Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: GT: Toronto vs. Orlando November 18.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote phez wrote: View Post
    well im glad raptors got 5 turnovers for the half instead of the first 3 minutes
    +1, that was horrid the other day..

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't get it, but Casey is always able to get his troops to play well in the 2nd game of the back to back. However they seem to always suck in that first game.

Good win today... they needed it.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    John Lucas is really, really, really bad.
    Lucas is a chucker. And he takes way too many ill advised, difficult shots.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Lucas is a chucker. And he takes way too many ill advised, difficult shots.
    whole heartedly agree. A great example of why preseason is BS, lots of folks round here claiming Jose was expendable cuz JL3 was the next great thing.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

also, can we get JV some more looks? calderon just fucking ignores him like the plague. always passes to bargs who's shots rim off way outside of the paint so JV cant even get that rebound.

the faster jv can learn the ropes of nba style play, the more lethal an option he becomes. right now so much wasted potential.

i mean, so what if he fouls out? casey benches him for the rest of the game with even just 4 fouls. raps go over the team limit by 4 minutes into the quarter anyways.

can i get some lowry-derozan-jv love ?!

Post Thanks / Like

Phez, I agree Val needs to be given more looks, but they double him quick, cause pressure on the rookie, and usually force a turnover! Since he is our 4th option on the field most of the time, Calderon looks for derozan on the cut, or bargnani on the high post as Val attracts defenders with his rolling.

Once he starts scoring as well though, he will attract more attention every time he rolls, thus opening more space for bargs/DD to operate

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote minks77 wrote: View Post
    whole heartedly agree. A great example of why preseason is BS, lots of folks round here claiming Jose was expendable cuz JL3 was the next great thing.
    I still think Lucas is capable of handling the backup duties if Calderon is traded. All it would take is for Casey to enforce a little better shot selection.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I still think Lucas is capable of handling the backup duties if Calderon is traded. All it would take is for Casey to enforce a little better shot selection.
    Really? Just curious as to why he could take over as our primary PG off the bench? The only reason he looked good in the preseason was because he was hitting ridiculous and ill advised shots. I was saying back then that I hate his shot selection, but if you were to take that away from him he really doesn't give you anything else ie. assits, steals, defence...

If Casey were to enforce better shot selection what do you think Lucas would bring to the team as the main pg off the bench?

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Really? Just curious as to why he could take over as our primary PG off the bench? The only reason he looked good in the preseason was because he was hitting ridiculous and ill advised shots. I was saying back then that I hate his shot selection, but if you were to take that away from him he really doesn't give you anything else ie. assits, steals, defence...

If Casey were to enforce better shot selection what do you think Lucas would bring to the team as the main pg off the bench?
    Let me preface by saying that I'd only expect 10-15 mins for Lucas, even as the primary backup, with Lowry playing 35ish minutes.

But I think Lucas is capable of penetrating a half-court defense (when our offense stalls), pushing the ball in transition, and defending the pick n roll.

A "no shots with greater than 10 seconds on the clock (unless wide open)" rule would work for me

EDIT: His job would be to hold down the fort while Lowry takes a breather. Nothing more.

2nd EDIT: Definitely no more nonsensical 2-PG lineups
    Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Nov 19th, 2012 at 12:36 PM.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Lucas is the ultimate streaker. Though apparently in Chicago his 40% Fg was touted as amazing instant offense off the bench (according to fans). Id say he does some miraculous things (Utah 3pter!), and thats why his 40% FG looks amazing to fans.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I find that Calderone only passes to Bargs when he is completely open; always looking for Derozan or Amir...Just my observations...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Halifax Raps Fan wrote: View Post
    Actually I find that Calderone only passes to Bargs when he is completely open; always looking for Derozan or Amir...Just my observations...
    +1

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Let me preface by saying that I'd only expect 10-15 mins for Lucas, even as the primary backup, with Lowry playing 35ish minutes.

But I think Lucas is capable of penetrating a half-court defense (when our offense stalls), pushing the ball in transition, and defending the pick n roll.

A "no shots with greater than 10 seconds on the clock (unless wide open)" rule would work for me

EDIT: His job would be to hold down the fort while Lowry takes a breather. Nothing more.

2nd EDIT: Definitely no more nonsensical 2-PG lineups
    That'd be great if he could pick n choose his spots better. Still can't see him running a unit or defending at all. It's especially worrisome with such a reckless playing PG ahead of him.

I'll admit to being a lil PG spoiled after all these years. If Jose leaves via trade it had better be as a key component that nets the raps something very valuable.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Halifax Raps Fan wrote: View Post
    that is because bargnani is clueless in a pick n roll. Amir is the go-to-guy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information