2013 Free Agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Free Agents

I was strolling through the list of UFAs and a few names popped out at me for various reasons

Everyone listed here is a person I think would actually come here what we would likely have to pay and why I think they should be here/or what I feel they offer

Mo Williams : Salary Range (7 - 10) Role: Backup PG/6th man 3pt shooting etc: speed

Tony Allen: Salary Range (3 - 6) Role: Defensive stopper first wing off or starting SF

JJ Redick: Salary Range (6 - 9) Role: 6th man lights out shooter. Turning into a good defender

Raja Bell: Salary Range (3 - 5) Role: Solid Defender/3pt shot.

Stephen Jackson: Salary Range (6 - 10) Role: 3pt shot, excellent defender. Smart fiery player.

Paul Millsap: Salary Range (10-13) Role: Hustle, defense 3pt shot, rebounding. Veteran.

*Salary estimates are not my guess of what they are actually worth but what it would take to get them here
    Last edited by thead; Tue Nov 20, 2012, 01:02 PM.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

thead wrote: View Post
    I was strolling through the list of UFAs and a few names popped out at me for various reasons

Everyone listed here is a person I think would actually come here what we would likely have to pay and why I think they should be here/or what I feel they offer

Mo Williams : Salary Range (7 - 10) Role: Backup PG/6th man 3pt shooting etc: speed

Tony Allen: Salary Range (3 - 6) Role: Defensive stopper first wing off or starting SF

JJ Redick: Salary Range (6 - 9) Role: 6th man lights out shooter. Turning into a good defender

Raja Bell: Salary Range (3 - 5) Role: Solid Defender/3pt shot.

Stephen Jackson: Salary Range (6 - 10) Role: 3pt shot, excellent defender. Smart fiery player.

Paul Millsap: Salary Range (10-13) Role: Hustle, defense 3pt shot, rebounding. Veteran.

*Salary estimates are not my guess of what they are actually worth but what it would take to get them here
    While a few of these guys could be Ok additions, most are not worth the money or will not fit the roles you think they will.

Millsap would be solid, but he is not a 3 point shooter, the guy has made 28 total in his NBA career.
    Tony Allen as a back up 2 guard would be OK, but a 6'4' starting Small Forward....seriously?
    Mo Williams would not want to come back-up a PG that will get 35 plus minutes a night, the guy wants to start.
    JJ Reddick would be a nice 6th man, but not sure I want to give him 6-9 mil

The others I don't want to see in Toronto.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Millsap and Reddick are the only guys who even remotely interest me from that list. I assume both will be in high demand, likely leading to them getting overpaid.

Reddick is essentially what I think most of us hope Ross can become (with Ross being more athletic). He would seem a little redundant, unless Ross is part of a trade package for a starting SF. Eventually both would provide a complementary/change-of-pace look at SG behind DeRozan.

Millsap wouldn't have a place unless/until our current PF logjam (Bargnani/Amir/Davis) is resolved. I think he's the most likely free agent to get wildly overpaid.

Comment

Paul Millsap IMO is a guy Raps. should try to acquire. He'll be worth every cent. If they can replace Bargnani for a SF via trade, Millsap's addition will change us quite drastically.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Corey Brewer
          Brandon Rush
          Dorrell Wright
          Randy Foye
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

i expect millsap to be on the team already
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Dorrell Wright
              Paul Millsap

That would be a nice summer.

Comment

In case anyone was wondering I would eat a tea spoon of my own feces if our starting lineup next season was

Lowry, DeRozan, Kirilenko, Millsap, Valanciunas
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Dorrell Wright
                  Paul Millsap

That would be a nice summer.
                  Agreed.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    In case anyone was wondering I would eat a tea spoon of my own feces if our starting lineup next season was

Lowry, DeRozan, Kirilenko, Millsap, Valanciunas
                    Slow your roll Bear Grylls, wtf lol.
                    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

David West or Paul Milsap
                      Kwahi Leonard (if San Antonio doesn't pick up his team option...fat chance I know)

Comment

goodbye BC.

Millsap on a free would be a major feat for the new GM. They might be willing to let him go and roll with Favors. But other teams like Dallas, Boston might want him.

Val Millsap Granger Demar Lowry would be formidable if Val develops.

Comment

We are cash strapped this off season.. unless we trade Bargnani for cap space and/or amnesty him we won't be able to take on big salaries like what Millsap would want. Most we'd be able to offer is the MLE.. who'd be willing to come to the wraps for about $5.8M a year?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            We are cash strapped this off season.. unless we trade Bargnani for cap space and/or amnesty him we won't be able to take on big salaries like what Millsap would want. Most we'd be able to offer is the MLE.. who'd be willing to come to the wraps for about $5.8M a year?
                            As the Raps currently are, you are correct.

How to come up with Millsap money:

$2M in cap space currently projected for next season.
                            Cap goes up by $5M as speculated.
                            Trade ED for a pick $3.3M.
                            Amnesty Kleiza $4.6M.
                            $14.9M available.

The above would also mean renouncing Calderon, MLE, and still leaving a gaping hole at SF but Bargnani has not been amnestied so maybe he could return one.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              As the Raps currently are, you are correct.

How to come up with Millsap money:

$2M in cap space currently projected for next season.
                              Cap goes up by $5M as speculated.
                              Trade ED for a pick $3.3M.
                              Amnesty Kleiza $4.6M.
                              $14.9M available.

The above would also mean renouncing Calderon, MLE, and still leaving a gaping hole at SF but Bargnani has not been amnestied so maybe he could return one.
                              I forgot about the cap space increase. That could definitely help. However the pessimist in me says that every other team will have more cap space as well, so Millsap (who may be the most prized free agent) could have a lot of suitors.

Comment

Working...
                              X