No announcement yet.

GT: Toronto vs. Orlando November 18.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phez, I agree Val needs to be given more looks, but they double him quick, cause pressure on the rookie, and usually force a turnover! Since he is our 4th option on the field most of the time, Calderon looks for derozan on the cut, or bargnani on the high post as Val attracts defenders with his rolling.

Once he starts scoring as well though, he will attract more attention every time he rolls, thus opening more space for bargs/DD to operate
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
      whole heartedly agree. A great example of why preseason is BS, lots of folks round here claiming Jose was expendable cuz JL3 was the next great thing.
      I still think Lucas is capable of handling the backup duties if Calderon is traded. All it would take is for Casey to enforce a little better shot selection.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I still think Lucas is capable of handling the backup duties if Calderon is traded. All it would take is for Casey to enforce a little better shot selection.
        Really? Just curious as to why he could take over as our primary PG off the bench? The only reason he looked good in the preseason was because he was hitting ridiculous and ill advised shots. I was saying back then that I hate his shot selection, but if you were to take that away from him he really doesn't give you anything else ie. assits, steals, defence...

If Casey were to enforce better shot selection what do you think Lucas would bring to the team as the main pg off the bench?

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          Really? Just curious as to why he could take over as our primary PG off the bench? The only reason he looked good in the preseason was because he was hitting ridiculous and ill advised shots. I was saying back then that I hate his shot selection, but if you were to take that away from him he really doesn't give you anything else ie. assits, steals, defence...

If Casey were to enforce better shot selection what do you think Lucas would bring to the team as the main pg off the bench?
          Let me preface by saying that I'd only expect 10-15 mins for Lucas, even as the primary backup, with Lowry playing 35ish minutes.

But I think Lucas is capable of penetrating a half-court defense (when our offense stalls), pushing the ball in transition, and defending the pick n roll.

A "no shots with greater than 10 seconds on the clock (unless wide open)" rule would work for me

EDIT: His job would be to hold down the fort while Lowry takes a breather. Nothing more.

2nd EDIT: Definitely no more nonsensical 2-PG lineups
          Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Nov 19, 2012, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Lucas is the ultimate streaker. Though apparently in Chicago his 40% Fg was touted as amazing instant offense off the bench (according to fans). Id say he does some miraculous things (Utah 3pter!), and thats why his 40% FG looks amazing to fans.
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Actually I find that Calderone only passes to Bargs when he is completely open; always looking for Derozan or Amir...Just my observations...

Comment

Halifax Raps Fan wrote: View Post
                Actually I find that Calderone only passes to Bargs when he is completely open; always looking for Derozan or Amir...Just my observations...
                +1

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Let me preface by saying that I'd only expect 10-15 mins for Lucas, even as the primary backup, with Lowry playing 35ish minutes.

But I think Lucas is capable of penetrating a half-court defense (when our offense stalls), pushing the ball in transition, and defending the pick n roll.

A "no shots with greater than 10 seconds on the clock (unless wide open)" rule would work for me

EDIT: His job would be to hold down the fort while Lowry takes a breather. Nothing more.

2nd EDIT: Definitely no more nonsensical 2-PG lineups
                  That'd be great if he could pick n choose his spots better. Still can't see him running a unit or defending at all. It's especially worrisome with such a reckless playing PG ahead of him.

I'll admit to being a lil PG spoiled after all these years. If Jose leaves via trade it had better be as a key component that nets the raps something very valuable.
                  LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Halifax Raps Fan wrote: View Post
                    that is because bargnani is clueless in a pick n roll. Amir is the go-to-guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X