always has been...if he has a bad shooting night he has a bad game because he can't do anything else consistently! Gosh, I cringe every time someone falls for his pump fake...
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I know it's been said a million times before but it's just so damn frustrating to watch him play. I have no idea why teams don't pick up on the fact that he's a lazy defender. He's very one-dimensional on offense and always has been...if he has a bad shooting night he has a bad game because he can't do anything else consistently! Gosh, I cringe every time someone falls for his pump fake...
    i feel the exact same way man

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    With all this talk about players being held accountable, I am dissapointed more in Dwayne Casey for having such a long leash on Bargnani while keeping someone who is hungrier like Ed Davis on a much shorter leash.

The coach has to be accountable for this.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    With all this talk about players being held accountable, I am dissapointed more in Dwayne Casey for having such a long leash on Bargnani while keeping someone who is hungrier like Ed Davis on a much shorter leash.

The coach has to be accountable for this.
    I'm not sure how hungry ED is as his motor is often inconsistent, in my opinion.

With that said, I definitely think it has to be frustrating for ED as a teammate of Bargnani's. Casey is calling him out ("Make your minutes count vs. counting your minutes") and being told that effort and defense is what is needed from him, yet look at AB. That is the type of 'c-word' I am talking about. There is a glaring double standard in Toronto and it is a great way to poison team moral when one player is held to a different (and lower) set of standards.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure how hungry ED is as his motor is often inconsistent, in my opinion.

With that said, I definitely think it has to be frustrating for ED as a teammate of Bargnani's. Casey is calling him out ("Make your minutes count vs. counting your minutes") and being told that effort and defense is what is needed from him, yet look at AB. That is the type of 'c-word' I am talking about. There is a glaring double standard in Toronto and it is a great way to poison team moral when one player is held to a different (and lower) set of standards.
    I know Bargs is arguably the most "talented" player on the team but no one really believes he's putting that talent to it's best use. That has to really bug Ed, but he's also gotta get past this on again/off again play. I've heard he and DD are tight and DD is a gym rat but I just don't get the feeling ED is as hard a worker. Maybe he is but inconsistency is often a sign of a poor work ethic but maybe it's a mental thing with him getting discouraged by working hard and watching AB coast through 25 minutes of a 30 minute workload.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I want Ed to be our future PF. Screw Bargnani

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I want Ed to be our future PF. Screw Bargnani
    I really like Davis, but the problem I see with him starting instead of Bargnani, is that he and Valanciuncas would clog the paint so much that DeRozan/Lowry would have no lanes to penetrate. Plus, the entire opposition defense could sag in from the 3pt line, since there wouldn't be a long-range threat on the court, unless DeRozan becomes the primary ball-handler (as if) and Lowry camps out behind the arc.

Despite his extremely sluggish (being polite) start, Bargnani does a lot for his teammates that isn't captured on the stat sheet. He's still enough of an offensive threat that the opponents gameplan to stop him. When he plays outside it draws out one of the opposition's 2 best interior defenders and, simply by spreading the floor, he creates more lanes for DeRozan/Lowry to penetrate and for Fields to run around looking for backdoor cuts. When he draws double-teams, which he still does despite his inefficient scoring so far, he also opens up teammates for open looks. I also see him and DeRozan developing an on-court chemistry that wasn't there last season, especially with Bargnani's ability to set picks on DeRozan's defender as he's receiving the ball, giving him separation to either spot-up or make his initial move to get to the basket.

I just think Bargnani is a better fit with the starting unit than Davis is, as long as Valanciunas is the starting C and the offense is dependent on DeRozan/Lowry being able to penetrate consistently.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Nov 20th, 2012 at 04:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan seems to have an ok 3pt shot. Its just not amazing, I'm sure fields will come back with a much better shot and lowry is lights out from deep. I'd say its a pretty good lineup, Ed just need to polish up his post up game and mid range jumper

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ed is more of a pivot, JV is more of a mobile PnR type, they compliment eachother in my opinion!

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Ed is more of a pivot, JV is more of a mobile PnR type, they compliment eachother in my opinion!
    need someone to drop that elbow jumper or further or they will be in each others way i think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information