No announcement yet.

so who we drafting next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though making playoffs for 5 seasons in a row is not impossible...
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Chad Ford from the Maui Invitational on the 2013 draft, making the Lowry deal look in a very positive light:

This is a down season, talent-wise, in the NCAA. “If Cody Zeller, Shabazz Muhammad, Nerlens Noel and James McAdoo are your top four picks, it’s going to be an ugly, ugly draft.” Other than McAdoo, I couldn’t find a scout or GM convinced there was another first-round prospect here. If Kabongo plays, that could be two. But that explains, in part, why the field is so weak.
      Source

Comment

You guys have to realize what a unique talent this guy is...

Bargnani has such a special skill set for a guy his size. We just have to harness his potential, and with a little more time, and a few breaks our way, Andrea Bargnani can be the focal point of a Championship offense in the NBA.

Everyone here has to forget this negativity, and just have faith that Bryan Colangelo has a fantastic conception of this team's potential, and its direction. We are slowly, but surely, building towards greatness here. People are panicing way to early right now.

What guys, I mean, we're only like 12 games in here. Sure, things aren't going as well as expected. There have been injuries during the last two years, but we are trending in a very positive direction.

DeRozan, Bargnani, Kleiza, Fields, Amir Johnson... These are great blue collar, lunch pail type of players, who are just such a solid core to build around.

With Lowry, Valanciunas, Ed Davis, and T. Ross, we have budding HOF'ers who are going to push this roster into contention.

Just stay positive you guys... This is a very well managed team, with some great pieces at bargain contracts. Every team short of the Heat and the Lakers are jealous of the Raps you can bet that!!

Go RapS!

Comment

I still like Archie Goodwin.
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

madeupid25 wrote: View Post
            You guys have to realize what a unique talent this guy is...

Bargnani has such a special skill set for a guy his size. We just have to harness his potential, and with a little more time, and a few breaks our way, Andrea Bargnani can be the focal point of a Championship offense in the NBA.

Everyone here has to forget this negativity, and just have faith that Bryan Colangelo has a fantastic conception of this team's potential, and its direction. We are slowly, but surely, building towards greatness here. People are panicing way to early right now.

What guys, I mean, we're only like 12 games in here. Sure, things aren't going as well as expected. There have been injuries during the last two years, but we are trending in a very positive direction.

DeRozan, Bargnani, Kleiza, Fields, Amir Johnson... These are great blue collar, lunch pail type of players, who are just such a solid core to build around.

With Lowry, Valanciunas, Ed Davis, and T. Ross, we have budding HOF'ers who are going to push this roster into contention.

Just stay positive you guys... This is a very well managed team, with some great pieces at bargain contracts. Every team short of the Heat and the Lakers are jealous of the Raps you can bet that!!

Go RapS!
            Wasnt this exact post posted in another thread?

Comment

madeupid25 wrote: View Post
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

note sarcasm!

Comment

You forgot quincy acy. He's the next dennis rodman

Comment

Looking through the current mock drafts.

All I can say is, "Wow!" and not in a good way.

This is a BAAAAD draft. Then again, the Raps are a bad team but I digress.

This draft is shaping up to be worst ever, in my opinion. It might even make 2000, 2002, and 2006 look something other than awful because 2013 is going to take awful to a whole new level.

Comment

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-mock-draft-12112/

Shabazz!

Comment

Meh. I still think this team will win 35-38 wins.

I would say this though, one player that has intrigued me in this draft is James McAdoo. I think he would be good a fit for us.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                          Meh. I still think this team will win 35-38 wins.

I would say this though, one player that has intrigued me in this draft is James McAdoo. I think he would be good a fit for us.
                          Raps already have a PF who shoots low 40%.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Looking through the current mock drafts.

All I can say is, "Wow!" and not in a good way.

This is a BAAAAD draft. Then again, the Raps are a bad team but I digress.

This draft is shaping up to be worst ever, in my opinion. It might even make 2000, 2002, and 2006 look something other than awful because 2013 is going to take awful to a whole new level.
                            Worst part is you just know one or two of the "top" guys will stay another year
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              Worst part is you just know one or two of the "top" guys will stay another year
                              Considering the Raps are going to lose their pick this season, not really a bad thing.

Otto Porter looks interesting statistically. But he is a 6'9" SF with a 7'1" wingspan who can't dunk in a game it seems.

This is a draft that seems to be big on PF's/C's and a couple of SG's none of which have tremendous upside. I can't get on the Shabazz train. He reminds me of a taller, left-handed OJ Mayo.... not that that is a bad thing just not a great thing.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Raps already have a PF who shoots low 40%.
                                McAdoo can play SF as well. And i think that's what he's project to be in the NBA. A SF.

Anyways, SF is the one position that the Raps seriously need to upgrade(along with PF). I think the only way you can upgrade that position is via draft. Rudy Gay is nothing but a wetdream.

There are 2 SF's in this draft that would awfully look good in a Raps uni. James McAdoo and Tony Mitchell.

Obviously the only way the Raps can get any of these guys is through trade. So why not try and trade for a top 10 pick come draft night? Bargnani + Ross for James McAdoo or Tony Mitchell.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X