Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: Toronto vs. Philadelphia November 20.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    But then you have no offense. This team, like all other recent rosters, has all one-dimensional players. You can't have a balanced lineup. It's an impossible position for a coach.
    That's the thing though. It wasn't about looking for the most balanced lineup or the best match ups or whatever, it was as simple as: Jonas and Lowry are tearing it up on the P&R, Jonas is killing it on the boards, Amir is freaking GASSED (compare 6 fouls to JV's 0).

Finally, I made the mistake of checking Doug Smith's coverage of the end of the game. He was (typically) defending Casey's 4th Q rotation on the basis of Philly's going small. Thing is, even if that was Casey's reasoning, it's still indefensible because he had Bargs in! ANYONE BARGS CAN GUARD JV CAN GUARD BETTER. I just can't fathom how a coach can keep a hot JV off the floor for ostensibly 'matchup' reasons, while riding the 6'10 Amir and the 7'0 Bargnani to the bitter end.

As a wise man once said, "Inconceivable."

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Bright side: Kyle Lowry is back
      You could seriously feel his impact on this game, but defensively he wasn't getting any help.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• The members of this forum are clearly the only ones left who watch the Raps play, so I don't get why Casey won't give us what we want. We want to see the rookies play, if we are going to lose every game, we might as well lose with our rookies getting PT and development. Something to look forward to anyways.

Comment

• b2kelly wrote: View Post
          The members of this forum are clearly the only ones left who watch the Raps play, so I don't get why Casey won't give us what we want. We want to see the rookies play, if we are going to lose every game, we might as well lose with our rookies getting PT and development. Something to look forward to anyways.
          lol, I haven't watched a full Raptors game every since we lost to Brooklyn, this team is turrible. I'm waiting for the Raptors and MLSE to fire BC and give Alex Anthopoulos a part time GM spot.
          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
            lol, I haven't watched a full Raptors game every since we lost to Brooklyn, this team is turrible. I'm waiting for the Raptors and MLSE to fire BC and give Alex Anthopoulos a part time GM spot.
            I usually don't watch the whole game. The Raptors tend to play 3 good quarters, and 1 terrible one which costs them the game.

If they would just publicize which quarter ahead of time it would save me much consternation.

Comment

• wow, so is it just me that watches every single game, all 48 minutes of it?
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                wow, so is it just me that watches every single game, all 48 minutes of it?
                Nope, me too.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Nope, me too.
                  lol, I wake up, see the score and still watch all 48 on league pass!
                  LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
                    That's the thing though. It wasn't about looking for the most balanced lineup or the best match ups or whatever, it was as simple as: Jonas and Lowry are tearing it up on the P&R, Jonas is killing it on the boards, Amir is freaking GASSED (compare 6 fouls to JV's 0).

Finally, I made the mistake of checking Doug Smith's coverage of the end of the game. He was (typically) defending Casey's 4th Q rotation on the basis of Philly's going small. Thing is, even if that was Casey's reasoning, it's still indefensible because he had Bargs in! ANYONE BARGS CAN GUARD JV CAN GUARD BETTER. I just can't fathom how a coach can keep a hot JV off the floor for ostensibly 'matchup' reasons, while riding the 6'10 Amir and the 7'0 Bargnani to the bitter end.

As a wise man once said, "Inconceivable."
                    I agree with you on everything but the bold part. JV has had some good games and I love his energy but defensively he's been our second weakest link in the starting line up behind Jose and weakest link when Lowry starts. It's not because of lack of effort but strength and biting on pump fakes. He's gonna get better as the season progresses and I see him being a beast defensively long term. BUT today he isn't a better man to man defender then Andrea look no further to the Magic game where Andrea was on a completely different level then JV. He should have been in the game no question but not for Andrea it should have been for Amir. Dre and JV would have been too much for the 76ers and the game would have been won at the free throw line seeing as how they were in the penalty with 8 minutes to go.

Comment

• minks77 wrote: View Post
                      lol, I wake up, see the score and still watch all 48 on league pass!
                      That's a real fan!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Nope, me too.
                        me three. But games like last night. I turn it off after the game is sealed, i hate watching us lose close games its fucking annoying as hell. After J Rich missed the three and they let Thad Young put it back in i'm just like "screw this". But now i expect us to lose every game, somehow, so i don't mind as much anymore

Comment

• If I watch the game, I watch all of it. Don't always have time to watch every game though unfortunately.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                          X