Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: GT: Toronto vs. Philadelphia November 20.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

if it continues the team will lose faith in him

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lottery, here we come!!!!

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Amir was so gd gassed that he literally fell on his face trying to get back and fouled Richardson for the And-1 in the process. Just unbelievable.

Raptors Republic Starter b2kelly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imaginelino wrote: View Post
    Devlin, Sherman and Jack make me sick ... why are they not calling anyone out..they looked tired..running on fumes... WHERE WAS VAL!!! he is all energy!!!
    They are all employees of MLSE. How often do you tell your boss/employer how you really feel?
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter hotfuzz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone got sam mitchell's number?

just kidding lol
    "Duh! Winning"
    - Charlie Sheen

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Our 1st round pick this year gone for a 2 year Lowry lease with NOTHING to show for it.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ryanc123 wrote: View Post
    Our 1st round pick this year gone for a 2 year Lowry lease with NOTHING to show for it.
    Now THATS going a little too far for one lose

Raptors Republic Starter b2kelly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ryanc123 wrote: View Post
    When you put it that way that is really upsetting to think about. Time to see if there is a Clippers Republic.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade Calderon and bargnani so casey can no longer play them. Its like he wants to lose, "Valanciunas is playing too good so i think i won't put him in the 4th quarter. Oh and also i won't play T Ross cause he's a rookie but still a better defender than jose." Wtf is wrong with this guy? my grandmother could have made better subs, fuck this.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Calderon's productivity on the offensive court ooutweighs that of his deficiencies on D. No need to go blaming him. He's going up against Holiday who's playing like an all-star. Is there a better backup PG in the league that's even close to Jose? I don't think so.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, Casey was out-coached by Doug Collins. By playing small, Philly managed to open up the court for Holiday who by the way, was very impressive. Some things I would have wanted to see ...

(1) Take Jose off Holiday. This one is simple. Jose is slow footed and he has a hard time getting over screens. Lowry would have put more pressure on Jrue. Although Lowry had a pretty bad shooting night and looked a bit slower than usual (which is expected), his defense was pretty good, chasing guys off the screen.

Leading to ...

(2) Pick and roll coverage: With Lowry on Holiday, the big would not have to over commit on Holiday, which would help prevent the line drives. I would have also tried trapping Jrue off the pick, make another guy create. You can't let a guy walk into your defense knowing he has 3 campers and 1 roll man.

(3) I would have taken Amir out very early in the fourth quarter. Ride the hot hand. It's not like Valanciunas is slow footed. He's actually a better match-up defensively than Bargnani.

(4) I would have kept feeding it to Derozan in the post. He had a terrific 2nd half but they went away from him in the last 3 minutes.

We got exposed hard today letting Calderon and Bargnani guard the pick and roll - then scrambling after to get to 3 designated campers.

This one is tough ....
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Trade Calderon and bargnani so casey can no longer play them. Its like he wants to lose, "Valanciunas is playing too good so i think i won't put him in the 4th quarter. Oh and also i won't play T Ross cause he's a rookie but still a better defender than jose." Wtf is wrong with this guy? my grandmother could have made better subs, fuck this.
    It's like he has forgotten how to coach.

I still have faith in the guy, but he needs to figure his shit out.
    "Duh! Winning"
    - Charlie Sheen

Post Thanks / Like

Its another dumb loss cause of stupid adjustments. Had casey put on a lineup of

Lowry
    DeRozan
    Maguire
    Amir
    JV

we would've won

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I could see the matchup between Calderon and Holiday as a nightmare from a mile away. I have no idea why Lowry didn't start the game. I'm confident he would have done a better job at guarding Holiday. If Lowry loses his starting role again, after coming off injury, what message are we sending to him as a team that he should build a future with?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    It's like he has forgotten how to coach.

I still have faith in the guy, but he needs to figure his shit out.
    i seriously hope so. Cause we're beginning to fall and if we lose tomorrows game we're free falling. We're digging ourselves a deep hole

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    I could see the matchup between Calderon and Holiday as a nightmare from a mile away. I have no idea why Lowry didn't start the game. I'm confident he would have done a better job at guarding Holiday. If Lowry loses his starting role again, after coming off injury, what message are we sending to him as a team that he should build a future with?
    They didn't start him cause they were being cautious

Post Thanks / Like

All i want to know is why he brings out a lineup of 2 pg's? That lineup sucks so hard.
    "Duh! Winning"
    - Charlie Sheen

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    If I had a nickle for every time I read "trade Bargnani" from NoPropsneeded I'd have more money then Joe Johnson...

I agree JV should have played more and that T Ross deserves more burn.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    I agree, Casey was out-coached by Doug Collins. By playing small, Philly managed to open up the court for Holiday who by the way, was very impressive. Some things I would have wanted to see ...

(1) Take Jose off Holiday. This one is simple. Jose is slow footed and he has a hard time getting over screens. Lowry would have put more pressure on Jrue. Although Lowry had a pretty bad shooting night and looked a bit slower than usual (which is expected), his defense was pretty good, chasing guys off the screen.

Leading to ...

(2) Pick and roll coverage: With Lowry on Holiday, the big would not have to over commit on Holiday, which would help prevent the line drives. I would have also tried trapping Jrue off the pick, make another guy create. You can't let a guy walk into your defense knowing he has 3 campers and 1 roll man.

(3) I would have taken Amir out very early in the fourth quarter. Ride the hot hand. It's not like Valanciunas is slow footed. He's actually a better match-up defensively than Bargnani.

(4) I would have kept feeding it to Derozan in the post. He had a terrific 2nd half but they went away from him in the last 3 minutes.

We got exposed hard today letting Calderon and Bargnani guard the pick and roll - then scrambling after to get to 3 designated campers.

This one is tough ....
    +1 I agree with all 4 of your points.

JV wouldve done a better job than Bargnani.

Also, we did not NEED offense in the 4th, we needed Defense! Calderon shouldve been out and the line up shouldve OBVIOUSLY been:
    Lowry
    Ross/McGuire
    Demar
    Amir
    Val

You play ross earlier in the 4th to see if he is in the mood to play Defense, if so you keep him in, otherwise DM would replace him and overall you have the most important things when maintaining a lead:
    Perimeter Defense
    Rebounding
    Slashing + foulshot making
    3pt desperation kickout
    and tall interior presence.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information