Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: GT: Toronto vs. Philadelphia November 20.

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Its another dumb loss cause of stupid adjustments. Had casey put on a lineup of

Lowry
    DeRozan
    Maguire
    Amir
    JV

we would've won
    Are you looking for a stop with this line up? If so get Demar off ASAP cause he was getting lite up all night long (Cue the Lionel Ritchie)... Amir looked slower then Andrea vs the Pacers tonight. Amir played way too long and should have been subbed for JV half way through the 4th.

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They didn't start him cause they were being cautious
    He sat for five games how much more cautious can you get?

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    If I had a nickle for every time I read "trade Bargnani" from NoPropsneeded I'd have more money then Joe Johnson...

I agree JV should have played more and that T Ross deserves more burn.
    Haha its true man. I'm done with this guy, but tonights loss wasn't too much of his fault but he was part of it like he always is. It was mainly Casey's fault. T Ross needs to play, like seriously

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Demar wouldve been key to get some fouls on the offensive end plus he was never really 'burnt', he had decent close outs but Nick Young hit some incredibly tight shots tonight.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

What's with you guys wanting to trade Calderon. I don't get it.
    He's easily my all time fav raptor and deserves to have his jersey retired here.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you looking for a stop with this line up? If so get Demar off ASAP cause he was getting lite up all night long (Cue the Lionel Ritchie)... Amir looked slower then Andrea vs the Pacers tonight. Amir played way too long and should have been subbed for JV half way through the 4th.
    DeMar wasn't getting lit up, Nick Young was just hitting unrealistic shots. His Defense was actually very good. Amir was sorta gassed, we should've pulled him out for a bit

Post Thanks / Like

TdotTrizzy, the team is moving towards a more defensive and tough attitude. Granted, Jose is mentally tough, he is relatively slow and physically weak. His defense is porous at times, and we need a team that we can trust can get it done defensively.

Also his trade value is the highest atm, and you always sell high!

Post Thanks / Like

Haha its true man. I'm done with this guy, but tonights loss wasn't too much of his fault but he was part of it like he always is. It was mainly Casey's fault. T Ross needs to play, like seriously
    I'm one of the last non Bargnani haters who like TO. I'd actually go as far as saying he was one of our better players tonight. Casey is killing up late in games and doesn't know how to maintain a lead. Notice how he didn't play zone at all when Jose was getting torched off the dribble by Jrue. I wouldn't play zone with Richardson, Young, Wright and Jrue on the floor at once but I definitely would have when Turner was at the 3 and Thaddeous Young at the 4.

T Ross would have been great to guard Young tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

DeMar wasn't getting lit up, Nick Young was just hitting unrealistic shots. His Defense was actually very good. Amir was sorta gassed, we should've pulled him out for a bit
    Young and J Rich both won their match up vs Demar tonight no question.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I get that hes horrible on defense but so are half the other players we have.
    And he is the ONLY consistent person we have on offense.
    There's no other guard in the league that can average his assist with the same supporting cast
    (excluding Nash)
    I hate the idea of using our other back ups. They always have bad shot selection and most importantly don't make our other players better the way Jose does.
    Plus we have Kyle as our starter and I doubt he could stay healthy for an entire season with his style of play. He's like a pg version of gerald Wallace. We need that insurance back up pg that Jose brings.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

He loves the city and if he was to resign for 15 mil 3 year contract at the end of the season I would jump on that!

Post Thanks / Like

youre right, if Calderon wants to cut his paycheck in half during a time when he could probably have starter dollars on a competing team, then for sure we keep him! There wouldn't be a better backup in the league for that price!

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Young and J Rich both won their match up vs Demar tonight no question.
    In fairness, a lot of their points came from a Holiday drive and mad scrambling on the Raptors' part. His one on one defense was pretty good; Nick Young hit ridiculous shots. His close outs were not good, but it could have been prevented if LOWRY WAS MATCHED UP AGAINST HOLIDAY! Make Jose guard a camper if you're gonna leave him out there.

I will NEVER trust Jose to guard an athletic point guard. It's the reality. He's too slow and does a terrible job fighting over screens. He does a lot of things well; letting an athletic point burn him is one of them.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    In fairness, a lot of their points came from a Holiday drive and mad scrambling on the Raptors' part. His one on one defense was pretty good; Nick Young hit ridiculous shots. His close outs were not good, but it could have been prevented if LOWRY WAS MATCHED UP AGAINST HOLIDAY! Make Jose guard a camper if you're gonna leave him out there.

I will NEVER trust Jose to guard an athletic point guard. It's the reality. He's too slow and does a terrible job fighting over screens. He does a lot of things well; letting an athletic point burn him is one of them.
    I agree his one on one defense was decent for sure. But it wasn't as if he was fully committed to helping either. To me it seemed like Demar was in no mans land half way between helping and sticking with his man. Nick Young hit silly shots no doubt especially that corner 3 over Kleiza.

Lowry should have been on Young (is when the missed FG attempts were) or Holiday no question. Casey really dropped the ball tonight on the match ups.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Calderon getting more than 6 a year on a championship team.
    Keep in mind he's coming off the bench and is getting pretty old.

Post Thanks / Like

Casey really dropped the ball tonight on the match ups.
    Yep, and he's been disastrous all season to this point. Matchups, Rotations, offense and defense have all been horrid.

He's proving Minnesota right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TdotTrizzy wrote: View Post
    I don't see Calderon getting more than 6 a year on a championship team.
    Keep in mind he's coming off the bench and is getting pretty old.
    Calderon would start for most teams and probably get paid around 8 mil.
    as a starter this season he has averaged about 13 assists/game AND his TO/Ast has been the most elite in the league for the longest time.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Calderon could get 8 mil on shitty teams. No contender will pay him that much to come off the bench!
    And why would calderon leave Toronto for a mediocre team?
    He's never been the type of guy who chased money.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

And let's be real, andrea isn't better at defense. Demar is below average. John Lucas is to small to do anything. It's not just Calderon.
    And i think he has been playing better d the last two seasons, mainly through zone.
    Against athletic guards he'll her burned no doubt but at least the efforts there unlike bargs.
    The other day Calderon grabbed more rebounds than our bigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Explain to me again this new era of accountability and winning culture cause tonight, like most nights, looks like every other game from the last 4 years. Poor defense. Inability to close out games. Inexplicable lineups.

Casey bungled the 4th. Badly. But the personnel just ain't good enough to win these games. And we shouldn't be surprised cause this is just last year's team, plus Lowry.

Only bright spot: Val was good.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information