No announcement yet.

Barg gots to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honestly trade him for derrick favors and a pick ffs or millsap or josh smith i dont care just someone who plays some defence and can rebound. We can score just fine a young player or a young veteran would work lovely IMO

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
      And to think he had everybody fooled last year during that 16 game stretch. Even me, who's pretty much hated him since year 2.
      Everyone was fooled? I think there are more than a few that would say otherwise

He brings a contagious attitude to the team in my opinion.
      while it could become contagious, I don't think thats so much the case as everyone needs to work so much harder to cover for him and then on top of that put in more effort rebounding.

You build around a players strengths, you don't build to compensate their weakness. When you do that you still retain the weakness.

Comment

There's no doubt he's struggling and there's no doubt he should be traded. Doesn't mean we trade him for just about anything IMO. Personally not so much but some post's clearly talk about how big fan's of AB they were. It only means that he has earned some respect around the league. At an early part of a rebuilding stage, trading him for the sake of trading him would be unwise and could come back to haunt us. BC and Co. should be patient.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

it would be addition by subtraction. Anything we get back is just bonus. We don't need his mediocre 3pt shooting on offense, and we really don't need his immobile lazy butt on help rotations and rebounds on defense... How could we get any worse then with him on the court?!
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

if bargs realizes his true potential, he will rack up maybe 2, or hell even 3, 6th man of the year awards. This man is not a 1st or 2nd option. This franchise is a joke to the NBA who see us developing around a primo-eating, put your head down and driving, horrible ball IQ bust. I sure they dont see him in the same way BC, or we use to see him. Lets run this train off its track ASAP. please, i love this team, i wanna see some meaningful basketball games.

Get rid of BC. Trade DD, BARGS n JOSE for picks. Rebuild like a MOFO.

Comment

ab7 wrote: View Post
              as on of his biggest fan an defender (named ab7) i am now at ease with the fact i was wrong
              and he need to go for us to be successfull

at this point i dont even care what we get ill take the cap releif and addition by substration

still early or fact?

i say fact
              Sadly I feel the same way, I have seen the light, his impact on the floor is a big negative and we are losing a chunk
              Offensive with him on the floor. I think at this point management see's this and a trade is in the works.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out why this reaction from fans took this long. It's about 3 years overdue. He's the same player he's always been.

What's even more mind-boggling is how people are STILL defending him. Fanboyism is bordering on extreme psychosis.

Comment

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...84-Desparation

Comment

Another fan fed up with Bargniani

Bargniani needs to go but I doubt Colangelo has the balls to admit he lost his
                    gamble to trade him right now.

I think this would have to wait until the 2013 off season.

First Colangelo needs to be let go. I mean if the team does not make the Play Offs then
                    why in the world would he deserve an extension anyways?
                    So whoever comes in after Colangelo has to make a priority getting rid of Il Mago.

So going into the free agent season, Jefferson and Millsap are both free agents and I doubt Utah will be able
                    to sign both guys. I think their prefrence will be to sign Jefferson.

I think if the Raptors amnesty Kleiza (because he is the perfect candidate, his knee is done basically)
                    they will be about 8 millions under the cap and maybe that will be enough to sign Millsap.

So this is one scenario to consider, trading Bargs and going after Millsap.

Unless a miracle happens and Bargniani starts playing like an all star, the Raps make the Play Off and Colangelo gets an extension. Very Unlikely!

Comment

benitonicoya wrote: View Post
                      Bargniani needs to go but I doubt Colangelo has the balls to admit he lost his
                      gamble to trade him right now.

I think this would have to wait until the 2013 off season.

First Colangelo needs to be let go. I mean if the team does not make the Play Offs then
                      why in the world would he deserve an extension anyways?
                      So whoever comes in after Colangelo has to make a priority getting rid of Il Mago.

So going into the free agent season, Jefferson and Millsap are both free agents and I doubt Utah will be able
                      to sign both guys. I think their prefrence will be to sign Jefferson.

I think if the Raptors amnesty Kleiza (because he is the perfect candidate, his knee is done basically)
                      they will be about 8 millions under the cap and maybe that will be enough to sign Millsap.

So this is one scenario to consider, trading Bargs and going after Millsap.

Unless a miracle happens and Bargniani starts playing like an all star, the Raps make the Play Off and Colangelo gets an extension. Very Unlikely!
                      The problem in free agency is other teams are fishing as well. Houston has a big hole at PF and just $40M in contracts next year.

Just to clarify, Colangelo still has a team option for a 3rd year on this contract. He is in year 2 of the current 3 year deal.

I also would not be disappointed at BC's firing right now if it meant ridding Bargnani.

Raps with a couple of moves could easily have max money available but it still doesn't mean anything will come of it, unfortunately.

Comment

a collective RR mind >>>>>>>>> Brian Colangelo

Comment

Well the good thing about attracting Jefferson or Millsap is that they for sure remember Toronto - after the 2 multiple OT games this year and last.

I'm not sure if that means anything, but they gotta have that in the back of their heads.
                          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

The thing is, Casey's still putting the ball in his hands at crunch time.

Andrea getting big minutes and playing like he's on prozac is killing the team spirit. Guys like Ed, J.L and Kleiza must be thinking WTF ???

Comment

wtfraps wrote: View Post
                              a collective RR mind >>>>>>>>> Brian Colangelo
                              These execs who ride their father's reputation live in a fish bowl. They don't understand how things look from the perspective of the hoi polloi.

Comment

Whoah, I just checked Hoopshype here:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

The dude's got 2 more years on his current deal. Can he be dealt to the Lakers for Pau already?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6pgqb82
                                Last edited by Balls of Steel; Sun Nov 18, 2012, 09:44 AM.
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X