Thread: Just 20 minutes

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just 20 minutes

This is my plea to Dwane Casey. Can Ed Davis just get 20 minutes a game. Like the kid is double double waiting to happen. I'd rather know that my PF is going to give me 10 and 10 a night than one that could offer an inefficient 20 and 5.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

haha fool. DC n BC dont listen to peasants like you. AB is the future of this franchise, and DD is his side kick, and AJ is 6th man of the year. Fuck JV, TR n ED.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote wtfraps wrote: View Post
    haha fool. DC n BC dont listen to peasants like you. AB is the future of this franchise, and DD is his side kick, and AJ is 6th man of the year. Fuck JV, TR n ED.
    Who the fuck are you to call anyone a peasant? Ease up.

I agree, Ed works harder, that's just enough of a reason to be in the starting lineup in general.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Who the fuck are you to call anyone a peasant? Ease up.

I agree, Ed works harder, that's just enough of a reason to be in the starting lineup in general.
    da dude was jus pullin legs man! chill out! complete sarcasm there

i can see everybody being so frustarated rie now.. ha ha ha
    just another raptors season unfolding

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree 1000%. The guy leads the team in rebounding from the bench. It wouldn't affect the offense as much as he probably thinks. I actually think the bench would be better off with bargs coming off the bench for instant offense.. Sometimes instant offense.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

the media needs to be harsher on bargnani, it's the only way for our voices to be heard.......

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    the media needs to be harsher on bargnani, it's the only way for our voices to be heard.......
    I thought you were done with the team? What did that last, like 20 minutes?

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive been saying start Ed and bench Bargs for 5 games now!!!!!

Ed is a new man this season, we NEED TO GIVE HIM BURN!

Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree Ed's earned himself the right to some extra minutes. He's been grabbing offensive boards, playing D and getting putbacks. I like having him and Valanciunas on the floor cause then we have two really quick bigs that can exploit a lot of guys, but then again, Valanciunas is usually in foul trouble so that's not going to happen all that often!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

People might think i'm crazy but i think Ed is faster than Bargnani. The dude is really quick when he has the ball, reminds me a bit of bosh. He just can't dribble too well and his shot is still a work in progress. I'd like to start Ed beside JV, that would be a very quick and effective front court in terms of Defense

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    People might think i'm crazy but i think Ed is faster than Bargnani. The dude is really quick when he has the ball, reminds me a bit of bosh. He just can't dribble too well and his shot is still a work in progress. I'd like to start Ed beside JV, that would be a very quick and effective front court in terms of Defense
    +1. Ed and JV would be young, and make some mistakes, offensively we might be giving up some. BUT, defensively, rebounding and being in position shouldn't be a huge problem compared to if Bargnani was in the lineup. Bargnani's deficiencies are all being taken on by the rookie big man.

I like the way Ed has worked this season. Rebounding, being on the help side, bigger, tougher, and offensively has been pretty solid. I would actually like to see him get more than 20 minutes some nights, when Andrea is just not playing near average.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

if only ed davis had the offensive skill set of Paul Millsap. *Sigh*

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed overall. I would love to see Davis get more minutes, the kids has been working his butt off and deserves a shot. What he is excelling at is what we need more of, so it makes sense to atleas try it out.

Post Thanks / Like

he's got an amazing nose for the ball on rebounds for sure. people say his shot is still broken but i think it's really improved.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Would love to see Ed get more time on the floor as well, but whose minutes are you going to cut? Most would say AB, but with Jose being the only other deep threat on the floor you can't bench AB or else it would be too easy for teams to clog the paint and take away DD's ability to drive into the paint. Amir is on a roll right now (by the way I beleive I was the only one whom voted for Amir on the poll for the MIP, we did on this forum b4 the season started ) so you can't cut his minutes either. Obviously cutting JV's minutes are not an option either. Ed is going to have to be patient and continue to improve his game until an opportunity comes his way via injury or trade.

Post Thanks / Like

I never thought about the lack of outside shooting...
    Damn we need a sharpshooting SF....

Post Thanks / Like

Well out of lowry, Calderon, Ross, Lucas, Kleiza, Anderson, Derozan, Fields

Only 2 have the capabilities of shooting +40% this season at 3pt..

Post Thanks / Like

I actually thought a lineup with Bargnani & Davis together played quite well. I believe it was in the 3rd quarter, when Bargnani had it going, with Davis battling for rebounds underneath at both ends. They actually seemed to compliment each other quite well, much the same way Bargnani and Amir used to (before Amir started drifting out towards the 3pt line a little too much).

My biggest beef is that Casey left Bargnani out for nearly 11 minutes of the quarter, despite the fact that we all know his conditioning isn't good enough for that kind of extended play. He started the quarter on fire and then wound up missing his last few shots becuase he was clearly out of gas and had no legs in his shot.

I totally agree that Davis has earned more playing time. Or he's done a good job of increasing his trade value. My only concern about dropping Bargnani is that Valanciunas/Gray/Amir/Davis just don't provide enough consistent offense. Even if Bargnani's shot isn't dropping, he's still enough of a threat to force teams to gameplan against him, which opens up lanes for guys like DeRozan & Lowry and gives open outside looks to teammates when the opposition double-teams him. Another area where I think he's underrated, is his ability to read plays and set great screens to get DeRozan open for passes on cuts. But I digress, Davis is definitely a much improved player.

Thread Information